My morning glories are not glorious !

Mount Juliet, TN

I planted these "heavenly blue" morning glories back in May and there were a couple of flowers about 2 ft. off the ground but not one since. I've read not to fertilize so I didn't but all I have is leaves without any blooms. Should I at least use a bloom booster? It's heading towards fall and I'm afraid they'll just die out. Any ideas what's causing this? Oh, and they get about 6 hours of full sun daily. Thanks

Thumbnail by maggienh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Maggie lets see what Helena says. she fertilizes her vines. Since yours is not doing anything I would say go for it and give it some bloom booster. Your vine looks very healthy but its blooms we/you want. :-) Don;t over do the fertilizing, could burn your vines up.

Mount Juliet, TN

I will try and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Mount Juliet, TN

Here is 3 weeks later after a shot of bloom booster. I have NEVER had that flowers start to appear in mid October ever before, 5 months after planting. Amazing!

Thumbnail by maggienh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Maggie, thanks for checking in and giving us the good news. that is amazing,
I may use bloom booster on my sluggish blooming mg's next yr.
Love your HB covered in blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks for letting know about this thread Jackie. I agree with you.
Maggie, beautiful. They really look awesome!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Lovely! I feed mine with the fish filters from my gold fish tank.. LOL I didn't feed as often as I usually do, I think you did good! lovely!

Denver, CO

Congrats on the gorgeous blue blooms.
What bloom booster did you use? that is a true endorsement of its effectiveness.

Mount Juliet, TN

I use all of the Dyna-Gro products. I really like them and use them outdoors, indoors, orchids and hydro. Love it :)

Gautier, MS

I've mentioned Miracle Grow Bloom Booster, I use this most of the time to give my mgs a boost.

Don't know if I'll find Dyna-Gro around here.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.