Mushrooms in my lawn

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Can someone tell me how to get rid od these mushrooms in my lawn? I am in WA and have had a few in past years, but they are BAD this year! We have had unususlly cold night temps and recent rains-- This area is at the edgs of my vegetable garden- When I run the urrigation the grass gets watered along with the veggies. Any help will be appreciated-thanks, Jo

Thumbnail by JoParrott
Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Doesen't anybody have any help?

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Mushrooms are indicators of a rich, compostable, organic substrate. That and a moist environment. I'd rake them out as soon as you see them to limit sporing and bag lawn lawn clippings to prevent more organic matter going back into the ground. I have chanterelles that grow in my yard so I am thrilled to see mushrooms! I'm not aware of a specific chemical treatment to kill or prevent them.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Maypop- I have been removing them and dpray the area with Daconil- not sure if it is helping but they have slowed down!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We have constant issues with shrooms growing happily here near Houston. Our solution is stomping parties as fast as possible. Those look like( not an expert) Chlorophyllum molybdenum, NOT an edible type shroom. Their gills are a greenish cast, and ours can stand a foot high if ignored. My veggies grow well with the mycelium surrounding them, but it leaves my dirt strange. Usually I get lemon amanitas, or the fungi that indicates decaying wood. I have them in wet weather and even worse the last 2 years in drought. Waving hello at ya.

This message was edited Jul 22, 2022 10:47 PM

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

This is how I get rid of mushrooms (chanterelles) in my lawn. First make fresh egg noodles then cook mushrooms in cream with fresh garden herbs. In this case it will be basil. There was a beautiful crop of oyster mushrooms a few weeks ago at the base of a dead hickory that was likewise kitchen dispatched. ***Never eat mushrooms you cannot positively identify of course!

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.