Enjoy my garden more and fret about it less
(10 votes, 55%)
Red dot

Other, Tell us.
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are entirely changing how we garden. Most will be covered in landscape fabric.
Can't find people to work, so going no help route. Tried this last year, worked great.
I have seed ordered to plant flowers & other things for bees & good bugs. I have always had some things, but a lot are getting over run by grass.
# 1 Fabric laid for beans.
# 2 Beans growing, no weeds.
# 3 Patch for watermelons with beets. Weeded the beets twice. Watermelons over run the beets, but worked well. Large crop of melons.
# 4 Tomatoes on the left, beans on the right. Very few weeds to pull.
# 5 Inside of our high tunnels. Have used fabric for a few years.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Castro Valley, CA

I wonder who this "Admin" is. I have never seen an admin on this site. Is it a computer generated person asking this question?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I would imagine it's my friend Melody.
She has been "Admin" since this site was started,
I think.

Tobyhanna, PA(Zone 5a)

Age is really catching up with me, physically. Going on 71 and a lot of the "Get up and Go" --"Got up and Went." This new year I am taking a more laid-back approach toward gardening then I ever have before. I love my flowers, but I can no longer put as much effort into my garden beds as I used to. My back and knees have been telling me that for a few years now. This past Fall, I actually removed some plants that just weren't worth the effort to maintain. I still have my favorite tried and true perennials (both flowers and shrubs) as the foundations for my beds, so for this coming gardening season I am just going to buy annuals to use as fillers here and there. Hanging pots work wonders too! Happy Gardening!

Martinez, CA

Resolving to try and focus on/enjoy the beauty and growth and not fret so much about weeds. Here in CA, weeds are currently a sign of water! No weeds - drought!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.