Best/Worse/What did I learn today? Come sit a spell, chat with friends,newcomers always welcome!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Some cats (and dogs) just don't get the "bite moderation" thing. That is usually something their litter teaches them. Stanley plays too rough sometimes.

I would think anyone considering a hobby as expensive as SG would want to have some experience before committing with all that money for equipment. Andrea's aunt left LOTS of glass behind years ago when Andrea was renting her house. I don't know ultimately what was done with it all. Aunt had her own little studio with stuff for sale.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Is Andrea interested in hobbies? Perhaps if it’s an older home hidden away there might be boxes of treasures 😜

Been awhile since I’ve been in pain uncomfortable enough I’m tossing from side to side, I know, I know I did it to myself, worked most of the day..i guess since I’ve been weeks ok instead of taking it it that doing little is the answer i think oh i should be ok to do this. Know this sounds absurd, if i was to turn the sewing machine backwards when straight stitching so that i working with my right side manoeuvring the throw vs
The traditional way….yikes just remembered it likely isn’t the quilting, this afternoon i lifted 3 tool boxes and organized the, plus yesterday i carried those 2 boxes..funny how you don’t even think of things as being too much. Complainer aren’t I??

Good old cbd/thc will have to do the trick.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

You are luck you can use CBD AND THC. It's not legal in Texas yet.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I was fascinated by stained glass and decided to take a class. It was back when the schools offered adult classes in the evening. I loved it. During the class I made a hot air balloon.....a flat picture not 3 D. I think it came out rather well. My daughter has it because at the time she was into hot air balloons. It's the only piece I made. I decided I had so many hobbies that I didn't want to take on another. Betty like you I tended to go all out with whatever i was interested in at the time. So I figured I had enough irons in the fire. I have always regretted that I didn't do more though.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I took another of the new meds and it settled me down so today will be take it easy kind oh day, a tired one as I’ve been watching movies all night….i thought Lindakay that most states had passed the law making it legal.

Hot air balloon sounds beautiful Karen and likely a fair amount of pieces.i saw one in one of my books I believe, wire soldered to hold the basket below

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, heat wave, high of 39f ,
think Thursday high of 52,:oh happy days

we had an 1” of wet snow, shovelled it off to the side, put garbage bins to roadside, so glad i decided to look the new bin as i watch raccoons turn the bin over and try to feast on what i cleaned out of refrigerator yesterday.

Enjoying my coffee while i wait for Pat to come over, not sure about June as I think the hospital was transferring hi to Barrie then on to Newmarket.

Now if I can learn not to use this space as a catch all..

Today’s to do is the big shelf over the refrigerators and storage cupboards

What are you all up to

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

We are going to dealership where we bought our car. This happened to friends in MI too so we know it's legit. Apparently Ford Flexes are in big demand as they stopped making them. Dealership keeps sending up letters offering us better and better deals to trade in ours. They are offering $4000 more than we owe to trade it in. As I said our friends in MI got this same offer there. So we will go today and see just what the deal is. It will have to be very good as we really like our Flex. It gets good mileage, it's very comfortable to ride in and it will carry a lot of people or cargo if needed. I will not agree to our payment going up either.

Good luck Karen! Make a great deal or LOVE your Flex & keep it.

Off to longarm with Marie. Wish us luck. I don't see this going well. When Marie is in a funk, EVERYTHING goes sideways.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Wow - the Vatican! Famous, indeed! Can we say we "knew you when"? :)

Last night I realized that I hadn't registered my car, so went into town to do it. I was halfway there when I realized that I'm going to town this evening to bowl :( Oh well, I continued, cuz they close at 5pm, and between leaving the afternoon Social Group and bowling, I have to eat dinner lol The life of a busy woman, eh?
I thought registration would cost $103, and it only cost $90.
When I went to the bakery to tell them how much I enjoyed the birthday cupcakes they delivered on Friiday (courtesy of my friend Una), they gave me a complimentary coffee. Very nice of them.

Karen, if you go to www.kbb.com which is kelly blue book. You can search your car, and find out what it's worth. We have a 2019 dodge Durango, and right now, it's is worth what we paid for it almost 3 years ago. Used cars are selling for premium prices right now.
Pat, good luck at the longarmer.
Susan, that was nice of the bakery to give you free coffee.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I understand Karen because they can’t get parts they are giving great deals, interested to see how you made out.

