Summer officially begins this week. What are you going to do?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 11 votes:

Enjoy long evenings outdoors
(2 votes, 18%)
Red dot

More time to hike, fish or swim
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Plan a trip (where are you going?)
(1 votes, 9%)
Red dot

I have a project that I want to finish this summer. (what is it?)
(5 votes, 45%)
Red dot

Harvest my veggies and preserve them for the winter.
(1 votes, 9%)
Red dot

Other? (tell us)
(2 votes, 18%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Enjoy my gardens, feed the birds, and spend a lot of time on the deck.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

We're doing reno's - new roof (to match the other 50% new roof on the back of our home) on the front 50% of our home, reno bathroom to replace reg tub with a jetted one, new insulation & siding on the west side, reno the bedroom closet, replace front window with a picture window, replace side window with a new one, replace flooring in bathroom & hallway & kitchen.
Yeah, good weather is expected, so we have to get busy on necessary repairs. Pipes were freezing between the walls for last 2 years, and we need a new roof for insulation factor (back half was a great idea, plus it was peaking the roof, not a replacement - front will be the same, new roof over old tin roof).

Mid Gulf Coast, TX(Zone 9b)

I live in South Texas....I plan to sit in my rocking chair on the back porch with a big glass of lemonade and watch the critters wander through to get a drink from the pond.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Could have voted on all the points,
. Planning a trip to Las Vegas and California coast
. Sit and enjoy my gardens in the 3vening
. Have several hide always in the yard to design and redesign

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Finally get rock down to use as ground cover in part of our back yard. Debated about bark but with the winds we get & all the leaves in the fall, bark wasn't practical. I am hoping it makes things look neater AND reduces weeding. Some of the border is over 12 feet wide.

Palm Springs, CA

I am going to work in my garden!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Pat last year I put loads of mulch down to rid myself of weeds, didn’t work so this year set strips of heavy plastic down and didn’t have to worry. I buy black so that it looks like rich black soil

Your rock might be an idea for the pathway into back garden, on each side of the goats beard that forms an arch it’s the most walked area thus hard to grow grass and keep it lush...what is it called and how do you contain it where you want it?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Long story but Ben got talked into rainbow rock at $150 per yard!!! I could have fainted. Not sure yet what I'll do completely yet.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Big sigh Pat, Ben just wants you to be happy in your garden..thought you were in back yard doing changes to garden design?

I cut so many 6-8ft tree saplings this morning, susan reminding me that somewhere in the back yard was Dave’s garden friend’s mileage post, couldn’t see it at all so down they came..I’ve a fire pit just wanting to be burnt..I have the marshmallows lol

Wellesley, MA

Ohh I have got many plans for this summer! Firstly, I want to plant new fruit trees in my garden. My mom cleaned our garden a few weeks ago, so we need to plant there new ones! My boyfriend also was thinking about renovating well, so for sure I am going to help him. This will be workfull summer!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Even the beach is too hot in the summer here in FL. We mostly just relax under our shady oaks and point the fans at us and enjoy the garden with a nice cool drink. A trip or two the the ice cold blue springs near by for a cool off.

Bettypause, what a pretty garden you have.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thank you Sunkissed, justacorner of all the gardens, they surekeep me out of mischief,,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.