Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1460155

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.
Love that beautiful pink morning glory.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

I'll pass on the offer for those seeds Debra, thanks I also have too many to sow and just looking for particular ones.

Gypsy Bride with another bloom, didn't make a seed pod with first bloom :(
So I got the rest of the seedlings direct into bigger pots so I won't have to mess with them again. It will be up to them to grow or not. Pic of my pretty salvia.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Love your blooms this morning Helena. Fantastic Gypsy Bride with
the lite blue dots. I hope it makes sds for you, I would love to try a couple.
Beautiful Salvia guaranatica? and pretty blue purp.

A few Purple Stars open today, it's made a ton of blooms but only a few seeds.
Saz
Plum Surprise

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.

Love your beautiful blooms. It's always like that Jackie, the rare and special blooms never want to makes lots of seeds. But a few is all we need!

Helena and Jackie, your blooms are so pretty.

Why is it, that some seem to seed by them self, while others must be pollinated?

Gautier, MS

Linda, a lot of blooms have been crossed maybe too often, also many have low pollen or no pollen at all so crossing is needed by hand pollinated. That's the little I know.
Only blooms for today, hope they're not blurry.

Figures, I did choose 2 blurry ones! Cuz didn't get a chance to check like I normally do.

This message was edited Oct 20, 2017 10:43 AM

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Linda, I agree with Helena re the low fertility of some mg's.
Beautiful blooms Helena even if they are just a little blurry, we can still see how pretty they are.
I;m going out right now to see if I can try for a few more sds from Purple Star.
His/her blooms staying open for days (in the cooler weather) and an unbelievable bloomer all summer.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Well I dfidn;t get to go out and pollinate as it turned out., my'little
chihuahua had a horrible episode in the front yard .Rushed him to the vet and he had an inoperable tumor that was huge and attached to other organs. If the
after hours vet clinic we took him to in July had seen the tumor on their exray,
our vet could have saved him then. but she didn;t and it cost me my little Peanut

Look what I scored at Home Depot a few days ago. A pretty Curcuma marked down to 4.98, a ginger. This is a large plant
Don;t know why this purp looks like it has 2 colors., maybe a 2 day bloom
Purple star

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

I'm so sorry for your loss Jackie. I'm sad for you. Hope you feel better.

All your blooms are very pretty, Purple Star has been awesome.

Thanks Helena. I;lm coping a little better today. Our peanut was hurting and
we didn;t want that. He was our sweet little baby but we had to do the right thing,.
Purple Star was special, glad I got us a few sds.

Gautier, MS

Glad you feel a bit better Jackie.
It's raining here so the plants outside will get a good soaking. I've pulled up some indica vines that started to spread all over the back yard so one decided to bloom this morning. The bloom was a lot darger than the pic shows. Still getting a few from other purpureas.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely indica Helena and I really like the dark blue purps.
Wish my pink purps had turned out darker and prettier.
Oh well there's always next year.
Purple star yesterday and
My Special mg still pretty even tho it was very lite.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, I am so sorry to hear about your dog.
Glad you got a deal on that plant.
Beautiful blooms ladies.

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I think I'm going to have volunteers next year cuz I'm not collecting all seeds. We had a lot of rain today, hope they don't sprout.
Beautiful blooms, both are really nice. Enjoyed getting to see how well they did for you.

Thanks Helena, Makes me sad mine are just about thru. I need time to get some things done so maybe a good thing our growing season doesn;t last all yr long..

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Jackie I am so sorry about Peanut. I can't imagine how upset you must feel. I am sorry I was lost! Beautiful blooms by you all and love the colors of the Salvia and that cute Ginger. Trying to get things in. I don't know why I do this to myself, if I died tonight there would be a hard time for Joe and Kids with all these plants and seeds everywhere you turn. Even Oona has been pretty excited, she goes down there and finds the yukky crawlers for me. I found a whole alley of Orange Noah's and blue and purple purps yesterday, didn't have my camera, was so pretty. It's gonna freeze Friday and Saturday. Spanish Flag is so pretty right now, it is really showing off. Last blooms of the year make me so sad.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Debra, Coming to grips with it..We still have a lot of grieving to get thru.

We could have a freeze tomorrow nite and surely by this weekend.
I've got just 3 or 4 plants to get in and just a few mg's still setting sds.

Love your blooms especially that beauty on the end,.

Debra, those are beautiful blooms.
Hard to believe it is frost time already. We are getting down to 50's at night, but no frost yet here.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra, love the color of your purpureas.

