Rookie Gardening Mistakes

Oak Ridge, TN(Zone 9a)

This is my very first time gardening this year. We live in an apartment so I am container gardening and have a nice setup on my balcony. I was getting pretty cocky cause life was just going so grand. My squash is flowering, my lettuce is getting thick and my cauliflower are begining to grow too....oh wait what's that? Delusional woman it's never that easy and to remind you of that I'm going to let these cabbage worms decimate your cauliflower plant in less than 48 hrs. And there it went.. I just tossed it out because yesterday after I picked the worms off and removed the bad leaves, that left about 10 percent of good plant remaining. Today they were back at it and I would not touch that cauliflower now regardless so I dumped the plant.
I want to blame those cabbage worms that invaded overnight but if I had proper pest control on hand I may have could of prevented the plant being completely destroyed. I use neem oil on everything. There isn't nothing it won't kill except caterpillars I learned yesterday. I needed bt and ordered some today so I'll have it. I learned a valuable lesson and every new plant that I am not familiar with, I will make sure I know best treatment options for common pests.
I thought I would share this with others because if some one learns from my mistake then they can still have cauliflower this year lol

Oak Ridge, TN(Zone 9a)

Here is a collage pic of my plant. I tried attaching to my post but I don't see it anywhere

Thumbnail by Babsalot

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.