Morning Glories 2021 #02

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1546225
My dbl Pink Brug made what i thought was an unusual split looking bloom
A few blooms from July 2019

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.
Beautiful blooms.
The double brug is Beautiful. I have never seen one split like that.

Thanks Linda. Before the bloom opened all the way, it looked like one of those shredded blooming 'brugs. Logees used to sell them.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love all the colors of your blooms.
Saw my first hummer of the season today. Bringing more plant out from my green house.

Thanks Helena,
dgs and I did his taxes today, still have to finish mine,
I can;t bring my plants out till May, wish I could. That gets you a nice head start on the outside growing season,.

We have had hummers here for about 2 weeks now.
Jackie, I have seen photos of the shredded brug, but never any color than white.

Gautier, MS

They are saying temps might get down to 45 degrees this weekend so it's still a bit early for me. A little early for me too. But enjoying these warm days except for the knats. Hummers are slow coming this way.

Linda, I doubt this one is a shredded brug kin but there was just something about it before it opened. I'll be watching to see what future blooms look like
Helena, the cold returning here tomorrow. Will still be in the 50's during the day but as low as the 30's at night.

Gautier, MS

I hope the cold doesn't stay long Jackie.
Most of my cactuses are blooming with more coming and they can't take the cold. So I'll have to watch for them.

Helena, we've got the storms going thru right now, woke me up. Turning cooler
after the storms, just hoping no tornado's.
I've got an amaryllis blooming if I can remember to take a pic. I haven't taken good care of them this past fall and winter so only a couple will bloom.

Praying you don't get any tornado Jackie.

Thanks Linda. we were praying too. May be going to be a very active tornado season
for us. They were out of our area by 6 pm. thank goodness.

Glad to hear they moved out of your area.

Much relieved here.

My two Amaryllis opened Sorry the pics are too bright.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2021 11:27 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Glad the weather is getting better. A little warmer each day here.
Pretty amaryllis flowers Jackie.

Jackie, those are beautiful.

Thanks ladies.

Gautier, MS

Are you all getting tons of rain like I am. It hasn't stopped here yet. Might have more coming this way all week.
It feels gloomy! But just saw a hummer at the feeder to cheer me up.

This message was edited Mar 24, 2021 8:20 AM

Helena we have lucked out and missed out on most of the predicted rainfall.
But we still have more on the way. My yard is a swamp at times and we will still have all the spring rains to deal with.

No rain here.
Wish you could send some this way.

Gautier, MS

Glad you didn't get the rain Jackie.
Only wish I could send you some of this rain Linda.
But it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day after all. At least for half the day, though now it started to rain again.

We have storms going thru now. Expecting rain, wind and maybe some hail.
This is the start of our tornado season. . Thankfully they're not calling for tornado's tonight, hope they're right.

We got rain last night.
We were under tornado watch last night. All we got was the winds and rain. No damage.
I will take it.

Thats good news Linda.
We're not out of the woods yet, more storms coming thru today..
But still not calling for tornado's in our area.
My dd said Ms and Alabama will get hit hard today
Helena??

Gautier, MS

Glad you got some rain Linda. Jackie hope it didn't get bad where you at. All we got was a bit more rain, wind blew another panel off my gh. Saw in the news MS and Alabama did get tornadoes. Most of the time it's always North of us.
Today I decided to take out most of my plants from the gh. I was worn out. Checked on my purpurea vines and saw buds so maybe soon. I will have a few blooms. It looks like spring, azaleas are blooming, wild Rose's too. Saw a turtle crossing my st so took a few strawberries for it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Glad the storms missed you Helena.
I am so excited that you will have purp blooms pretty soon plus'the
vines look good.. Seems like its been forever since we've had mg blooms.

Good morning ladies.
Heard on the news there were multiple tornados in your areas.
Praying you are both safe and sound.

Thanks Linda. All clear here until tomorrow. I slept so hard if anything was going on I didn't hear a thing,
We found huge footprints out by the greenhouse which is in the horse pasture. Like a wild animal of some kind, footprint's over 6 inches across Maybe a mountain lion or a panther which they say there's not any around here, I don't believe it.
We hear something that screams like a woman and they say that panthers scream.

Oh my. That's too close for comfort to find those kind of tracks.

Happy birthday Jackie. Hope you have an awesome day.

Thanks Linda. Just another work day here. Maybe I can get out tomorrow.

Gautier, MS

Happy birthday Jackie. Sorry I'm late. Hope you get to do something that you enjoy.
Those prints sound scary. That would keep me inside for good.
Another day of working outside for me here and I'm worn out already. Not happy with blooms of what looked like was supposed to be queen anne's lace. But I had Nother envy of heirloom seeds of it which I sowed. So was sent wrong seeds so some seller could make a few dollars. Here's a pic.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena,. I know you're disappointed but whatever it is they sent, the blooms are lovely.. Hope you get your Queen Anne's Lace blooms from your pkt of seeds.
My neighbor said there was some thing in her yard because her outside dog was
having a fit a couple of nights ago.Then my dog went to barking like crazy so it came into my yard. I need to go get a camera with night vision, We
would like to know what we're dealing with

Gautier, MS

I hope you get a camera to see what you got too. Will be interesting to see.
My dog was barking like crazy too yesterday morning when I went to see what she was barking at, silly dog was barking at a turtle on the other half of the fence.
Well, I was wrong about that bloom b/c I found that flowers growing with the grass on another area. It fooled me cuz it looks like its coming out from the plant. But I have sowed some in a few other pots, so I'll get the true Queen Anne's Lace from one of them.

This message was edited Mar 29, 2021 7:36 AM

Helena, I'm glad you were wrong about the bloom and will still get your Queen Anne's lace blooms. If its a true perennial and I think it is, you may not get blooms this year
That's funny about your dog. Ours will bark at a turtle too like he's fussing at him for being in his yard.
My leaves were all turning an ugly color on my variegated Brug and my dbl pink Brug. I found lots of little bugs, so tiny, causing the dis-coloration and finally the lvs fall off. Maybe plant lice which I've never seen before. Looking for my pics.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

I'm glad too Jackie about my plant. I hope it's not a biannual for blooms, but I think the main reason I got it was for the larva of the swallowtail butterflies.
Sorry to hear about the bugs on your brug leaves. Hope you can get rid of them. Funny too cuz I read that all the plant is poisoness sp? So those bugs aren't affected by it?

Helena. thats a good point but they're so tiny I can;t tell if they are dead or not. Yes the Brugs are poison so those bugs could be dead I guess.
Even so, they managed to do lots of damage before they died I've pulled off 15 to 20 of my lvs . I sprayed some bug killer a couple of days ago and today i applied some systemic I found for houseplants so hope that does the trick.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, glad you missed the rain and hope it misses you again. We might get some more too but no telling.
Yesterday I got my first glimpse at a swallowtail at my azelea bushes, I also saw a orange butterfly but it was too fast for me to see which it was monarch or fritelaria Sp ?.

It won't be long before you start seeing lots of butterfly's Helena. We are so
past ready.. Cool here this morning and it just came a downpour. Wasn't even expecting more rain this morning.
Helena yesterday was my eye dr appt and the young lady Dr said it would help me to get stronger lenses, contrary to what my former eye Dr told me.
Can't wait to see how much new glasses help me.

Hope your new glasses help you Jackie.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.