Susan that was nice of your friend, i would never think of sending cupcakes, what a great gift. We no longer as of this month pay a yearly fee for our plates but rest assured we will pay somehow.

I heard that USA passed that there will be no more time change, sure hope that is the case.

Pat how did you make out today with longarm, different panto’s

I thought Lindakay you just gotta new vehicle

Spoke toJeff today, both he and Caleb got Covid as well as Braedon.. not deathly Ill just sick like severe fly

Sharon came at one, had some embroidery needing done for a friend

Dianne and Susan, had this utube song on my iPad, thought id share, when you do tap and you might have to click to open sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGRMnMp_jw

This message was edited Mar 16, 2022 7:26 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I haven't heard anything about no more time change in the U.S.

States where recreational marijuana is legal:
Colorado
Washington
Alaska
Oregon
Washington, D.C.
California
Maine
Massachusetts
Nevada
Michigan
Vermont
Guam
Illinois
Arizona
Montana
New Jersey
New York
Virginia
New Mexico
Connecticut

Betty our car is almost 3 years old already.

Sorry to hear about family with covid. Keeping them in our prayers

Covid is slowing down here in Texas, as well as most states. Numbers for our town is 15 positive cases per week, and is slowly going down.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Guess not totally passed but started..see photo

Lordy time flies, 3 years already..know i am going to sound stupid, is Guam under USA rule?

Did your state vote against it in a referendum?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Guam is a possession of, but not a state. Like Puerto Rico. The people of Texas want it passed, but our governor won't approve it, to put on the ballot.

When medical marijuania came up for a vote, I was NOT in favor of it. HOWEVER, I have since learned from my client's when I still worked for ALTC working with elderly and disabled, how effective it was topically, reducing dependance on opiates for pain control. It made a believer out of me.

The longarm was a lesson in frustration. Marie had made her quilt with a "flange" around the border and we ended having to stitch the whole thing down as it kept catching in the foot of the machine. OH well... live and learn!!! She has quite a bit of "correction" to do on the very outer edge to make it all lay flat but on the whole, she did a great job and she is happy to be one step closer to done. It took the whole 10 to 4 to get hers done so I did not get any work done on mine.. She pretty much needed the help the whole time.

To have a piece of your work hang in the Vatican is quite and honor!

Betty, this popped up on Facebook just a bit ago.
With nothing on tv but the ukraine story, we don't hear much of anything else.
Still needs to be approved in the house, them by President Biden.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/598314-senate-unanimously-approves-making-daylight-saving-time-permanent

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

It would suit me to not have to switch time twice a year.

We got a good deal and came home with a new car. A Ford Escape. A bit smaller and more economical. Walt feels better because now we have a good warranty again. It's not the red I kept saying I wanted but it is a pretty blue. The deal was as good as it said. They said they were impressed ours was in such good shape. I said because we seldom have kids with us anymore so we don't need the larger vehicle. It will take some getting used to as we have always had big, but I think we will like it.

Karen, I will bet you LOVE it!!! Way to go on scoring a great deal.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, so foggy one can’t see across the street, promises to be 48f higher temps by weekend but rain every day. Can see the snow melting, hoping rain is not heavy, right now sump pump is running every 12 minutes, wouldn’t that be grand if it kept that pace.

Ford Escape I think is about the size of mine, great to get in and out..with back seats down you get quite a area for transporting things. Am sure you will love and and yes likely easier on gas. I haven’t been to far with my car, they called me the other day to say happy 1st Anniversary re car so I’ve got 6,500kl on her this year. Blue is a good colour, drats I got black, see every mark on it. When do you leave for Michigan.

Lindakay, i did not know about Guam, did know about Puerto Rico..likely it’s like her, we have provinces and territories.

This change in time really screw the body clock, takes awhile to Re adjust so let’s hope if it does pass in USA it will pass in Canada as well.

Hmmm Pat, trying to understand what Marie did with her quilt,Nate you saying she had attached the flange binding? If so that would really make it difficult..sorry you didn’t get yours done..do they only have 1 long arm?

As for medical Cbd/thc mine is 3:1, i took a few drops under tongue and in no time the pain was gone. Who would have ever known I would be taking it, but i am sure majority who take medicinal find it so very helpful.

