Morning Glories 2020 #12

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1545207

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread.
Beautiful yellow bloom.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, beautiful ochracea blooms. I love that yellow color. Glad you fed it to get more blooms and hope you can hand pollinate them to get some seeds. Glad your DH hasn't had any more dizzy spells.
We've had cold to cool nights but sunny days where it warms up some. My plants are doing good in the gh. But can't wait for spring to go plants outside.

Thanks ladies.
Helena, glad your plants are doing well in the g house.
Mine don't seem to have as many bugs as usual so thankful for that.
I think it's because my inner lining of plastic is down in places making it cooler.
The cooler temps don't attract as many bugs.

Cold rain here this morning. Rained all day yesterday, all night and now we're in for another day of rain.
Some blooms from the past

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Happy new year ladies.

Thanks Linda.
Happy New Years everyone.
Hoping for a better yr in 2021.

Gautier, MS

Happy New Year Linda and Jackie.
I'm keeping my gh on the cool tempt too Jackie. I turn off all the lights on warm sunny days. We did get rain yesterday, today it looks gray with the sun trying to get through. Maybe later on it'll succeed.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I miss not having blooms from my mgs.

I miss our mg blooms too Helena. But the new growing season is fast
approaching, won't be long before we start a few. :-)
I need to refresh my Blue Silk seed stash and my Blue Lavender Beauty along with a few
others.

Gautier, MS

I raked some leaves today. Trying to clean up my gardening areas. My son cut down some small trees for me after christmas. I'll get more sun there for my plants. My winter sowing seeds have been coming up. I also noticed that looks like queen ann lace seedlings are coming up in some of my pots and on the ground too. Some of these areas are where the grass gets mowed all the time. But it's amazing from where they come from b/c I haven't seen any blooming. Time goes by too quickly so spring will be here before we know it. Hope we will be sowing mg seeds before long Jackie.

Helena, I love Queen Anne's Lace. It is a little invasive but I wouldn't mind with
several acres for it to grow on. I know the butterflies love it too.
I'm so looking forward to mg blooms this summer.

From 2016

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Sounds like you are already getting things ready to grow.

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Love your beautiful mg blooms Jackie. I know I'm getting into the mood for choosing witch ones to grow first.
I'm going to try to let queen anne's lace to grow and hopefully bloom. It's a wonder that it hasn't established in your property. I didn't know swallowtail butterflies used it to lay eggs so I would pull them up when I heard that it was invasive. I have too many vines that turned out to be invasive so I'm always pulling some up.
A few of mine from the past. Sorry, I didn't check before I posted them. I would have picked better blooms.

This message was edited Jan 7, 2021 7:10 PM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful.

Nothing wrong with those blooms Helena, very pretty\The Queen Annes Lace was at a local convenience store and they are mowing it down every spring. wish they would
let it grow,.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Jackie, I would hate to see them mowing down the queen annes lace. It must grow wild in other places near you. I'm surprised it isn't growing on your property. I watch a show from Alaska "The last Frontier" and see it growing wild there all over. They can get pretty big from such tiny seedlings after years of growing.

I wouldn't mind it coming up on our property Helena. I think it;s lovely. Seems like the bees were all over it. I had some good pics of it I took a few yrs ago but haven;t been able to find them lately.

Gautier, MS

Maybe they are hiding from you in a secret place Jackie. Just a nice thought though.

I don't know if you had snow but it has been way too cold for me here. I still see my seedlings doing ok outside, the milkweed and queen annes lace and a few others.

Glad your seedlings are doing well Helena.
We didn't get snow here but they did in south Arkansas.
It got down below 20 here last night. Should get to 50 here today,

Gautier, MS

I'm surprised you didn't get snow Jackie. We had a bit of rain early yesterday morning but today even if it was too cold in the morning it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. It warmed up a bit too.

2 more days in rhe 50's here b4 it turns off cooler again. The sun was nice today since its been so cloudy here for days on end, If we can just hold on till March, should see some nice warm sunny days toward the end of March.

Gautier, MS

Our nights and mornings have been cool too but sun is out again warming up here.
I can't wait till spring but there's still a lot of work to be done till then.

Plenty of work needing to be done here too Helena,. Feeling my age this yr

Gautier, MS

Me too Jackie.

Now where is Linda?

Good afternoon ladies. I am here.
Just been busy at our local quilt shop. The owner had several customers come in, and need them to be quilted, so I have bern busy.
When I am not quilting, I am making face masks for family and friends.
I agree, lots of work to get done in the gardens. We have had cold nights, but it get up in the 70's during the day. So far our winter has been very mild.

Wish I had learned how to quilt Linda.
Would love to have your temps for a few weeks, 70 sounds wonderful.

Quilting is easy to learn. Lots if how to on YouTube

I love You Tube Linda and especially all the how to's.

Gautier, MS

Glad to see you hear Linda. My mom use to quilt too, wish I had learned too but I don't think I have the patience with too many interruptions.
We have another beautiful sunny day here, wish it would stay 70 here too forever.

I just don't have the time or energy to take on anything new
I can't even make time to
crochet any more
I can't believe it's almost Feb, we can
start looking forward to Spring soon.

Past time to start 2021 threads

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1546225

This message was edited Jan 19, 2021 12:20 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.