What is this?

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

This is on the most expensive plant I've ever purchased, a white Mandevilla with a beautiful soft pink throat. It was sitting under the trees this past summer and the
tree does have gall. Is it a fungus of some kind? or something caused by the gall.? What if I spray copper
fungicide on the few lvs it has left. I do want to save it.

Thumbnail by patootie
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

I keep my one and only Mandevilla/Dipladenia in full sun in summer if I want any flowers. In winter I keep it near a window in the basement or under a shop light (12 hours a day) just to keep it going. It can produce long vines during winter that I cut off when I move it outside.

Going by two leaves is hard to make any decision about the health of your plant. Are all the leaves like this? They look like old leaves that needed snipped off or are yellowish from not enough light.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh hi Butch,
No this is not from a lack of light, this vine is sick,.All the lvs are turning like this and dropping off several at a time. soon it won't have any lvs,.
I'm going to cut it back since it is making long straggly growth and then spray the few leaves it might have left.with a fungicide.
Thank goodness, I was finally able to root a cutting but these lvs will have to be sprayed too.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.