Evan who usually comes Saturday’s didn’t come this week, his mom called and asked if he could come today to start his bunny hanging to catch up and finish with Mason Saturday so he gets here at 9.

My goal for today is clean shelving near my quilter
Measure Suzanne’s quilt that is here to see if to fits on my frame, if it dies i will put the quilt on frame, get that piece out of here as well, Suzanne did it before Covid and there it sits

So if i get all this done, hurrah

Enjoy your day

Are the kids on spring break right now?

Marie actually inserted the flange with the borders. Not how I would have done it, but it was not my quilt, not my design. Having NOT done pantographs before, neither of us realized what a mistake that would be!!! the longarm foot would catch and fold over the flange. We finally opted to just stich the flange down so the foot could go back & forth with the problems.

We have scheduled another day on the longarm next month and our goal is to load and quilt at least 4 crib size quilts, so we have more experience loading & threading to reenforce HOW to do it!!! It had been 2 years since Marie had been in and we have only done about 5 quilts on the longarm. THAT is NOT a way to retain information. We'll likely do at least 1 panto for the 4 quilts. The quilt shop uses zippers rather than pinning etc to the leaders. I really like that system. Quick baste of the zippers onto your quilt & backing & away you go. It makes it so you can take your quilt OFF & put another one on easily, helpful if it's a BIG or complex project, you don't have to do it in one day.

I got my neon heart quilt binding on last night. I will do the other one this morning. I will help Marie Sunday after church work on finishing her quilt. All the quilts have to be turned in 3/24.

We've had mostly in the 50s. Frequently overcast or a little misty, not really even rain. Maybe today I can spray some chemicals and get ahead of the weeds.

Thumbnail by psychw2
Verona, ON

Karen and Walt you will love the Escape. I have driven Escapes for years. Good mileage, smooth ride and it has AWD. I would prefer a 4X4 because of the lane but the AWD has not let me down. Betty is right the back seats fold down and give you lots of room to store things.

My week has gone down hill steadily and yesterday was the worst. I walked into the laundry room and there was water covering my toes with still lots in the washer drum. I bailed and bailed until I thought my arms would fall off plus my hands are swollen and some of my fingers are misshapen. I had to cart the pails of water through the house to the bathroom to dump. On top of it all the the sand coming into the house was mixed in spots with water that dripped from the buckets. I was ready to sit down and cry. I cleaned up all the water and left the wet towels I used to soak the water on the floor up in the tub. I'll get to them at some point today. If my fingers co-operate I'll wring as much water out of the towel before I put them in the dryer. Boy I sure wished I had my mom's old wringer washer.

Of course when 1 thing goes wrong something else has to as well. Kai picked up on the tension in the house and was was the devil incarnate all night. I am exhausted physically and mentally and plan to lay down for the first time in many hours. There is nothing that I think that can get any worse so will try and get some sleep.

Sorry to dump on you all. I am at my wit's end and need some sleep. Thanks for listening to me.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Don't wring those towels, too hard on your hands. Arrange them evenly in the washer and run the spin cycle. Or if you want just go ahead and wash them.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I soooo feel for you Dianne, been in same situation, it’s overwhelming and exhausting, did a lot of crying? Did a hose break? Not still running is it?
Sharon had a hose on hers go, it was upstairs, before she notice a lot of flooding, had to call insurance and have a company come in… do you have fans you can keep running?

With spin gone on your washer you are unable to do what I do what Karen andI do....
moping up with towels, throwing them in washer 2 at a time and spin dry, almost feel dry when I take them out i can sop more water up.

How right you are, when one thing goes wrong many more things go wrong.

Hope you can nap without Kai getting into mischief.

You need to just nap.

Evan came this morn8mg, couldn’t on Saturday and wanted to be at same point as Mason..he was so enthusiastic but got top done for Saturday morning class class.

Sitting here typing and almost dozing off..best i not get too comfy

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Oh WHY couldn't Kai pick up on the tension and give you COMFORT and snuggle you instead of being a pain!!!

I would hesitate to put the towels in the dryer. If it's been mopping up water, it's dirty. Of course ANYTHING that touches my floor is dirty!! With the dogs, and all their shedding, I am not happy with my kitchen.

I have a narrow border all cut and ready to put on a dinosaur print quilt top and can't find the top!! now where did I put that?? I don't like to leave stuff out because Stanley wants to lay on everything & spread kitty fur. I brush and brush that cat, and STILL he sheds! Surely before long he will be BARE, right??

