I don't use mulch
(2 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(5 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Freedom, CA(Zone 9b)

When I pull weeds, I stack them in piles to dry and then spread them around the base of plants the next year. There is plenty of room here to do that.

Glenmoore, PA

Leaf mulch

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9b)

I use Melaleuca quinquenervia (a.k.a. Punk tree; Paperbark tree) which is an invasive, prohibited species in Florida. They're harvested from the Florida Everglades where they are a problem. The price is about the same as other types of wood mulches

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I want to know what idiot decided rocks and gravel and stones are mulch?

Millers Creek, NC

I use grass clippings in my vegetable garden. They form a nice mat the smothers our the weeds and grass. I do agree with using wood chips around my flowers and trees though, much easier to tend and breaks down better, I think.

Erie, PA(Zone 5a)

I have a small place, and I like the scent of pine, so I tend to buy bags of pine bark mulch when it's on sale & use that around flower beds and along the fence lines. However, I like using rehydrated coir bricks for mulching in the vegetable patch, and it helps to make the soil less dense to work with when preparing beds for the following season (I started out my veggie beds with only "contractor's dirt" and have been improving them ever since.) Never thought of using dried out weeds, though the idea is attractive (and Lord knows I've got plenty to recycle!) Isn't there a fear of replanting the weed seeds, dessicated though they may be?

Mentone, AL(Zone 7a)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076VGKRNT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And weed barrier in the un-planted areas. That previous comment about rocks and gravel was awful harsh.

Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

I have been using mushroom mulch for over 20 years. Some of my gardens' soil is just wonderful from this addition.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.