I'll wait till Christmas Eve
(6 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Bah Humbug
(13 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I always try to shop over the year, picking up things that seem appropriate for loved ones as I see them, rather than last minute 'get them anything as long as it is a gift' syndrome. Of course, I often forget what I have already bought, or where I stashed it, LOL!

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Darius..I do a little of that too..I have a big stowaway where I keep gifts. ..for birthdays too.
But I have two more gifts to choose..I should be out there today..but here I am playing away in the coziness of my computer room...stalling.....maybe I will wait till one evening after work..not so busy in the stores then.

Just got home and all finished up and trying to dry out. No more fighting the crowds. Thanks goodness forthat. Hate crowds anyway.I,(note I) was planning on giving just money to our daughters and grandkids but that didn't work out as planned. DH said they needed something to unwrap;sooooo shopping we went. Don't like shopping either. I go and get what I want and I'm out of there. No fuss,no bother. The sooner I'm out of the stores, the better. I'm done! I'm done! hip hip horray!

Oh dear I see I'm the first Baa humbug!

Darius

I shop the same way and have picked up much better presents throughout the year than in any December, it also means the monthly budget isn't so stretched!

I just buy little food presents at this time of the year which I know will be appreciated. Judging by the amount of people crowded in the farmers market this morning I'm glad all I have to do is wrap the presents up.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I'm like Darius, I shop all year for special presents. I like to give something special to each one. I used to forget where I put things or forget that I had bought someone a present. Now I keep the presents in a special closet and write things down so I don't forget. I usually wait till the last minute to get a few items for DD since she is still growing and I never know what she will need. I buy DH's the last week, so he won't have an opportunity to snoop, but I know what I'm getting him. I don't have to go to the mall for his, he wants something for his new truck.
Last year, I bought him a new recliner, used his truck to go get it and sneaked it in right under his nose. He didn't have a clue (or at least pretended like he didn't)

Montrose, PA(Zone 5a)

JUST HAVE TO GET FOR MY MIL. IT'S VERY HARD SHE KEEPS TELLING US SHE DOSEN'T KNOW WHAT SHE WANTS!OF COURSE SHE'S 83 AND WHAT DO YOU NEED?

MG,I'm far from your MIL's age,hope I make it though'

I was given a book from my DIL last Christmas and cherish it too' It is Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul 2' It's a collection of stories to "Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Mothers' Just a thought':D

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

We're almost finished, it was easy and fun buying for the babies, and that's just about all we bought for. I bought a couple of things on line for my grown kids, and except for one thing my daughter saw at the hospital gift shop last week, we're done. Not having much money helps you get it done fast!! If I buy throughout the year, I give them away then, so that has never worked for me.

Surry, VA(Zone 7b)

I finished buying the majority of gifts yesterday, but I plan to go to Walmart at 4am one day this week to pick up a few more things. I haven't had a chance to go into a Walmart since last summer because of the long hours my seasonal job requires and yesterday was the first time I'd been in a mall since then too.

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

DH and I started out this afternoon to finish our shopping. We didn't get it done though. After we had shopped for hours we finally gave up. We are almost done though. We still have to find something for his son, his Mom, and his office gifts, and ME!!!!. I am done with what is my responsibility though. LOL! I just need to help him get his stuff done. I don't think Christmas is a man thing.

Midland, PA

I just have one person left and I'm done!!!

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

hmmm going wendnesday, really, still sewing, don't shop Christmas Eve, but I have until the 25th right? January has a 25th..................

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

I am almost done just got to pick up some little things but they are no problem since they are right here in town and won't have to fight the crowds to get them. Still waiting on some things I ordered to get here. But for the most part I am finished everything is wrapped so far. Merry Christmas everybody.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Almost done, just need a couple of stocking stuffers....
I tried buying gifts during the year and put them away, just did too a good a job of hiding them - lol - cant rely on my memory anymore....

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I hate shopping! In fact... I hate shopping for myself - let alone trying to buy for others! I'm always a last minute shopper - I put it off until I HAVE to get it done.

Bah Humbug!!