Pat, that heart quilt is beautiful.
Dianne, I hope you got a nap. Wish I was closer to help out. Hope you got what ever leaked, fixed.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Drats and more drats, wrote a long post went to check on something and zap there went the post grrr

Loved your quilt Pat, was quite an endeavour but how beautiful is is..one you will keep? Lordy you are already on another project.

Hope Dianne you are getting some rest, my heart goes out to you, sure hope i won’t be telling you the same in next few weeks. Kai settle down?

Kids are outside playing road hockey, been such a nice day that it seems 1/2 community are out playing or walking. Was nice enough i even opened front door to let sun in..wow screen door needs a cleaning.

Did accomplish my to do’s today, cleaned off the 2 shelves near the quilter hmmm not sure i purged anything, did make it neater though.

Got Suzanne’s backing and quilt top ironed, backing sewed and attached to leaders, measured batting, 2ft short..Pat is going to OrilliaFriday and will pick a package up for me while she picks up the 2 grids i ordered.. big sigh, won’t get it til Tuesday when she comes, had hoped to get the quilt done and out of here but no go.miss buying my big rolls from Joanns..I think as of April 1st we won’t need to do any testing so just might make it seaside soon.

Brought some glass pieces upstairs for foiling, opened package and it’s copper backing ..not fond of copper look so wasted $20 and a trip back to joanns, can’t believe I forgot if it was black backing.

Calling it a night but not before i add Grayson..happy baby, plump and healthy

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is our new ride. Ford Escape. It's a different feel for us but we are liking it. We really don't need a big vehicle any more as it's very seldom anyone rides with us. Used to be we always had a car full. What we need now is a tech to ride along and show us how to work things. Our phones are now synched to the car and run maps and other features for us. I'm sure we will never figure it all out.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

Grayson is so precious. And growing fast.
Betty, that beautiful quilt, looks like it barely fit on your frame.

Beautiful car Karen. I love that color.

WOW that blue is BEAUTIFUL!!! (The car AND the quilt top!!! LOL)

That quilt is Marie's, let's hope we get it done in time!! It's registered in quilt show and has to delivered 3/24.

I found the missing quilt start, I finished the borders for the flimsy. The colors are more intense than what shows in the pics. it's about 50 x 65

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2

Beautiful quilt Pat. Glad you found it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

happy St.Patrick’s day everyone..looks like a sunshine day in my neck of the woods..
Hurrah, at some point today I’ll brave the snow depth and bring St Patty’s day totes to back shed and in comes Easter lol

Love the colour Karen..the other day by blinkers came on, don’t know what i touched so had to stop on side of road and start looking for bottoms, don’t even know how to go from am to fm on radio.guess we should spend time checking all the new features.
At those quilts are lovely, hope they make the show..

Bare but just makes it, kind size quilt, a big one.

10:am, slept in til 7:30am so that will make for a shorter day..just finished upstairs chores, did yhair, made a coffee and started to foil some of my windowpane pieces..i forgot how relaxing that it. Brought up a handful of pieces, 4more then i can put them in their space and bring more up..using some of my older foil, seems to be sticking so here is helping.

Then back to what i should be doing

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
oh Dianne! If it's not one thing, it's another. Do you have a clothes hanger you can put in the bathtub? That would be the easiest way, rather than wringing them out, to have them drip dry. And close the shower curtain so you don't have to look at them. What caused the leak? Hoping you get some rest.

Betty - loved that song "Wouldn't give a million dollars for a single maple leaf" That's how I feel about Canada - we are so fortunate in having all the blessings we do, in a free country.

This afternoon's our Silver Willow Senior Centre's AGM. I made a Cabbage casserole on top of the stove & it looks so good. It's for the AGM's potluck before the meeting. I'm a little nervous about people's reaction to my being nominated for President, but I know I shouldn't be. We're all friends there, after all.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Best of luck Susan, but if you don’t it’s likely because of those friends think you need a bit more time to heal..let us know outcome

Well i totally changed my day, started to quilt and could feel my shoulder telling me to wait 1more day so I’ve done a load of wash and foiled all the pieces to the window panel I am doing, that is so relaxing almost fell asleep a few times.

