Jan 2018 weather.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy New Year.
Wishing all a prosperous year.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Happy New Year ,, today's high 3 degrees tonight's forecast low minus 10 ,
Minus 8 degrees earlier . phsssst !!!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 71F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 75F. There is a fairly small chance of a trace of rain within the next ten days.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

At least your links worked here! Back Porch isn't forming links.
We are setting records tonite with temps. Just thinking how cold it is freezes me. Happy New Year everyone!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

- 12 , 11 . 2 ... yeah well ,,

It got up to 75F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 79F today. Don't worry. I'll pay for it in the summer - and spring, and fall.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Chuckl, even Fl is freezing, poor Kelli, the 50's are a lot cooler than 90's in Calif.
Setting record lows, like Ju, due for 22* tonite, but no precip. water hoses dripping

CG, many many thanx for the links!

This message was edited Jan 2, 2018 7:40 PM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

10 now 18 and 1 the forecast Heat wave joke goes here ?

It got up to 82F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 75F. I would appreciate some seasonal weather - something called rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

18 degrees and snowing here

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

31F this morning, it snowed pretty good in the north part of Florida yesterday, don't think I've ever seen that hard of a snow in my 40 years of living in FL.
Today's high 50...tonight 31.
Porch, garage and greenhouse packed full of plants....been many years since we have dipped to freezing.

They say it only got up to 66F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 73F today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

5 below zero snow forecast for this coming weekend ,

It got up to 75F yesterday. Today they are calling for a high of 73F. Those are about 10 degrees above average. I don't want to jinx myself, but it might rain Monday night/Tuesday morning.

33F this morn, sunny high of 58, that will be much nicer, tonight isn't supposed to go below 40.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Minus 9 overnight , Minus 5 now ,,

39F the lowest overnight, seems to be warming quicker as sun rises. Sunny high 64 today. I'm putting the plants back outside today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

16 now 31 later ,, 28 tonight ,, nearer usual ,,

It got up to 75F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 62F! We are supposed to get 2 inches of rain today. So far we have got 0.01 inch. The sun will be coming up soon and that negates all chance of rain unless it is a whopper storm. It is discouraging. At least you know that it will warm up eventually.

I thought CG might find this a little interesting. I think it is broccoli.

Thumbnail by Kelli

I thought maybe any of you would find this interesting. This is where the Thomas Fire (the big one) burned behind the town of Fillmore. The orchards in the middle ground in the third picture are probably orange or avocado. I don't know what is in the foreground. The air here still had that old fireplace smell. Everything is so dry that it doesn't look very dramatic, but those mountains should be olive green and brown.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2018 8:49 AM

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli

This is regarding where the Thomas Fire burned near the town of Carpinteria.

The mountains in the background of the first picture burned. In the second picture, the dirt on the plant is ash. (The signboards in the nature park were so covered with ash that they were hard to read.) The third picture shows how the waves are washing in ash instead of foam. You can see the burned mountains in the background of the fourth picture. (The birds are Caspian terns.)

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Fire is frightful that way , nice photos and thank you for sharing that with us ,,

35 degrees and feels like spring here ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Finally got back above zero. Hit 35 yesterday, 36 already today. Thursday back to winter. Forecast high is 15.
Possible broccoli, maybe collards.

They are calling for a high of 56F today. We got 1.2 inches of rain counting what we got yesterday. Weather Underground is acting possessed so I don't know what yesterday's high was.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30 now , 38 for today , 50'sand rain forecast the next few days , then back to zero ,,

It got up to 57F yesterday and we got 2.15 inches of rain with the whole system. They are calling for a high today of 65F.

Glad you got some rain, Kelli.
Light off and on rain here today, sun trying to come out. it is 66F now, will go up to maybe 70 if sun comes out.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli any rain where you are ,is a good rain ,,

45 degrees , light rain , lots of melting snow and ice

It got up to 73F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 79F today.

69F muggy warm this morning, up to high 70's Breezy, cold front coming in tomorrow. Nice sunset last night. My poor old Oak lost a lot of branches when we had the hurricane last summer.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

37*, bright sun, 15mph winds makes the feel like at 22*. Winds hit abt 4pm 20mph and the 70* started plummeting.
Ashes can be good for soils, but I still can hear the damage counting.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

20 degrees temperatures falling , 9 tomorrow morning ? snowing ice like , wind blowing storm like ,,

57 this morn, cloudy turning to sun later on, 39F low tonight.

Poinsettias getting bigger flowers now. Purple Oxalis and purple firespike doesn't mind the cold at all. Brug leaves froze but flowers still prevail.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

20 degrees , after a sunny morning , that was very cold , it is cloudy and snowing ,
Sun , the tropics look lovely ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Sunny, made it to 48* with a lesser wind, so I burned the smilax, yaupons, and windfall branches. Will reach 30* tonite they tell me. Ju, weather like yours makes my cold start to come back!

Still dry and stale and hot.

This message was edited Jan 14, 2018 9:07 AM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt only gives me cold feet Sun glaring off the snow is good for headaches ,,

16 degrees sunny , snow covered ...

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Snow all afternoon here. Now wind has picked up & blowing snow around.
Vikings owned the first half 17 to 0. With 10 seconds left NO were ahead 24 to 23.
Our QB threw a pass, Diggs caught it & ran into end zone with 0 on the clock. I was at the Legion Club watching it. Place went nuts. Can only imagine what the big bars with hundreds of people in them sounded like. Great day in Minnesota.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

25 degrees , flurries

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nasty cold here. Zero degrees & wicked NW wind. Wind chill around -25 degrees.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.