Morning Glories 2018 # 10

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful morning glories this morning.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

no internet for me. using dgd phone to let you know and hope mine will be fixed by tomorrow evening

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Hope your internet gets fixed Jackie.

More of the same blooms. But I am enjoying what blooms!
Jackie's #1 and 3 blue star. Thank you Jackie for sharing.
#2 Kosmic Kelli, really nice!
Choco silk
Fuji no Mono

This message was edited Aug 8, 2018 7:10 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Missed all these beautiful blooms but at least they were all waiting for me when i got back. Love your blue Stars Helena and Kosmic Kelli looking very similar.
Love the beautiful pink Fuji no Momo or Mono, whichever it is.
Helena thanks for letting me know the neem oil comes in a r-t-u. I think my Lowes
only carries the concentrate but I;m going to watch for it..
We've had a horrible time here, 1st the a/c went out Monday evening and by
Monday nite, my internet was out. My modem was burned out so they replaced it this am. .
All repeats except for my angel trumpet, it opened all 3 blooms at once, shoot!!
a lite yellow but the scent was out of this world

This message was edited Aug 8, 2018 5:51 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Glad your back but sorry to hear about all the 3 hits at about the same time. That can be stressful.
Beautiful mgs and love your lite yellow angel trumpet.

Thanks Helena. Just glad my air is on again and my computer up and running.
I was miserable all day yesterday with no internet access.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Love all the blooms also , missed the thread update ,
Computer problems are pain ,,
I got corrected
A reddish striped , and purple striped , pres. Bush

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Nice blooms Juhur. Pres Bush is one of my favorite glory's.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Juhur. I need to grow Pres Bush mg in the future.

We had a good downpour early this morning, good for the plants but I was only able to get a pic of this bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Absolutely gorgeous bloom Helena. Is it Pink Porcelain or one of the
Choc Silk crosses.? I think I have a PP coming along somewhere
We've had rain almost continous for 2 days and nights. It's going to kill my plants,
too much of a good thing and its not over yet. I need to carry some of them to the g house

The mutant not, its purple not blue
Spec mg # 2
Pandy high on a pole
This last bloom in purple is on the same vine as the closed pink bloom.
(lower left in the pic) Its tagged as Blue TD, no way

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. This vine makes both kinds of blooms Pink Porcelain blzd and Blushing Bride blooms. Kind of neat not knowing what the blooms will be.
Your beautiful blooms are really nice. That blue is beautiful so I can imagine that the purple has to be too! I like your # 2 and pandy. I'm having a bad senior moment on your Blue TD but the color is nice.

Thanks Helena. I really like your PP /BB vine .
The Blue Tie Dye has got to be tagged wrong.. I'll just watch it to see what it does next.The pink bloom was closed when I went out but looks like a
Pink Tie dye,coming off of the same vine,

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Helena ,, thank you and you and Jackie have really pretty blooms ,

I thought this was a Bindweed Looked again , one of the Pres,Bush blooming white it caught me by surprise,

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Juhur, yes sometimes the Pres Bush throws a white bloom. It doesn't do me any good to hand pollinate as the bees or hummers are getting there 1st.and doing their thing.
I;m so put out at times I;m tempted just to share mine as mixed sds

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Jackie the white and a purple striped are the only different so far , Most are the red pink striped , Nice blooms though , I might get a Fuji bloom here in a while

Serenade and pink parfait vines just set still with four or six leaves I have no idea what happened there .

Hopefully your Serenade and Pink Parfait will start growing again. Might need a little fertilizer even though I seldom feed mine.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow, really have missed a lot of outstanding blooms. Glad I am able to get on. No work tomorrow, actually saw a faded bloom of *something* out there, tomorrow a.m. I can at least go investigate. Really glad you got your internet back on Jackie. Hope you have some a/c, now, too. Helena, your blooms have been keeping me going, so keep them coming., Like Jackie, mine are taking forever, but its okay as long as I pop in here and see the eye candy all of you , ( Ju, too) post. From 2011

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, glad you stopped by. Pretty blooms from the past.

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Gautier, MS

That was a lot of rain you've had Jackie. Know what you mean about mix seeds, It happens to me too from my seeds.
Pretty blooms Ju, surprises are nice. Tagging blooms that are different will help in collecting seeds if you have the time to do it.
Thanks Debra. Pretty blooms Debra from the past. Glad to see you with us.
My vines are putting out small blooms, leaves look awful. I do have this dark gray that is new.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, love all your pretty blooms. Could you remind me of that pink with
the speckles name again? Your beautiful dark bloom looks like Black King???
Hope 1 of my BK's blooms soon.
Because I over planted my backyard tub, I have blooms tangled up in stems that
can't open.
Purple Star and a different looking pink. all my blooms showing'rain damage from
daYS OF rain
Messed up pink
Mutant ??
Spec mg # 2.
Blue thats not Blue Tie Dye

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Even with all the rain your blooms are pretty. Your blue that not a T D looks even prettier today Jackie. It's just something we gonna have to wait for the blooms to do better. I am liking your blues and purples a lot.