Baking. pie crust, making lemon meringue pie, will look in the freezer, think i have some chicken strips i can break and fries..it’s 52f here so snow is melting slowly.

I’ve got 1/2 the St. Patrick’s Day decor put in totes,slowly packing up the rest..it’s so nice i might trek in snow to the back shed and get the Easter totes out.

Enjoying my day just putzing around.

asked Greg if he wanted to drop 8n I’d make him a pie as well, nope,he and some old school friends who all snowmobile are leaving this afternoon for their last snowmobile ride..yikes,over 6 hr drive one way.

Verona, ON

Happy ST Patrick's Day. I was supposed to have company for dinner but cancelled. We'll do it next week. I just hurt too much and am still extremely tired. This getting old is for the birds.

I got the towels dried but it was hotter than Hades in here. I got the wood stove roaring and placed the towels over the stair railings. O f course they still have to be washed so I will go to a friend's and wash them early next week. Fortunately I have lots of clean towels in the closet.

I am able to be able to have a bath very soon. I managed to wrestle the huge soaking quilt out onto the deck and draped it over the railing. The sun is helping draw some of the water out of it. Can't get a repair man until next week. Oh well !!

The TH are walked so I can relax a bit. Kai's super duper new training collar arrived today. He has it on and is not too happy about it. Just wait until we start training tomorrow.

Pat somehow Kai heard your post yesterday and did settle down to be the sweet boy he can be when he choses. He slept pressed against my body all night.

Karen I hope you and Walt enjoy many miles in your new Escape. I didn't have my cell all wired up in the Escape as I knew I would never use it.

Greyson is 1 cutie Betty. When is Easter Sunday exactly ? None of my calendars have it listed.

My house is a tip but tomorrow is a new day. I'm going for a long hot soak and will be in bed early. I just noticed it was only 2:20 but my body tells me I will be early to bed and wake up full of vim and vigor (well I hope so).

Stay safe and well.

Victoria Harbour, ON

.Good Friday is the 15 of April Dianne, later than the norm, don’t know how they figure these dates out..something about some calendar..lol

I’m with you, regardless of time Dianne our bodies know when it’s time to get comfy in bed regardless if we sleep, just to relax and unwind. Glad Kai got our messages.

Lordy where there is a will there is a way, so much work doing the towels that way but you got it done. Here is hoping it’s just the rubber band that makes the tub turn and not a new machine..

Next week you will be rested, machine fixed and ready for company.

Dianne i went the other day to Foodland, they had mini potatoes that were baked and spices, had to be the best I’ve ever tasted.

Giant tiger has their containers of Chinese food on sale tomorrow so took the sealed bags 1/2 left from last time i bought them so having that for supper vs what i originally planned.

So tempted to put my head down but want St Patty’s totes in back shed and Easter toes brought in as long as i don’t sink in the mud then i will nap

I went out to Marie's and picked out all the stitches that needed to be redone on her quilt.. Basically about 4 inches on 3 sides. I hand basted it all so now she can sit down at the sewing machine and just quilt that border. I also trimmed off the excess so the quilt is not so overwhelming. She & Phil had MD appts and needed to leave early afternoon. I stayed until I was done.
Happy to hear Kai settled down.
Betty, I don't know how you decorate for every holiday. I'm doing good just to get the basically cleaning done & I don't always do a good job of that!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Back home - lovely potluck & meeting. I am the new President with a new VP & Secretary. The Treasurer will stay the same. She's (Dianne) a good friend of mine and we work well together.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Great news Susan, very impressive…you work extremely hard at these positions..wonderful, you go show them they made the right choice

Thinking of having my bath before supper then doing my nails..yikes forgot how working with stained glass does to your nails..hate working with gloves.

Did not bring Easter in, that is a chore for tomorrow

Didn’t go outside, back is like a lake.
1st day in a long time i just did what I felt like doing and without pain… feels so good

got all of the last of alleys/glass foiled, the rest of the cut glass is positioned in the frame, hopefully I will place these in the piece then hope to get the pieces tacked, hopefully before weekends end then soldered..this one will be for Greg & Mel for Xmas.
Mom told me a few weeks ago she has a stained glass lamp she broke, think I made it fir her so she will give it to me.. if I can’t fix it at least I can salvage bevels and make use of the lamp base.

Well time to get mobile..feel like i have been productive even though I just puttered.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Forgot photos

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.