Morning Glories 2019 #08

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Glad to hear you have new sprouts Helena.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, I might try to start a Xiong's. I have at least 1 of Deb's pretty pinks coming along, If it doesn;t do, I might re-start one of those too.
Looking forward to Blushing Bride blooms this fall.
Got a better pic of the 2nd Prettiest Saz
This 1st one is the 1st Pretty Saz to bloom, its still making lite blooms
# 2 2nd Prettiest Saz blooming
# 3 Spec MG

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those blooms are so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, beautiful blooms. Your 1 and 2 prettiest Saz are really nice but your # 3 is really special, a knockout.
I still have a few Ip. Nil vines hanging on. Maybe the bugs aren't bothering them as much so they make a nice bloom now and then. Hoping for at least a seed pod or two.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, the 3rd bloom. Special Mg is a newer vine so the bugs haven't had a chance to destroy all of the lvs yet. I didn;t get to pollinate these 3 today. Hope I get another chance to hand pollinate.
Hope you get a few seed pods too.

Gautier, MS

My choco blzd was very pale this morning. Same repeat blooms here with my salvias.
We are getting some rain now.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Very pretty choco blizzard. Other plants are beautiful too.

Love your blooms Helena. Pretty Salvias and mg's.
We need some rain here in the worst way.
Helena, I see how much my Spec Mg resembles Kosmic Kell.
A Prettiest Saz today, closely resembles the one I grew in 2010 or 2011
Lite blue Tie Dye
Hatsu Arashi trying to close early
Pink Tie Dye

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are beautiful.
We haven't had rain for 60 days now. Temps have been above 100. I am so ready for cooler weather.

Jackie, those are beautiful.
We haven't had rain for 60 days now. Temps have been above 100. I am so ready for cooler weather.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Your blooms are gorgeous Jackie. Your special mg is to die for, I think larger than K K and better. Your other blooms are really doing great too. Love that you are getting such nice blooms cuz mine are almost done. I'm going to give bloom booster for the ones inside.

Thanks Linda and Helena. I should have marked that Spec Mg bloom that was so showy the other day. It was very close to the bloom it made a few yrs ago that
caused me to name it spec MG.
My Dany's # 8 bloom is riddled with holes, much like the holes in the lvs.
This is almost white with very faint blue markings. I can't remember what my
original blooms looked like on this one,
Blue silk
Sunrise Mxd with Prettiest Saz showing up in this frame

Beautiful blooms Jackie. That middle one is very pretty.

Thanks Linda.

Baby raccoons dug up my 5 newest mg vines over night,. I have to go out today and wad up newspaper and cover the tops of all the pots to try and discourage digging. We have 10 baby raccoons coming around with their moms to get my cat chow. After they eat that, they sit looking in the sliding glass door asking for more.
Don;t know whats up with most of my blooms closing b4 I can get out there
Pink Porcelain closed, Hatsu Arashi, Cocoa choc closed too.
Blue silk'
Pretty Saz
Blue LYK very dark pretty bloom with star small size
Weird Saz

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie on both posts. Blue Silk and the your special mg are awesome. Your other ones are really nice too. I found a gold beetle chewing holes on the leaves of one of my mgs. It got away before I could catch it but I think it flew off and hasn't gotten any others. Wish our mgs would stay open all day, unless it's a cloudy day they want to start closing by 10 am sometimes earlier. Hope those raccoons stay away from your mg pops Jackie.
Yesterday got to see my peach pink 4 o'clock with 4 blooms. The plant s in a big tub but I don't usually go on that side of the yard. Another salvia started blooming.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena.
Beautiful peach 4 o'clock and the blue is striking on your Salvia.
I love your center pic with the 4 o'clock close up, very pretty.

Beautiful flowers you are both posting.
Sorry to hear about your flowers dug up by the raccoons.

Thanks Linda.
I did get the newspaper stuck down on the top of my mg pots.
I missed one and they found it. It was 1 of the 5 from yesterday so that mg looking pretty bad right now. Might not make it and there was 2 in that pot.

A couple of new ones
# 1 unknown maybe Early Call Mixed
Hatsu arashi
Prettiest Saz
2nd new bloom Cameo elegans not
Cha cha Maru

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Edit----------This is Debras Pretty Pink not Cocoa Choc
I've enjoyed this Sunrise mxd a great deal this summer
Ukigumo bugs got to these blooms
Lav LYK

This message was edited Aug 23, 2019 11:03 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Neat color on the first one, early call. But all your blooms are special and look great. Sorry you missed on pot with the newspaper but that is a neat trick to keep the raccoons away.
I didn't check my mgs this morning, took a break. Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Beautiful colors.

