Plant Propagation New Year

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I can feel your pain Gypsi. With that nasty dog bite, I have 4 tomatoes to plant tomorrow or Monday but first I have to get the bed ready. Should be easy but never is.

When it gets warmer in the mornings, I will garden early before Vern wakes up.

JU, I hope you are on a high hill and not down in the valley.

Fort Worth, TX

I am staying in, despite pretty weather, and doing bookkeeping this morning,I need to amend 2015 taxes NOW. And 2016. The IRS probably owes me and it all goes away after april 15 for the 2015.

good for arm, good for budget

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Yeah, I love IRS owes you money. The weather here today was beautiful. Caregiver left at 1pm and I walked the dogs while Vern finished his coffee. Then he joined me outside. He sat in the sun in his wheelchair on the driveway. He and I were out there for 1 1/2 hrs. He enjoyed the sun and a few neighbors stopped by to say hello to him. I rehabbed three pots from the back landscape and got them re-potted. He helped me choose what he wanted in the pots because they are right outside the french door near the breakfast nook. He can see them each morning while enjoying his breakfast. Then I got about 10 new plants loaded into my gardening wagon and moved them to the back landscape. Roving guard stopped by to say hi to Vern, young man, and I asked him if he would carry the three heavy pots back into the back. He did that without breaking a sweat.

I am going to have the mow and blow guys tomorrow dig my tomato bed with new soil mixed with the old. That way I can plant my tomatoes. I made that decision today when I ran out of steam after moving plants into the back landscape. I made the mistake of sitting down for a 10 minute rest and never got back up.

I did have an easy diner. Boiled potatoes and cabbage with corn beef. The corn beef was delicious.

Have a great Monday and I pray none of you guys are in the flood areas.

Fort Worth, TX

i hope they do, I reported the income and kinda skipped doing the expenses. If they don't I may have to sell a car to pay them off.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Blisters on my hands, poked holes in the skin, typical day. Absolutely beautiful day- I saw 69* light breeze, got the last bed weeded, new dirt thrown down to even the lay. Sides are just leaned together, but worn out. Visited HDepot, landscape fabric and a new pair or 2 of mules. Remi digs his moles seriously, but this one escaped. Not sure if I showed Doodle after hunting all night? A hummer buzzed me while I was grubbing in the dirt- didn't see it, think he was alerting me to the bees in his sugar. Ran to the gro store when my daughter got home. A few errands tended after 630 pm. Tired. Haven't done my taxes yet and do need to. Think I will retire here in next few and unwind.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

The young man from the mow and blow got here early. He is the owner and his father works with him. I had to scramble to catch him regarding digging the tomato bed. I showed him where the bags of soil and perlite were and all went well. Then he came to the front door and wanted me to come with him. Then he asked if I wanted him to dig here. That was where my potatoes were. He had already turned over my onions. Oh well, I still have onion seeds that was going to plant in a couple of weeks, so they will get planted tomorrow. And he did an excellent job of the digging.

I got 4 more plants done. Then I decided to clean two very large spider plants. Of course, th way I work I just trim and throw on the ground. So the back landscape they just got finished cleaning is scattered with debris but I can sweep it up tomorrow with little effort. I think every gardener needs a good fairy to come up behind them and pick up their trimmings. That the hard part of gardening.

Vern again sat outside with me for close to 2 hours. Housekeeper was here so he was a little displaced. Even though she works around him, he felt in the way.

Kitt, that looks like a pretty good price on that Pork.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Gypsi, no reason they will not let you itemize your expenses but you had better have good records and receipts since this is an amendment.

We were 78 degrees today. Tomorrow, more of the same. Then we got down about 10 degrees because rain in moving into our area.

We will be going to the airport with the family to pick up grandson who is returning from his church mission. So I probably will not be on here tomorrow.

Kitt, my hands feel like sandpaper. But no blisters.

Gypsi, how is your injury.

Fort Worth, TX

Sharon, I'm answering this on the back porch forum.

so far 2 tomato plants in the garden, hope to get home in daylight today

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sharon out of the water run for now , I am doing several things , I will get more time later ,,
Kitt hope the hands feel better I know the feeling all to well

Gypsi how are the bite holes ,? wow and ow ,,,

Fort Worth, TX

I could post a picture of the bite holes but it's pretty gross. On the Back Porch later.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here are the little Fennel , still looking the same as two weeks ago ,

Thumbnail by juhur7
Fort Worth, TX

Here is my forsythia, and maybe a couple other things, not sure what I photographed.

Seedlings in greenhouse didn't get pics

photo 3 is what is it, I think it's privet.

photo 4 is self explanatory. My helpers goat had twins and I have grandkids, lol And the littlest kid finally picked up her kid.

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi
Oxdrift, Canada

Quote from oxdriftgardener :

The seed company where I was getting my sweet potato slips that do so well here has discontinued them this year. I have 2 nice firm ones left and I found an article on Pinterest on how to start your own slips so am going to give that a try.

Update
The information I had from Pinterest and subsequent Google searches was a little sketchy on how long it would take to get usable slips. So I started one of the potatoes on March 1st which appears was probably a little early judging by the progress. First photo was taken March 1st and second was this morning. I cut the second potato in half and started it today

Thumbnail by oxdriftgardener Thumbnail by oxdriftgardener
Fort Worth, TX

just pot them in dirt and put in greenhouse til you can move outdoors. It's what I do

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

New thread for propagation now that April Fools will be Monday!
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1501773/
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1501773/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.