Searching for Botanical/Horticultural Info (mostly Aroids!)

Middletown, CA

Hey all! I'm new here but thought it might be a good place to help find what I'm looking for :)

I'm currently in the process of starting a sort of botanical/horticultural (?) journal for my different houseplants. I've attached a picture of a rough draft (started as messy notes before I transfer to my official sketchbook!) as an example of the different categories I plan on including - as you can see I'm pretty neurotic and want to be as thorough as possible! I plan on adding my own artistic touch to it by doing drawings, etc.

There are a few areas where Google just doesn't seem to be cutting it, and I'm looking for very specific information on the preferences of my plants (for example: Alocasia Reginula prefers "high humidity" - but what is the exact level/range? 50%? 60%? 70%?? What is the pH level they prefer in their growing medium, their water/food? What is their water preference/are they very picky with their water like the Melano?)

I'm looking for good sources on this kind of information for the following:
- Alocasia Reginula
- Alocasia Frydek
- Philodendron Melanochrysum
- Philodendron Verrucosum (Dwarf)
- Philodendron Micans
(The "rarer" plants seem to be the ones that are harder to track down the specifics for, hopefully I'll have an easier time with my more common plants!)

Thank you so much in advance!
(+ pic of my Melano. because she's my pride and joy)

Thumbnail by sufferthewitch Thumbnail by sufferthewitch
Middletown, CA

Whoa I must have read the dates wrong, I didn't realize this forum looks almost completely dead
w h o o p s

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.