That pink with specks is Dany's peach. I guess that other one could be Black King.
I went out with my great grand daughter today and removed most of the leaves with rust and damage from bugsrom at least half ov themg vines.

Thanks Helena, I like that unknown blue that is not a Blue TDye, its a different , unusual color for me. I had forgot about Dany's Peach, so old I just can't keep them straight smh
Glad you and ggd got some work done today in the garden. I went out and tried to
tag some of my mg's but for sure I will have the sds marked wrong by fall.
Helena I have sds on the turbinata and oh happy days, I have 1 sd pod from the blue that showed a lite blue border that you liked on Berlini blue
I had a tiny Drac open I haven't uploaded yet.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, glad you have at least one seed pod on the neat Berlin Blue. When the bees do their work we are not really guaranteed of what's coming next. But I like surprises.
I collected 2 seed Dany's Peach. My Mauve beauty hasn't made any seeds yet. A lot of neat blooms are low or no pollen at all.

Two blooms from yesterday turning colors in the afternoon, 1st was lavender silk, 2ndwas Dany's blue purple. The rest of my blooms for today.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Helena, I did pollinate the unusual Berlin Blue with border but I;m sure the bees
had already been there. Worth planting though next season to see what we get. A pretty PurplyBlue opened today. I had planted it on fence last yr after digging it up near the big tub in back. Main part of bloom is purple even though it looks blue here.
Helenas' Pink on Pink and also # 3 is her pink from a few days ago
I;m worried about my stictocardia from Debra. Look at this crud the leaves are making
and I am losing lvs. I have asked Logees about stuff like this forming on the lvs b4 and they tell me its a natural formation. I haven;t asked them about this dry fluff yet..

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I like that first one even if its really purple. The pink blooms look familier. I've never seen that unusual stuff on the leaves on your stictocardia.
Hope you can find out what it is and can use something on them.

Thanks Helena. I like the purply blue too. I think I have a different purple/blue planted
in the big tub. Still waiting on it and Rosita and Black King
I think my Aogakiyama will open in the morning
Since Debra has a sticto maybe she has seen this weird stuff.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

That is a pretty bloom Jackie. I still have a few vines that need to bloom and others that I'm waiting on prettier blooms. Still too many opening up with defects and damage. We still are getting heavy summer showers that pop up out of no where.
These are the better blooms from this morning.

Love your pretty Lav or Purple Star Helena. and the beautiful Fuji no Momo??. Lovely little white Kikyou, sp??
Not Aogakiyama, its most likely Hatsu Arashi found another name tag in the pot.
Purple Tie Dye in backyard tub
Edited to show Plum Surprise
Purple blue damaged today and looking different from yesterday's.bloom
Blue Tie dye not

This message was edited Aug 12, 2018 6:20 PM

This message was edited Aug 13, 2018 12:01 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Jackie, I have never seen that white stuff on the leaves.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda
Jackie, don't know the sp of the white Kikyou. Think the seeds came from Becky and had them for quite awhile now.

Love your beautiful blooms. It does look like that ist one is Berlin Blue. Your 3rd blooms reminds me a bit of Plum Surprise. But all very nice.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena It does look a lot like Berlin Blue. I can't remember if BB has varieg lvs,
I don;t think this one does but I'll check tomorrow. Helena you may be right about # 3 bloom being Plum Surprise, I don;t even remember planting one in the tub but
I could have.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, most of Plum Surprise blooms varied from each other but had a Fuji cross too.
Blue purple star blzd
Dany's Peach
Bluespiral's
Gray
Fuji no Momo?

Gautier, MS

This stuff about pressing lightly is frustrating me. See if I can do it lightly.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, love your pretty Blue Purple Star bliz and the gorgeous'Pink
Fuji no Momo. Nice gray too.
I can;t id my blue mg next to a purple that might be Plum surprise.
Blue one reminds me of Blue Tie Dye somewhat. I've got to try and
tag it so I can note what it looked like.
Don't know how I can have so many surprises in the big tub
Still waiting on Rosita and Black King
Maybe 1 is Plum Surprise, maybe not I don;t know anymore
# 2 might be the bloom I was calling unknown blue a few days ago??
Debs pink
This looks like it has a white color block
This mushroom is separate from the mushrooms in following pics, growing away from the'others.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2018 1:05 PM

A few more
Helena's pretty Pink on Pink
Blue TDye not
Spec mg # 2
Mushroom with ds's hand for comparison
and last one veil showing underneath

Purple blue on carport
Patch of 5 or 6 mushrooms.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glories ladies. Love the mushrooms too.

Gautier, MS

Wow, beautiful blooms Jackie! Love the blue purples ones, partial to the pinks too. But all are nice. Those mushrooms are huge and neat too. I know that at least the box turtles eat mushrooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.