Jan 2018 weather.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 75F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 75F today. No rain in the 10-day. January should not be this hot and dry.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

25*, there is another light drizzle falling outside, but it is not rain. Tiny tiny ice pellets, 1/10th of an inch accumulated on everything now.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

6 degrees maybe minus 4 tonight , Wind is atrocious ..

It got up to 73F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 79F.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Sunny and 69F at 2:45PM, they say all the way down to 32 for a few hours by dawn, sure doesn't feel like it now...but it happens. No rain expected with this front.

28F this morning....brrr, you can roll your eyes but this is way too cold for Florida..LOL.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Our overnight low was 24 F. Now 37 & going up. Sunny, too.

It got up to 80F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 77F today. No rain in the 10-day. It is working really hard at being the driest year on official record.

Just to show how undependable the winter weather is, here are some pictures. The first was taken on January 17, 2012. The second was taken on January 13, 2018. They are not taken in the exact same place, but they are in the same climate regime. Winter plant growth would be at the same stage in both places.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30's and sunny today .

Kelli looks nice ,!!!

32F this morning, but should be warming back up to 64F today. Sunny.

That is sad Kelli, hearing about the mudslides over there from all the fires. Although both pictures still show beauty. I could post the same of my garden, last Jan. green and lush with flowers, this year all brown frost burned. ugh.

It got up to 77F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 61F today!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40 plus this past day , cloudy and gray

It got up to 59F yesterday. It was nice for hiking and there was no wind, at least not when we were out. They are calling for a high today of 64F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50 degrees here , fog , light rain ,,,

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

Blizzard outside today. We have a day off from school. 26 degrees

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Snow storm checked in about 6 AM.
All schools closed in southern Minn.
Stay in house day!

Snow Day! Kids here get fire days and earthquake days. Kind of menacing, but not frequent. There hasn't been an earthquake day around here since 1994, knock on wood.

It got up to 63F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 69F today. Zero chance of rain in the 10-day forecast.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

53 and rain here

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We ended up with 13" of snow. Now ready to plow put.
19 degrees.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

They have school closings for Hurricanes here.

Breezy and light rain this AM, high 76. low tonight 54.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

It got up to 68F yesterday. They are calling for a high to day of 74F. There is a remote chance of an imperceptibly small amount of rain Wednesday night.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I come to Cali and it cools off and a Santa Ana blows. 40's last nite

It got up to 73F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 74F today.

Hope you're enjoying your visit with your Dad, Kitt.

49F this Morning, up to 69 today, sunny.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I am, tho the 42* nights have them grabbing blankets and trying to put sox on me! I think it is supposed to do like Kelli's area here in Escondido

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30's mostly . snow to rain, rain to snow . About 1/2 inch of snow on the ground now . I don't enjoy this weather .. it is better than zero though ,

It got up to 61F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 68F. Yay! No rain in the 10 day. Boo!

It is supposed to get hot next week. (Boo!) I don't know if the rest of you will get very cold like in the last go-around.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Hi all! Glad to see you're all still here. 50 F now with morning showers and clearing by noon with high around 56 F. Not bad! Enjoy your Saturday. XD

It got up to 66F yesterday. The past couple days were interesting. I did not spend any portion of the time being too hot. They are calling for a high of 73F. There is a wind advisory for tonight and tomorrow.

It got up to 72F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 81F today. There is a wind advisory with gusts up to 60 mph. That is not particularly unusual. No rain in the 10-day, as usual.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

32 the high 20 for tonight ,, cold return light snow , The rest you probably know .

46F this morn, high today 64 sunny, low tonight 42. Had a good amount of much needed rain through the night Sunday, rain barrel is full again.

daytime moon

Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 83F. It got up to 82F yesterday. So far, it isn't windy.

It got up to 80F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 82F today. It will be hot for the next 10 days and there is zero chance of rain. This is not typical weather at all. We've had very few 'average' days this year.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

After a lunar eclipse this morning, we are now sunny & 30 degrees. Going down to zero tonight.
Eclipse didn't last long enough here to see the red. It was below the horizon before that happened. Was a bright moon, though.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30's here mostly , got sunshine today . last night and early morning wind was vicious

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Moving on to Feb.
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1468626/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.