This year, I resolve to...

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 18 votes:

Prune and deadhead more to keep my garden neat.
(3 votes, 16%)
Red dot

Plant a vegetable garden.
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Limit my pesticide use to encourage pollinators.
(1 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Add a new feature to my garden. (tell us!)
(1 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Downsize (things are almost unmanageable)
(3 votes, 16%)
Red dot

Add more beds or containers. I want to see my garden grow!
(4 votes, 22%)
Red dot

Take more time to stop and enjoy my garden.
(6 votes, 33%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I'd very much like to spend more time tiptoeing through the tomatoes. Our primary garden is veggie-centric and 85 miles north of our Atlanta home. We spend eight months of the year doing a back and forth thing since it's not possible to have a food production garden in the middle of the city. The garden is exhilarating come early season, rewarding in mid-season and exasperating, as well as exhausting, at end of season. First is the vision-based fantasy coupled with seed starting and lots of hard work. Next comes a tiny pristine taste of perfection and things to come. But lastly there is that battle to the death between us and the bugs, deer, rabbits, raccoons, field mice and possums. Add in a healthy dash of weather and diseases. It's the proverbial win/win. We all get something. When the fruits (and vegetables) of the labor are in the can, the freezer or dried for storage, and we intimately know so much about what we eat, it all seems worthwhile. The caveat is the volume of beans and seeds needing to be labeled and stored for, what seems like no time at all, and then the cycle starts again.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Sorry to double post. The first was long enough. It did not initially show.

This message was edited Jan 1, 2018 7:02 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Never enough time in the yard.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.