Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thought we might try a new thread
red Amaranth

Came from
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1450936/

This message was edited Sep 1, 2017 12:24 PM

Thumbnail by juhur7
Fort Worth, TX

that reminds me I have to go cut my red amaranth before I have thousands of them next year. Glad you started a new thread. Dried out enough here to have to water.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank You! I needed that! Still clearing tree limbs...

Oxdrift, Canada

Nice Amaranth Ju. Thanks for new thread as well.
Great to hear from you Kitt. No flood damages?? Clearing limbs is better than a soggy house. How did the moat work for the neighbour?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I was wondering that also , the water , the moat ,

Aster today ,

Thumbnail by juhur7
Fort Worth, TX

My asters haven't bloomed yet, do I need to fertilize?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Gypsi Not at all Asters like early or even late season rain , They grow on wasteland places here ,
Resent fertilizer actually , makes their leaves yellow some most of the time A little compost once in a while is best ,
Somme of the White Roadside are getting their buds , Next few days aster blooms everywhere

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

TA DA!!!!! Bound to be more, there were about 6 cats out there, and three are gone now into these, and now we have a new batch that just hatched out there..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Debra Life force Fun !!! Going on there lol
Metamorph , mutant ! Butterfly , 1 , 2 , 3 ,.

I have seen the Monarch cats walking , climbing here , see a few BF's also , About another 5 days or so when more become butterflies I will see more ,

Good Morning, just wanted to say I am hoping I can pop on where ever I am at, but no promises as we head out to Buffalo, NY in a few minutes. My son, Charlie, is in Charge of the the gardens, house and whatever. You all take care!

Thumbnail by joeswife
Fort Worth, TX

Have a safe trip Debra

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Debra Shuffling off to Buffalo to see the folks at home , lol Plants and flowers before the Winter Snows come falling .

Obedient , I have to get the small trees out of them ,

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

The guy with the moat just cant win, but he wasnt alone. The rain alone filled the inside of the moat, the 2 small pumps couldnt handle the rain, and that was a day and a half before the creek rose. Enough rain I had a sweetgum tree bend in the middle, may be a sign of carpenter ants, dunno how they survive in the land of fire ants...another type of rain lily...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Oxdrift, Canada

Beautiful pink lily Kitt. A little bit of brightness to follow the gloom!

Fort Worth, TX

Dragonfly is pretty too. So that is what obedient plant looks like Ju. In Texas it is disobedient, I think I have seen it take over a pond.

Oxdrift, Canada

Fall in Oxdrift
Brought in succulent cuttings on Friday. Coleus cuttings are rooting up good in water. Will probably pot those up at the end of the week.
Have 20 cups of corn cooling off on the deck all ready to put in freezer.

Thumbnail by oxdriftgardener Thumbnail by oxdriftgardener Thumbnail by oxdriftgardener Thumbnail by oxdriftgardener Thumbnail by oxdriftgardener
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hi Keith , Looks Gorgeous ,

Fort Worth, TX

Fall in Texas, I put my sprinkler system parts on the high shelf in the garage, didn't get it built, barely needed it this summer, which is very odd.

given up setting up new hives, will be merging small ones together, getting ready to treat for varroa mites. Planted broccoli, chard and jacob's cattle beans at the first week of August, Pruned tomatoes, some did come back and are putting on fruit. getting fish organized and trying to get trees pruned.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Summer Phlox time here

Celosia snuck into the pic

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Fort Worth, TX

That's right it really isn't october, why does it feel like it?

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

Hello to my Texas buddy gardeners. Hope all is well and you all are safe .

Fort Worth, TX

we are. Kitt finally got internet and I only got 1.5 inches of rain

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Nope, no internet. Think the rain damaged the wires to the house- my outside box doesn't show a connection. Still on data, will aggravate the dsl folks tomorro. First mowing since the rain- new sand in the yard, but St Augustine is handling well- found 2 new crayfish mounds in the yard, and I have been harrassing with poison the fire ants that think they will make area theirs...I still have ripe mustang grapes on the vines which dont help me fight those ants either.

Keep the faith ,you have life and soon things will be back to normal. I am pray that everyone recoups,

Today it's beautiful outside at 82F no humidity so I decided to divide some lilies.I plant 4 in my ront garden beds.These are there pictures.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf
Fort Worth, TX

Your stargazer looks amazing. How do you divide them?

I use the pointed shovel and dug about 6 inch around then lift up the bulbs .Each of then had 2 nice size bulbs and I left the main plant with the bulb attached.So I had 4 New plants put in the garden bed.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Pretty flowers the lillies All usual here ,only browsing through ,

I totally agree, it has felt like October for a couple weeks at home and now, really feels like it up here.. brr! Love that pink rain lily, mine have not bloomed for a long time. Oh Kieth, you gardens are so beautiful, plz tell me it's not going to freeze already! Ju, so many wild flowers I saw on the way... wanted to stop every ten minutes, but hard to do on a toll road. all the wild flowers I planted up here are blooming in Mom's back yard, but I have to figure out a way to get these other danged weeds out for good! LOL

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Debra I will start Lupine and such as cool temps are the course , Hoping my seedlings get large enough Miracle gro being kept handy toads being chased to another place about the yard , ( they keep digging under my seedlings ,
The wildflower excursion viewing sounds entertaining ,,

I love your lillies, cytff.. Hey Kitt, what is a crayfish mound?
it is kinda chilly up here in New York!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Debra it needs to warm back up a smidge here also
I am hoping some more of my fall seedlings sprout
Echinacea sprout better in Garden soil
The Mallow I have been trying to grow ,I got cement dust from sweeping the sidewalk with grain wash sediment , Planted them in that and they sprouted right up , Some won't sprout unless the start earth is perfect (per say )

Thank you Joe . The Senior has to do some more dividing but can only do a few a day . Lol . I saw you were doing Lupines . I had luck with Wintersowing them.Try it.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

cytf when I wintersow lupines here they get ate by larvae in the spring , not enough growth to survive , I have to fall start them ,
Morning glory
Mallow
Paintbrush
Gaillardia
Echinacea

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here are some Lupine and Lillium seeds soaking , you can tell the difference good from bad

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ju, so many bad seeds here are just waiting for their own day to sprout - sigh. Glad I don't have to mess with that.
Deb. Crayfish. To a cajun, they are etouffee, jambalaya, gumbo, Mardi Gras, and anything in between. To me, an Okie, they are crawdads and much smaller than the south grows them. That makes them fishfood for Oscars, and full grown Angelfish... destruction to lawnmowers, etc. One eye out for gators and raw bacon on a string in a ditch of rainwater teasing them out of their mud. The native Americans tell the story of the crawfish as building the earth. They swam down thru the waters and scooped up the mud on their tails, carrying it up until the ball of mud became the land. These two seperate mounds show the shape of the carried mud, but in dryer climates, this is the door to a deep hole with water that the mud bug lives in.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt I remember when Crawdads use to do that here ,
Plated some more seeds ,

oh wow, thanks! I just learned something, and I'm glad.

Fort Worth, TX

I remember southern Illinois or Western Kentucky having crayfish I think, but I wasn't allowed to go foraging much after the snake incident (Black Racer chased my sister and I ALL the way home)

I am alive by the way. 12 hour job yesterday, it's a beauty

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Crayfish can taste like lobster or crab if it is cooked good , otherwise BARF , if it is not just right ,
I'm cutting flowers and weeds , Burning some of the burdock and QAL seed heads
Hummingbird told me to move over ,it wanted into the Obedient flowers
Looking like rain and about 70 degrees here with a good wind going

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.