Morning Glories 2017 #14

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Debra and Jackie.

Beautiful blooms Debra. I like your fish, but not crazy about snails.

Beautiful blooms Jackie, looks like they are a nice size too.

I had some nice ip nil blooms this morning but I think I goofed by taking close ups.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh no thanks, Linda, on the snails. This one is as big as a tennis ball and is an aquarium Giant ALba Moon Snail. Hmm.. wonder why I seem to go for things that start with "moon"

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous blooms Helena. I love the Lavender, its a beauty The chocolate is lovely with the blue streaks, I lIke your other star bloom too, Is it Mauve Splash?
The solid lavender on the end is pretty too.

I had a white hige this am but didn't get a clear pic at this angle.
a better pic but you can;t tell its a hige
I love my spec MG, its not making seeds :-(
Cypress vine finally opening a few more blooms

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Helena and Jackie.

Debra, as big as a tennis ball? WOW!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. The 1st and 3rd bloom are on same vine and it's the LYK purple blzd.

Jackie, glad you had a white hige. All are pretty blooms. I'll have to check the vine I have of your spc MG to see if I got any seeds from it. If it did I'll share seeds of it with you.

Helena, you know its ironic that my spec mg vine that's not making the prettiest blooms is making sds. Just not the vine with the gorgeous flowers. Doesn't it figure?
Yes please save me a sd or two just in case. You never can tell, some lovely blooms'could come from the sds that came from the not so pretty blooms.

Helena, the colors on your purples are beautiful. Jackie, I am glad you ot a white hige, we can compare. Love the cypress bloom, too!
Linda, i measured my snail, she more the size of a plum right now. It's father was as big as a softball. She will be as big as a tennis ball, since she is female. ( All this according to the pet store guy here in town) ...
You guys have sure had some beauty growing this year. congrats to all of us for having the love for glories.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, lovely blooms. The 1st 2 look like obscura lutea? Pretty Apricot Candy
and lovely white hige.
Hope to see pics of your snail from time to time so we can watch its growth
with you.

Debra, those are very pretty blooms.

Thanks, everyone. Linda, does this look like a texas laurel tree baby?

Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Debra and Jackie. It's a cool morning here.

Beautiful blooms Debra. You had some beautiful blooms this year too.

A few blooms still here to show.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your plant Debra, whatever it is with the pretty orange bloom The lvs are like the pretty popcorn cassia and like my Bird of paradise plant.
Lovely blooms Helena, so glad you;re still getting blooms.. Your blooms in # 4 pic have been very pretty this yr as have your higes.
Mine'are winding down,'Got a couple of Purple star blooms after I watered the tub yesterday.. No rain here for a long while.
Shishi botan just now opening her 1st bloom notice the cupped lvs
Not getting outside early enough to catch Split Personality open all the way.
My pretty spec mg, my other spec mg is not as pretty. I believe this came out of Cocoa chocolate

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

you have some really special blooms Jackie., I love that special one as well as the purple star., can't wait to see more blooms. That plant happens to be in ot with an orange tithonia. I bet you are right , it may be a cassia alata. I forgot I planted some from 8 yrs old seed to see if they were viable. I was hoping for a bird of paradise or a mountain laurel LOL. No blooms special here, just purps, the little luteas and moon flowers at the moment. It is going to be just like it was three weeks ago if the wind doesn't stop blowing! There used to be a cedar tree here in the third pic. I used it to bury the oleander and all my little tropical plants with marigolds and other flowers .. the basement gardens are gaining flowers..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, I love your beautiful blooms. Shishi botan and split personality is 2 mgs to I haven't bloomed for a long time.

Love your pretty blooms too Debra....Pretty purple star and hummer and butterfly flowers.

WOW! Look at all the beautiful blooms today.

Debra, not for sure if it is a Texas mountain laurel or not.

http://texastreeplanting.tamu.edu/Display_Onetree.aspx?tid=94

Thumbnail by taters55

Debra, Love your little Marigolds, Hibiscus and other flowers including the pretty Purple star.
Wonderful cassia.

Gautier, MS

Linda, that Texas mountain laurel would be a nice tree to grow and have. You should get seeds of that Debra.
Jackie, my Cassia has one branch left after dying back last winter.
My salvia Mexicanas are blooming nicely now. I see hummer around once in a while.
Chachamaru bloomed again , color on #4 is more of a maroon than redish pink.

Helena, thats why I would prefer to grow my cassias in pots. Except the popcorn /Cassia alata is hardy here if its planted early enough to send the roots deep.
My neighbor had 1 in his yard for yrs but a very cold winter did it in a few yrs ago. I think it needs to be planted on the South Side and mulched really well.
Your glory;s are lovely today. Hope we can see the true color on your maroon hige
soon. what is the color on # 5?? Its very pretty

To our new thread, http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1460155

You can post your kudos to Helena here or on the new thread above.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.