Spring Hill, FL(Zone 9a)

I used to be mostly "Bah Humbug!" but apparently I've mellowed since I now actually enjoy the shopping and really enjoy the Christmas season. It is indeed the most joyous of times for Christians throughout the world.

dobie, ON(Zone 3a)

Like most of the rest of you I buy throughout the year. That way I can find what they want or need without fighting the crowds. Just had stocking for our pets to fill and got that done on the weekend. Will be busy this Christmas as I get to cook dinner for my family Christmas Eve and His family Christmas Day. Don't mind it though as I love having company
Merry Christmas One and All and have a safe a prosperous New Year.
trailingon

Blum, TX(Zone 8a)

DID YOU GUYS LEAVE ANYTHING "GOOD" FOR ME IN THE STORES?bY THE TIME I GET A CHANCE TO GO, IT WILL ALL BE PICKED OVER OR GONE,(BAH HUMBUG)lAST WEEK IT RAINED ,BEFORE THAT DH HAD TO WORK OVER.COME FROST OR HIGH WATER I'M GOING THIS WEEK-END!NOTHING LIKE GOING TO THE MALL TO GET IN, (OR OUT) OF THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT.HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I've got a couple of oddball gifts for kids and I'm going tonight to finish that. Most gifts I buy are bought throughout the year...I'm always thinking of the perfect Christmas or birthday gift.When I see it..I get it right then.

Brighton, CO(Zone 5a)

I finished shopping this Sat. with hubby. We each picked out what we wanted.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

We never really finish - think we have it all then the last minute "real Sales" start so we end up getting just a few more last minute deals. We always buy more than we should - at least dh does. Basicly we are through though, thank goodness. Ho, Ho, Ho!

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

I usually shop for the adults Christmas gifts through the year. The nieces and nephews get a savings bond each and I buy a tye-dye kit and T-shirts, and the last weekend in January I have a slumber party at my house with all 8 of them, we tye-dye the shirts and then I build a fire out at the fire pit and make burgers, hot dogs and S'mores, even in the snow, it makes them taste better. And we just generally act silly. This party is a tradition that we started about 7 years ago, (no adults allowed) My family feels that the savings bonds are the perfect gift, but I feel that it kinda cheats the kids a bit. Also with everybody living at least an hour in all different directions, and having extended families, some years this January party IS Christmas.
I have another little tradition also, my brother and I shop for our mother's gift and spouses' gifts together,(it's off to the jewellers we go) we have been doing this for 15 years. We went shopping tonight, I really enjoy this private time that we get to spend together. This completes my shopping for the year.
My husband will be working on Christmas this year (through the weekend) and has scheduled Christmas w/his family for the 2nd weekend in January (this also suits thier schedules )so he plans on doing his shopping after the New Year.I have allready bought his Grandparents gifts and just finished wrapping them and will be putting them in the mail tomarrow.

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

Oops, I still have to buy the kids a cookie card each, for thier stockings at my Mom's house.($1 a card, all proceeds benifit childerns hospitols, and it's good for a free cookie every time they shop at a Giant Eagle) I'll do that tomarrow when I pick up groceries and the stuff to make cookies for the people at work that cann't handle my organicly grown, home canned salsa. I also need to figure out where I put my postal carrier's gift or buy him another one. Then I'm done :) I think?

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I shop all year too. We couldn't make it thru the expense of all the gift buying if we didn't. My mother use to buy 2 Christmas clubs accounts at her bank to help her. She got one for buying gifts and one for paying the annual taxes.
I still have one box to mail out.

Valley Village, CA

Bah humbug, I am just buying the kids (grandchildren) gifts this year. Telephone cards, perhaps I'll get some calls, most 4 are in college this year, just two more to leave for college. We are retired, and 7 grandchildren 6 adults, and others is just too much for us. Norma

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

I finished Monday. Stocking stuffers were the last ones! Now all I need to do is wrap wrap wrap! I refuse to wait until Christmas Eve to start wrapping "Santa" gifts again!

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

There shoul be 'I'm too lazy and poor of that kind of things..'

Anyway I have sent many xmas cards but have gotten only 2. :(

This message was edited Friday, Dec 21st 11:12 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.