June Weather 2018 - Are you Sweating yet?

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Poured for hours last night, till the sun went down, so no sitting outside.
Same old today, 91/73 40% chance rain later on.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

82 cloudy , currently sprinkling rain , Heat index and humidity make it like 92 degrees Whew ,, phew ,, or is that P ,,,,U ,,,,,

it's a polar bear Zinnia

Thumbnail by juhur7
Bartow, FL

Hi everyone
I'm Tina
Today it is 90 degrees and some thunder showers here and there.
Worked little cleaning up outside from hurricane still. But now inside and getting ready to work on worm bin.

LOL...Ju ☺

Hi Tina, Welcome, You're not too far from me, I've only driven through Bartow a few times.

It rained again late last night so a drippy humid morning. 90/72 and 40% chance of rain.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

High seventies and sunny, slight breeze. Rather unfortunate humidity. Spent the morning with one crew shoveling composted manure, and we'll have a second crew get-together this evening to try to finish digging our pond. Home-made pizza to all helpers!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Finally getting a break from the rain. Got most of our plants in the ground. Working on hot peppers this afternoon. That will be all we can do until bottom fields dry out.
70 Degrees, sun starting to come out.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mid 80's and mostly sunny , Chances of rain ,
Next five days are saying 90's

Mid eighties here, too. Still humid, but didn't rain last night after a smattering of drops yesterday evening, so the pond I just dug didn't wash away. Yet.

Pulled some sweet potato starts from tubers I only set aside on the off chance. A friend of my dad's who is as much into gardening as I am gave me a bunch of crocosmia. Beautiful as they are, I don't have the right kind of space at the moment, so they'll go in a friend's garden.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2018 12:17 PM

Summerstorm, re-gifting is very nice.

Low 90's here again...didn't rain here yesterday, but did all around us.

Spanish moss on Live Oaks, on my morning walk yesterday.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

69* hi of 71* expected, 60% humidity, 11 mph sw breeze. Still in lower California, today the hurricane dropped our temps, but we have clouds is only difference

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Nic the Spanish Moss , brings to mind cool air breeze and swampy places , Things like snakes and Mosquitoes and crocodiles

91 , sunny , extreme humidity , dew point way over comfy .

Gators here, the Crocs in south FL, although I can't tell the diff, they both have big teeth. ;-)
Again last night the rain and thunder all around but missed us, today an 80% chance of rain, after we get to low 90's. Clear now.

Oh, and Happy Father's Day! Bumble bees on my Passion Vine

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Already 78.8º. Humidity about 150%. Ugh!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Dew points way over 70 , Sun and possible thundershowers , Forecast says it is 92 my thermometer in dappled shade says this:

Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

91.7º on my thermometer. HOT!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It is raining very lightly here trying to brew up a storm ,, Steam City in these temperatures

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

70*, 9mph western breeze, 49% humidity. I am cold, well, when I am not in the sun anyway. Agapanthus in full blooms with the jacaranda mimosas...

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt ,pretty !!!

Same as yesterday , broiling ..

N-ninety... five... degrees. Geh. And ground-level ozone, too, according to the Weather-bug air quality alert. Not a good day for gardening. Still, we brought in the first round of cucumbers... All five of them, but a good size anyway, and the plants are threatening to outgrow their trellis. We spent the morning trying to extend the height.

Well at least the veggies love the heat.

I was on the road yesterday, Jeep thermometer said it was 94F. House shows the high here was 89F. Not a drop of rain, and only 7% today.
Feels cooler this morn though, so going for a walk.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Just as hot in the sun today. Not a cloud in sight and no breeze. Taking a 2.5 gal water jug with me into the garden to keep myself and my helping hands hydrated, and contemplating rigging a tarp as an awning for some shade. Maybe a shop fan...?

I don't mean to whine, but can't we get some of that rain the forecast keeps promising? We keep seeing 'Lightning Likely Today!' and 'Chance of Thunderstorms, 30%'. But, it hasn't rained in so long that I watered my garden for the third time this month this morning... Last year, I never watered at all for the whole season.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

98 degrees and high dew points , a few sprinkles this morning early Swamp feeling here

Bartow, FL

Quote from sunkissed :
LOL...Ju ☺

Hi Tina, Welcome, You're not too far from me, I've only driven through Bartow a few times.

