My plants need help

Bayville, NJ

Hello, I have cucumbers and eggplants that are not doing well. Some leaves are green, some are turning brown and wilting. I don't know if it's a watering issue or some kind of bug or fungus. I did spray fungicide but it didn't seem to help. I've attached pictures. Please help me.

Thumbnail by larryb8415 Thumbnail by larryb8415 Thumbnail by larryb8415 Thumbnail by larryb8415
Bonita Springs, FL

Cucumber plants are weighty feeders, so make certain to take care of the dirt with rich fertilizer or matured excrement. After the plants foster sprinters and the principal blossoms show up, circle back to a side dressing of manure, matured excrement, or compost one time each month.
Cucumbers need garden companions!!! Like individuals, plants get by with a little assistance from their companions. Cucumbers should be pollinated to deliver, so plant pollinator-accommodating blossoms close by. In the event that you don't draw in pollinators, you'll probably get cucumber blossoms, however no natural product or strangely molded natural product.

Eggplants-
Pollinators are supported yet not needed for eggplants! Self-prolific eggplant blossoms can be treated by twist alone, yet buzz-fertilization by honey bees further develops organic product set and size. In the event that pollinators are missing or you have a couple of plants, you can hand fertilize them by touching a dry craftsman's paintbrush in the open blooms. Or on the other hand, contact the rear of the blossoms with a vibrating toothbrush to recreate a visit from a humming honey bee.

Bayville, NJ

Thank you for the advice about fertilizing the cucumbers, I hope that makes a difference with the leaves on those plants. The eggplants seem to be doing ok for growing fruits, but the leaves are still an issue, any advice for the leaves issues?

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Your eggplants look like they are infected with verticillium. Unevenly burned leaves and leaf curl are symptomatic. It's soil born so it advances from bottom to top. My experience is that usually whatever fruit is produced is of poor quality and flavor. Clean up and bag all leaf debris and rotate to non-solonaceous vegetables next year. That means no potatoes, peppers, tomatoes or eggplants. Verticillium will live for several years so look for resistant varieties in the future.

Bayville, NJ

Ok, thank you for the advice.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.