Morning Glories 2018 #06

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Pretty blooms Debra, sorry to hear that you haven't had a rose silk seed to grow. My vine had 7 blooms this morning.
Pretty blooms too Jackie, Count Dracula will always be special.
Linda, you just have to keep trying on growing mgs in Tx's heat extra water and a bit of shade would probably would do.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Helena. We don't have much shade here.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Debra and Helena.
Beautiful Rose Silk blooms.

Linda, I wonder if you could put up a shade cloth on a couple of small
dowel rods to block some of the sun?,

This message was edited May 22, 2018 4:27 PM

I wish I could. Our ya4d is wide open. With a few trees in the back yard on the fence line. Only the dogs go back there.

Gautier, MS

Only 3 blooms today. A plain rose silk, a rose silk with specks here and there and a nice size Black King.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Sunset, LA

Here in Louisiana, I have to grow the Japanese Morning Glories almost completely out of the sun in the dappled shade of the oaks. Even an hour in direct sun will wilt the leaves, but they bounce back if it wasn't too long and they aren't dry. Fuji no Au is going crazy this morning.

Beautiful Chocolates (wow they are prolific!) and Black King, love the Plum Tie Dye and of course the unusual Count Drac.

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch
Sunset, LA

Some blooms from the last couple of days. Fuji No Au heard the comment about 6+ spokes and threw out a couple of monsters.

#1 Fuji no Au
#2 Fuji no Au
#3 Bluji Fade
#4 Celeste offspring
#5 ?

Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch Thumbnail by CatalystSwitch

Helena, love the Rose Silk with specks and the beautiful Black King. So excited, I've
got 2 Black King vines started, !st time for me to grow it
Thanks Cat. Love your blooms and all the hard work it must have took to fill and'grow the large tubs pf mg's. The bluji.fade reminds me of Fuji no Monet and I've had
similar blooms to your # 5 above, looking fairly close to no Monet without being.the
same. Love pretty no Au

Gautier, MS

Thanks Cat and Jackie. I have other vines but only two have buds on them.

I like your growing area Cat. Your vines look great and your blooms are beautiful. I haven't grown Fiji no Ao in ages, when I grew mine it was a bit diluted. I agree with Jackie, Bluji fade does resemble Fuji no Monet. # 4 colors are nice maybe a bit like murasaki? Really nice to see all your blooms.

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
Only my milky way cross bloom today. Love seeing nature at work, geese family on way to taking my youngest to school. Really like the color of Porter weed and my latest addition of roses.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I totally agree with Linda... Everyone has beautiful blooms going on!

Helena, I love the geese pics. Lovely purp bloom and porterweed
in purple.

I love all your photos Helena. I have never seen a porter weed.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. The porterweed is a hummingbird plant. It comes in red, lavender, and pink. I have another one that hasn't bloomed yet. Actually had the pink and red at one time a few years back.

I will have to look for them.

Gautier, MS

My 2 bloom today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I love the purple, so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.

I just looked on www.almostedenplants.com for the porterweed, vervain plants.
I've bought from them before several times. Wish I hadn't planted my pink one in ground last year that's why i lost it, it got too cold I guess. But just to show you pics, you can go to their hummingbird plants section.

This message was edited May 25, 2018 9:55 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your Black King is lovely Helena and I am crazy about the patterned bloom
right after BK. . Whats it's name ?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, that's "my tie dye" vine from my winter growing still giving me a bloom every so often. I may have another one that I started, like the blooms cause they always change a bit. I did collect seeds from the other vine, that one is finished.

The tie dyes are so pretty, no wonder they are my favorites along
with the silks and Fuji's..I'm trying to plant a couple more Pink TDyes and Purple TDyes.
I have one going marked Blue TDye but I don;t think it is.
Right now, I;m fighting the blister bacteria that's been attacking my pandy the last 5 yrs,
The rain showers every day is making it difficult.

This message was edited May 26, 2018 2:43 AM

Gautier, MS

Jackie, glad you are planting the TDyes, I like them too. Sorry to hear your blister bacteria on your pandy. The leaves on mine never look good either. We are getting rain here too.
My blooms from this morning. My fav this morning rose silk chocolate with stripes.
Black King
Dany's purple and stripes
Last 2 rose silk

Helena, those are so pretty.

All your blooms are beautiful this morning Helena. But I like the Rose/Choc Silk
with stripes the best too. Lovely with all the white, very unusual.

Oh Helena, I LOVE the porter weed. Tried growing it from seeds you sent, no luck. It is so Pretty!
Love your BK and the second bloom with it.
No MGS yet, lots of other things in the meantime..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Pretty blooms Debra, Is the 4th one a camellia? Love the
yellow Iris

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Pretty blooms Debra. I bought a seedling that is copper color like your first bloom, which I can't remember the name. For the price I should have colon a more mature plant. Sorry porter weed take, I know cuttings do. I'm going try that later in the season when my plants along with seeds.
Jackie, I think Debra's #4 bloom is a neat rose. Love all plants.
I missed a dark bloom from blue silk yesterday, but has 2 buds for tomorrow.
Only rose silk blooms today and wild blue dawn with not true color on pic??

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Monroe, GA

After looking at all the beautiful photos here, I'm wondering where is the best place to buy Morning Glory vines?

Graceful Acres, We don;t usually buy the vines, we purchase seeds. They are easy to start from seeds each spring or summer just takes a while to get blooms., could be over 2 months till bloom. Seeds are
available from Ebay, JL Hudson Seedsman carries a good selection of Ipomoea's
(morning glories) just google jl hudson seeds Ona lee has a site onalee.com.
Hers are good sds just a little pricey.

Helena, I missed your post with the pretty blooms. Love the indica. My eyes getting so bad,
i couldn;t tell her 4th pic was a Rose. Beautiful color on it.
Don;t understand why when I click on take me to the new posts, it didn;t bring up yours Helena, very strange and it happens to me quite often. smh

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I don't see that well without my glasses.

Todays blooms. Really like this dark bloom, may have had the wrong label on it.

Breasutiful blooms Helena.Pretty purple with her lacy blooms and your Choc has a nice shape too.

I agree! Love the purples, you know I am a blue and purple lover of Morning glorys.. :D

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Glad some of my rose silks are still going strong.
Two different vines of purple tie dye with different blooms too.

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil(Zone 12a)

Anyone could help me here? TIA

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1476598/

Monroe, GA

Thank you, Patootie. I'll take a look and see if I can find me some seeds.

Helena, absolutely beautiful Purple Tie Dyes this morning. I hope I started 1 or 2.

Graceful Acres be sure and check the seed rack at Wal-Mart. I noticed mine had one of the double varieties of Ip nil last week, Sunrise Serenade. I could send you a few pkts of seeds this fall.out of my stash. Right now I;lm so behind trying to get mine started, I just don;t have the time..You can start the ones I send next year.

Dreamfrutus, I replied to your post at the id forum.

This message was edited May 29, 2018 12:12 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.