Sunkissed wow a neighbor. Nice to meet you. It's lonely here.

It's 90 degrees and high expected of 93. Humid of course.
Need rain. I'm doing most gardening in my indoor plant room which I try to maintain a cool temperature.
Put some pictures of my aquaponics hydroponic plant room in here
Have great day everyone

Thumbnail by success_gal Thumbnail by success_gal Thumbnail by success_gal
Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hello from NH
We have had only one day in the 90's - but in my town we only got up to 86* with t-storms and humidity....that was Monday. Today was 76* and right now it's only 61* with 62% humidity. My flowers have been doing well but drying out as we hadn't had rain in weeks.....yesterday's storms helped replenish and refresh the gardens.

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32

Wow, Tina that is some set up, what you growing?
Welcome AliKat, beautiful garden you have, glad you got some rain, looks like it brought some nice temps with it.

It's just HOT here, I miss those thunderclouds, might get some rain today a 60% chance, high 94F.

My carmometer yesterday after sitting in the sun at my Pop's house. Sad thing it only cooled down to 96 when I got on the road. ugh.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi all rained all night last night here , cooled bac down to 68 degrees this morning early ,
82 and mostly sunny now .

Sounds nice Ju.

It did pour rain for a good couple hours last evening, just as we were going out to dinner with my son, got a bit wet.
Humid this AM, mostly cloudy, already 77F, 70% chance of more rain today.

Bromeliad blooming

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Midsummer. Rained here, too, but didn't cool down much. Currently high eighties, high humidity. At least it's overcast today.

The cicadas are making a racket. Our cucumbers are starting to really pick up, and we're seeing blooms from the sunflowers, zinnias, hostas and liatris. Blueberries are just about ripe. The bamboo looks amazing in this light. I don't think this picture at all does justice to the softness of the light and the way the leaves seem to be glowing.

Thumbnail by SummerStorm93
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain gauge said 2.7" for last 24 hours. Been raining all week. No fields have been sprayed for weeds. Corn is turning yellow. We've had rain 12 days in June. 9.6" for June, 15.5" since May 1.
65º

Bartow, FL

Hi everyone
It's 84 degrees today. way better than the 90 of yesterday.
It might rain there is a 51% chance and it kinda looks like it wants to..

I have to get ready to change all the fish aquaponics tanks water today which takes me several hours. And I have to clean bomber the oscar's water too.

Have great day

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

our high today 75 degrees .. rainy and overcast , Rained lightly all night last night ,
Not getting much done outdoors but the seedlings love it ,

pretty pix , Green and flowers ,,sigh ,,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Welcome aboard all! Where did Kelli go? Still in lower Cali, listening to Texas gullywashers hit Brownsville, MacAllen, Falfurrias...(14").
82*, 49% humidity, 10mph west breeze. Not a drop of rain here.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt Kelli said she let her subscription expire ,said farewell some weeks ago ,
Was sorry to see her go ,

Here today
Anemone

Thumbnail by juhur7

Kelli is missed.

It rained almost all day yesterday, some heavy wicked kind of rain, this morning so humid outside the windows in house are fogged up.

High, 91 today, 50-70% chance of more afternoon rain.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

74 degrees heavy rain ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I had forgotten that, she is missed. wow Mn, thats a LOT of rain! Cali doesnt chanj much. 77* down to 60* tonite. 80% humidity last nite is 52% humidity now, 12 mph light sw breeze, lots of sun

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

cloudy , humid day past ,74 the high , cool and damp and muggy

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Partly sunny. 68º

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

about that here ..84 and sunny for today , 63 tonight

purple Echincea about 5ft tall

Thumbnail by juhur7

Pretty Ju. Weather sounds a bit more comfy for you and CG.

Today high of 90, a 80% chance of afternoon storms. Not so muggy this morn for some reason, I actually had my fist cup of Joe outside, with a fan of course. ;-)

Photo of sunrise at Neptune beach near Jacksonville FL...it was much hotter there this past weekend than here at home..

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.