Morning Glories 2018 #13

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Where is a good place to buy morning glory seeds.
I bought some this year from Walmart. Not one came up. About 50 % of other seeds grew, sunflowers and coleus.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Linda, Brugs do prefer cooler temps than you have there in Del Rio.
I can't grow the lovely Red Brug here in Ar, way too hot.for them to do
well.
I don;t have a problem with Wal Mart sds, they usually do fine here.
Try ro start them in 8 oz foam cups, punch 3 holes in the bottom of the cup and add poitting mix. Don;t plant the sds deep and water well. Give them bright lite
not sun, should be sprouted in a few days,

Gautier, MS

I'm sure my mgs inside will do ok. I just bought rust sulfur powder, it says its good for a bunch of things including mites. I used it on the under leaves of my seedlings in gh.
I thing I have a armadillo digging a huge hole next to my house, trying to go under. Bought a spray to try to get hid of whatever it is. I really did not want to deal with this.
Only a few mgs this morning. This bloom would be pretty if it didn't have defects.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your mg's are beautiful Helena. Love the nice colors.
So cloudy here, I could hardly wake up

No Mai, supposed to be the purple, but not
pretty purp
More blooms open on my Brug
Hige

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful flowers everyone.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I think Brugs are neat plants. Love your peppermint hige, lost most of the buds on mine after I sprayed it.

Helena, I just went out and pollinated the peppermint hige, hope it takes. It had been so rainy here that I had not pollinated for a long time,.
Can't believe it the Curcuma ginger has a new set of buds coming on.
Plus its put out new offsets.

Gautier, MS

Hope you get seeds from your peppermint hige Jackie, so you can keep growing it too. Always nice to get surprises from plants that grow well.
I got a hige bloom that I like this morning too, I don't think the picture shows but it has a lot of blue tint on what was supposed to be Jamie Lynn hige. The Kikyo blue speckled what it was really supposed to look like. # 3 Jamie Lynn hige, # 4 purp, #5 Yukon.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those blooms are so pretty.

Gorgeous blooms Helena, the speckled is to die for. Love the Jamie Lynn Higes too.
Not surprised she made a lite blue tinted bloom, the true JL has a blue cast
that is sometimes hard to see. Lovely dark purp.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Happy to get any blooms at all. It's starting to stay darker in the morning. It's been a beautiful sunny day here!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

gorgeous blooms, Jackie and Helena! I love the red zinnia and the clero. I had one for a few years and finally killed it last winter. I didn't try to, the bugs got it. Linda, I bet we can send you seeds that will start inside for you, instead of trying walmart seeds.

the higes are awesome, and that speckled kikyo! wow!

I would appreciate any seeds sent my way. If you need postage let me know.

Gautier, MS

Happy to see my mgs this am and pink 4 o'clock.

When are you planning on growing them Linda? Winter or for spring? I would certainly be growing inside on a sunny windowsill in winter. That's what I'm doing now and the seedling are already taking off.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I don't have room inside for plants, so it will be spring before I plant them.
Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Ok, so there's still plenty of time to go through seeds. Are you planning on growing in pots or directly in the ground. In the Texa's sun would be best if under a tree for some shade.
One of my vines had 4 blooms, it looks like Blushing Bride.

Gorgeous pinks Helena, love how they have different looks.
Lost my post from last nite, beautiful blooms you sent yesterday,
the dark purple is out of this world lovely and the pinks are
scrumptious
I didn;t grow enough pinks this yr

No clue looks a little like Keiryu??
LYK??
Purple Tie Dye
Peppermint hige
C of Venice

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. On my blooms I like the light pink colors.
Beautiful colors on your blooms Jackie. Just love those blues and lavenders, your hige and c of Venise.

Two blooms from this morning I missed this morninng so posting now.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms everyone.

I wish we had shade trees. We have a few ash trees, but they are on the fence line. I will try them in pots this spring.

Thanks Linda. Oops, I didn't realize we are over 100 posts.
To the new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1488590

This message was edited Oct 4, 2018 11:56 PM

Just posting so this thread will disappear from my threads.

Linda, posting here activated this thread again so it jumps to the top instead of the new thread.It will still appear in your threads since you posted again most likely
Please no more posts here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.