Zucchini Help - Please

Toronto, Canada

Hello,

Totally new to gardening and I would really appreciate your advice

I'm growing a zucchini in a pot. I've noticed some leaves turning yellow and then they get brown spots on them (see pictures). The brown spots were crunchy. I've cut off those leaves, but now the edges of the remaining leaves are turning dark brown. The brown is just starting on the edges, if you look really closely in the pictures you can see. I think there is also some white stuff (powdery mildew)? But it's very, very little white stuff. I'm mainly concerned about what's making the leaves so yellow and brown! I've already cut quite a few off or t

hey have died...

I think my watering is adequate and I never let the put get dry, but at the same time, it is never soaking, dripping wet. There is good drainage at the bottom.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thumbnail by drewyyz Thumbnail by drewyyz Thumbnail by drewyyz Thumbnail by drewyyz Thumbnail by drewyyz
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

When asking for advice about container gardening it's helpful to know the size of the container and how it retains water (self watering?), the medium, the fertilizer program and the plant.

You have provided information about one forth of the puzzle. Is the plant seed grown? What variety? What are your current day/night temperatures? How often and with what are you fertilizing? Do you have male and female flowers? Fruit set?

Old leaves get crunchy which is as expected. White spots indicate the onset of mildew which means the plant's productive life is short. That is worrisome. If your plant was not seed grown then I will reiterate that nursery transplants of vegetables are generally not ideal. While looking great out of the greenhouse, they tend to be stunted and old before their time once tranplanted.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.