Morning Glories 2020 #10

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544112
Count Drac color a little different yesterday # 1 and 2
Pres Bush different today too since the nights are cooler

This message was edited Sep 28, 2020 11:32 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda from the previous thread.

Beautiful count dracula bloom Jackie, pretty pink blooms too.
I had some nice blooms this morning the dark pink ones were huge. Others repeats as usual.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena beautiful blues and Milky Ways. Love your Mauve Splash and
pretty speckled. The pinks are gorgeous, lovely and different shades. of pink. Helena, I remember you had 2 new pinks. One was Pink Mist, was the other one Pink Woman
or Pretty Woman?

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.

Beautiful blooms everyone. I love all the colors.

You're welcome Linda.
A couple of Pres Bush blooms and my Magic Lily's have been blooming.
Lycoris I believe
I have everything back in the greenhouse but my heaviest pots which are water logged and weigh a ton. Need them to dry out for a few days so we can lift them.
The raccoons had got to my last mg';s on the porch and dug all of them up, made a horrible mess. We've relocated 4 of them the last 2 nights. .

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie. That lily is so vibrant.
Sorry to hear about the raccoons making a mess.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Awful that the raccoons had to mess up your last mg pots Jackie.
Pretty Pres. Bush and lily blooms
I should be glad of this cool weather but not crazy of it getting colder.
I'm still getting some nice blooms and a few with defects.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I should have taken pics of the mess this morning. It was so bad, dh had to get out there and help me clean it up.
Helena,. I hate the coming cold weather b4 it even gets here.
Beautiful blooms today as they have been all summer. Love the choc silks, Mauve splash and all the purples, lavenders and one I would call violet, more red than blue NOT
Edited to say I'm wrong about the color violet, it's more blue than red and purple is more red than blue when i google it.

This message was edited Sep 30, 2020 12:38 PM

I had some vibrant purps last couple of days,
They do prefer this cooler weather

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I am not ready for cold weather or winter. I haven't even cleaned out my gh yet. In some things I'm really a procrastinator.
Love your pretty purps. I wish I had sown more of the purps and higes. I'm having a very early morning. Waking up a 3 am, will surely need a nap later.

Gautier, MS

I took this pics this morning. If this cool weather keeps up my mg vines will probably stop blooming.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms this morning Helena. Love the Choc Silks, purples and
the pinks are wondeful.
My blooms have all stopped except flaked Pres Bush and it's about thru.
I;ve got about 10 plants I have to get in the g house today. will go down in the'40's tonight.

Thumbnail by patootie

Good morning ladies.
Beautiful blooms you have both posted.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Beautiful bloom from Pres. Bush Jackie.. Hope you still keep getting more mg blooms.
Was a bit cool again this morning, happy I'm still getting a few blooms. My crotalaria opened a few of it's yellow blooms. Weather might be colder tomorrow here too, they say.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I love your beautiful yellow Crotalaria blooms. I had sds of that at one time but don't know why I didn't get them to germinate. Glad to see your pretty blue pea vine is still blooming. Pretty speckled and Choc Silks

Glad to see you are still getting blooms Helena. They are beautiful.
I love that yellow flower.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'm glad to have crotolaria finally growing and blooming in my garden.
The seeds last for a long time b/c they have a hard shell. I gave some to a friend in Tennesse long time ago, then for some reason mine didn't come up. Maybe b/c I was into mgs, but I have always liked growing wild plants and tropicals for my hummers.
Hope you find your seeds, or I'll share some with you if you like.
Only had 5 mg blooms this morning. Its till is very cool this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful morning glory blooms Helena.

Helena, thanks for your kind offer but I'll pass for now. I have way too much going on with ds still so sick.
All but 4 or 5 plants back in the g house.
Your mg blooms very showy today, love the beautiful pinks and Choc Silks.
Count Drac today in the g house
Blue Tie Dye in Aug 2020
unknown blue Aug 2020
Weird Saz " "
Ehigasa " "

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Love all your beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad you got them blooming in your greenhouse. All have nice colors.
I'm sorry to hear your son is still sick. Praying he improves soon.

Thanks Helena. It's been very scary re ds. He has lost from 171 to 148 lbs.. He couldn't eat for almost 2 months. He has a blood clot on his liver. they told him its very rare but when we googled it. It said that's a sign of leukemia. So we're very worried. Thank you for your prayers,

Praying they keep doing test to determine what it is, and properly treated.

Thanks Linda. He has slowly started eating again which I'm sure means the blood clot is shrinking so that's good news. He's on 3 or 4 different meds including Eloquis.
Just trying to remain hopeful here, thanks again for the prayers

Gautier, MS

That's a little bit of good news Jackie. Hope he keeps improving.

Here's some of my blooms from today, last set is from yesterday.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful.

Out of this world pretty blooms Helena. I love the soft blues and pinks.'
Your speckled is incredible with the lovely color blocks. Gorgeous indica
blooms. I took mine back to the g house without ever getting a single bloom on it this season.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
My indica had a few more blooms this morning too but I didn't go to the back yard to take pictures. It has taking over the backyard. It's going up my gh, anything it finds to climb so I'll be clearing a lot of them out this fall.
Same repeat blooms this morning, Have to enjoy have to enjoy while they last.

Beautiful blooms Helena. That orange hibiscus is beautiful too.

Lovely repeat blooms Helena. Wish I had some repeat blooms, my nils have all stopped except for a few tiny blooms from Pres Bush. Purp in the tub out back. My blue pea vine is still making blooms in the green house.
Chinese Yellow Banana, it's never bloomed, needs more food and sunshine,
We've got to get it in the g house b4 it rains this weekend or we won't be able to lift it.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are so pretty. I love that blue pea vine.

Thanks Linda. I love that pea vine too. I wish the bugs didn;' like it so much,..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Pretty pink Pres. Bush Jackie and pea vine and purp. Love your banana tree, really nice one. My granddaughters neighbor gave me 3 small banana plants growing outside his fence. Actually I had to dig it up myself, but he gave me plant food for it too. Now forget what kind he said it was. Also saw it it produces bananas and can grow pretty tall.
My blooms for this morning.

Beautiful blooms this morning Helena. My favorite is that lacy Lavender, bottom 2 of the 1st set. Is it Lavender Chiffon?, Wish I had started one. Pretty Chocolate Silks and soft pinks too.
Helena, that will be lots of fun growing your own bananas. My yellow is ornamental
only no bananas, but it should be making that lovely yellow lotus type bloom. I'll feed
it more next yr and more sun..

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Hope the weather isn't too bad for you Jackie. It looks like you got some rain with this storm. It got a bit windy here and we had light rain.
These pictures are from yesterday. Jackie I'm not sure about that lavender bloom, I think most of the time it's solid. The light blue also has solid blooms and ones with stripes. Took a picture of my banana plants. I also have 2 ornamental banana plants but they haven't done much growing. Hope yours blooms for you, the flowers sound interesting. I'd like to see them.

This message was edited Oct 10, 2020 5:38 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.
I need to try growing a banana plant. Lots of people have them growing here. Don't why I haven't tried them yet.

Wonderful blooms Helena. Love the light blues and Chocolate silk
Can't make out too much from your banana plants until they get a little bit larger.
When you get time google musella lasiocarpa bloom and it will bring back lots of
hits but select wikipedia and it will show you a lovely yellow bloom, looks like a lotus bloom.
Linda you're in such a warm zone you could probably grow any banana you choose.
Pres Bush late yesterday

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful president bush morning glory Jackie.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.