Hi is this early blight on my sugar lump tomato?

New York City, NY

It has been raining a lot and these spots appeared. Other varieties planted nearby do not have this. I treated with neem oil per the suggestion of my local nursery but they didn't know what it was either. I am wondering if I need to destroy the plant. Hope not! Thank you

Thumbnail by jenly Thumbnail by jenly
New York City, NY

Also this is in NY in zone 6b. The plant is in a large new planter with fresh soil in a sunny location that does catch a bit of wind. The other 2 plants are Sungold and Black Cherry and so far they are doing okay but I was more aggressive about pruning their leaves and I think it set them back a little. Any info would be helpful. Thanks so much.

New York City, NY

I emailed my extension service and she told me it looked like tomato collar rot, which is caused by the same pathogen that causes early blight. She also sent a link to an online fact sheet from nc state extension that was informative and can be found through google.

New York City, NY

I emailed my extension service and she told me it looked like tomato collar rot, which is caused by the same pathogen that causes early blight. She also sent a link to an online fact sheet from nc state extension that was informative and can be found through google.

New York City, NY

Anyone care to answer? https://couponsly.org/promocodes/dsw/

This message was edited Aug 11, 2020 4:53 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.