Thanks girls. I made sure I got all the tops of the soil covered with
newspaper to try and stop the raccoons. If this doesn't work, I;ll buy a bunch of hot pepper and sprinkle on top of the soil.
One storm after another passing thru tonight with impressive lightning.

Dany's # 8 is really pretty , this is an impressive bloom a lovely white
with light blue spokes Helena do you recognize this one ??? maybe a cross coming from my sds I gathered of Dany's # 8
Purple George Strait
This is Debras Pretty Pink, 1 of them,---- I mis-identified this as Cocos Choc yesterday
Lav LYK yesterday
Cha Cha Maru, its cute

2 diff shots of Kosmic Kell Her outside petals are blue, the inside star is purple
Blue LYK

Jackie those are beautiful. Glad to see you finally got some blooms.

Linda, thanks I've been getting blooms, just had to wait an extra long time for some of them.

Gautier, MS

Love your blooms Jackie. All are beautiful with really good colors on them. That # 8 from Dany's has to be a cross too Jackie. Mine this year are similar, though yours remind me of Ges….(can't remember spelling). Love the bright color of Debra's pink and your Kosmic Kell is just awesome.
I had a nice surprise when I took my morning walk to find this bloom growing on the ground. Loved it, it looks like Baby blue bzd Saz. Two pics of same bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena.
Your Baby Blue Blizzard Saz is just incredible. Its a striking soft blue.
Save me seeds please if you gather any from it.

Helena, that is beautiful. I love that soft blue coloring.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I'm really hoping I get seeds from that bloom and vine too and will sure save you some too Jackie..
Haven't taken my walk outside yet but did see a hummer, so making fresh nectar now.

Gautier, MS

I did have a choco and stripes bloom and later found a baby turtle hiding by pots in my yard.

Helena, I've enjoyed your lovely Choco and Stripes this summer and especially
pretty bloom from it today.
We've hardly seen any turtles this summer and didn't have very many crossing the road in April and May like we usually do. Dont know whats up with that.

The spec MG was really special today. You can see some blizzard going on
Unknown pink
My giant thistle isn't so giant and doesn't have any buds on it.

A few more blooms

Weird Saz
Sunrise Mxd Pink
Kosmic Kell dark colors today on KK
Debras Pretty Pink
Black King

Oh my goodness. Look at all the beautiful blooms. And that baby turtle is so cute.

Thanks Linda.
All repeats here
the lovely dany's # 8, a cross perhaps
Weird Saz
Spec MG
Hatsu arashi
Unknown Pink
I have just a few that haven't bloomed yet. Some wont make it thanks to the raccoons. I sprayed Repel all last night and
they didn;t touch a single pot. Keeping fingers crossed here.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Jackie, I am enjoying seeing all your beautiful blooms. Your special mg is to die for. Save me a few seeds from it please. All your blooms are gorgeous. Love the size of your unknown pink bloom and color. Kosmic Kell is also nice, I like yours a lot better than what mine bloomed.
I was late getting outside today 10:45 am so am lucky my two blooms were still open. My baby turtle left after it ate all the strawberry and cherries I cut up for it. I have only seen a very few turtles crossing the street this year too.
My only two nice blooms this morning Karens2005 choco specks and choco stripes and specks mix.

Thanks Helena.
You know I will save you some seeds and a few from Cats Kosmic kell in case it
makes you diff blooms than what you've been getting.
Beautiful blooms this am from Karens choco specks and your stripes and specks mixed. Can't help but notice, just like on our Chocolate Silk, sometimes the blooms are more rose than chocolate. Your bloom from Karen 2005 in rose is lovely.

Beautiful morning glories Jackie. Such pretty colors.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Yeah, I'm really glad you are growing those mgs. The blooms have been awesome. I guess my choco stripes and specks from Karens doesn't really have a true choco color. There seems to have a variation in the colors of chocolate.
I'm giving my mg vines inside bloom booster. It's raining really hard here this morning, I thought I was going to have another baby blue blzd bloom this morning but now it may have been damaged really good if it opened. Good day to sleep late or take a nap.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.