It's very cool mornings here. I took this pictures yesterday just didn't get a chance to post. Don't know why indica just now putting some blooms. Haven't checked today probably won't have any. Salvia Mexicana and other salvias are blooming nicely though.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I have seeds from the bloom on the end. Those originally came from Becky. Mauve splash. is what they're tagged. I'll save you some.

Gautier, MS

I took a walk around and surprised to see a few blooms. I need to get the rest of tropical plants into gh before it gets too cold. Last pic a salvia.

Helena, those blooms are stunning.

Thanks Debra. It looks like a purple/dark lavender in your pic, so pretty.

Gorgeous indica Helena. Is that a white hige just above, it looks like a powdery blue,
a lovely bloom.
Love that S guaranatica.

Hi everyone. Today was half price movie day so we went, braved the wind, me with three shirts on and a jacket! BRRRR Joe managed to get three more of the giants that were in huge pots into the garage, tomorrow we are digging up the brugs and the other few things left, and we are throwing a blanket around the oleander and the heirloom tomatoes that are just now starting to turn.Managed to get a few shots of some more blooms.. Love the dark blue on your purp, Helena and u know I am a salvia nut. Just didn't get the blue to come back this year. I love seeing yours.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Love your blooms Debra especially that beautiful Mina lobata

I have scratched my cornea out repotting plants in the back yard with wind gusts
up to 35 miles an hour or more. I'm a strong old lady but I cried for hours with the pain
The eye dr only gave me an ointment antibiotic, no pain meds, shame on him
Finally my DD found an old bottle of pain med from my surgery earlier in the yr
and it finally brought me some relief, Took over 2 hours to even touch the pain.
I can;t believe he said I had to hurt for the healing to begin what ????.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Pretty blooms Debra, love your lobate too. It was a late bloomer for me too, ages ago when I grew it.
Hope you feel better Jackie. I think some doctors have no mercy when it comes to pain. Glad your DD found the old bottle of pain med.

WOW! Sorry you hurt your eye. Praying it is a bit better today.

Debra, those are beautiful blooms.

I hate the way doctors are treating all of us that are actually IN PAIN as if we are part of the OPOID problem. I had a meltdown this morning when Joe was helping me undo the Oleander and the plastic tub broke, and then he said what do you want me to do with all of this stuff? I hate getting ready for winter, I am looking with floaters out of my left eye, my back , side and elbows are throbbing and he wanted to get this stuff done before the freeze. Bless him for the thought of saving stuff, but I am so close to saying forget it all. I wish I could send you some eye drops,Jackie but I wont get anymore until I go back for more eye lazering. Shame on that doctor.

Thanks Helena and Linda. It is better today thank goodness.
I just need to get eye drops instead of the eye cream. For now the pain has'stopped
and I;m so glad.,

Debra, sorry didn;t see your thoughtful msg until this morning. .Sorry too you are having so many problems
Sometimes I think I;m going to have to give it up too.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2017 11:43 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I'm glad you feel better , Jackie. I wish things were better for you. Beautiful Flower pics. I'm glad we can SEE them! I didn't mean to do so much complaining about myself. Sorry.

Debra, I didn;t mean to complain either. This was just so bad, I am
traumatized today. smh

Beautiful photos Jackie. I am glad you are better today.

Debra, never say you are sorry for complaining. We are always here if you need to rant.
I too wish the Dr.s could do more for our aches and pains, with out us jumping through hoops for the pain meds.

Thanks Linda.
Yes they're making it much more difficult to get pain meds now. I;m lucky, I go for months even yrs without needing pain pills. I feel for the people who have a hard time getting their much needed meds..

I cut off the growing vines from the pots to the wires. Got them ready to come in and finish out their blooming. I have several pods from several vines that I never saw bloom. Will mark those "who knows" LOL That two weeks turned a lot into pods, wished I knew what they looked like. Son said he did not see half of them. Oh Well, surprises are nice. Everything is in the garage or the basement or the dining room or living room now. Some of the things still need actually potted up. some of the stuff needs packed down with more potting soil etc etc, garage is in it's second bug bombing mode. Gas Mask! from before vacation>>> may be repeats I have posted before.. these were the first to bloom August 12, 2017.Pandy and Arch on south end patio.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Jackie.

Pretty blooms Debra, love that 3rd one!

Had two blooms on purpurea vine yesterday that I didn't get to post. Have turned heat on at 5:30 am for the first time this fall.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

That is a lot of work Debra. What we do to save our plants.

Beautiful blooms ladies.

pretty blues, Helena. I been feeling the Blues, so thanks for the eye candy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.