Medusa or Lucky Bamboo

Niles, MI(Zone 5a)

Medusa or Lucky Bamboo. Does anyone have this plant??? I can't find it in local sources. It is supposed to be a great house plant and I'd like to get a few starts.

Newport, OR(Zone 5a)

Annabelle, Lucky bamboo seems to be in all the stores here in california as a gift plant. I bought mine at the grocery store, but they have them at Wal-Mart all the time and also Target. I've been told that the corkscrew ones grow that way naturally, but that may be a put on. They seem pretty overpriced to me, I'm sure you could get cuttings from one, even tho they tell you not to cut them. They probably don't want people starting their own. I don't see why you couldn't cut them in sections. I'd be willing to share if I figure it out. They are certainly easy to grow. Just pebbles and water.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Yeah it has here so beautiful Chinese Vase with Panada on it with written chinese language with Bamboos at Lowe's. The color vase so pretty also.

New York, NY(Zone 6a)

These fad plants are dracaena sanderiana (not at all related to true bamboo) cuttings growing in water. Like any other cutting, they can live for a year or so in plain water. For longer life and more growth, they can be potted in small pots. You can also take cuttings from them. The curved stems are obtained by manipulating the direction of the light source. Sorry to take all the mystery out of these plants, but those are the facts.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Good input, Will. Thanks! I was going to get myself one eventually; now, however, I don't think I will.

Thank you!
-Jennifer

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.