Morning Glories 2017 #09

Gautier, MS

I agree, it's a very pretty bloom Debra. I've had on occasion have volunteer seed sprout from the year before.
Some blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Both pink purpureas (above post #5) are from your 2012 seed mix Jackie.
Tempest-not
#5 Pink Frost

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Why don't the seeds sprout?

Helena, those blooms are so pretty today.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

oh my, I love your blooms today Helena. Especially the blues. *sigh* We are off to a movie today, too hot outside now. Have a wonderful day!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Love your blooms today Helena. Gorgeous purps.
Debra, my youjiros used to come up on the fence every yr b4 I pulled them all up.
Wish I hadn;t cause now I have to re-establish them. They were the 1st to bloom every yr. Linda, the youjiros are nils and not supposed to be hardy enough to come back from seed, but mine do. All because they are protected by all the dead lvs covering them.
The lite lavender nol in the big tub, Becky;s Rabenda, again it,came back because it was covered in dead lvs.

The beautiful lavender with specks from Debra's mixed sds 2013, this one has a different pattern
Enjoy your movie Debra. I can't sit still long enough to watch a movie.

This message was edited Jul 25, 2017 3:08 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I spotted a few nils sprouting from a few seeds that had fallen recently though I haven't rescue them yet. I just have too many to get into bigger pots still.
Enjoy your movie Debra.
Gorgeous bloom Jackie. Save me a seed from that one too, love it!

Thanks Helena, that bloom is coming from the same vine that made
these blooms. I will save you seeds, Looks like I;m having better seed set
from the blooms that the bees beat me to it..

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie That ,is so beautiful! That bloom looks one of the first seeds given to me by Becky.
The Mummy - the movie was good, but I am pretty sure I missed some of it due to me nodding off. How could I even think about sleeping thru a Tom Cruise Movie. smh All my morning glorys are on a separate storage thing. I need to open it up and post mgs from 2008.

Right now it is 98, and all I do is look out the window, wander down to the turtles and goldfish and snails, look around and realize I should be cleaning down there. *sigh*
My co-worker, Diane, has been battling ancer for almoswt 5 years. She has been blessed with three grand babies ( 2 boys and a girl) and witnessed her two sons getting married. I took her to the chemo thing last week, and she is really sounding bad right now and I feel helpless. Just lost Kim, my sis in laws best friend to the return of her breast cancer, she did one chemo treatment and passed away. She was 8 years cancer free. She also enjoyed grandchildren and her children getting married. She died ANGRY. I am so exhausted. Here is a picture to lift my spirits.. not a morning glory, but at one bloom at a time, I have to grab the moment. This is Wesson, he is one of the three to the north of me, I baby sat the dogs for them last week. I watched them since they were itty bitty pups.
Soon there will be blooms on the patio arch. There is also passion vine, porcelain vine, trumpet vine all growing together here. Oh, there is Jaimie Lynn, Great white Alba moonvine, lav moonvine and lobata.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Sorry to hear about your friends with cancer Debra.
Love your pictures.

Thanks Debra.
I;m sure I would nod off in the theater too. Once I go inside out of the heat and in the a/c, I can't keep my eyes open so I know to go to my sofa, my favorite sleeping place.
I do hope your co-worker will try the 'Essiac tea. Our local health store owner has saved a woman with breast cancer using the Essiac tea concentrated drops. she has been cancer free now for 3 yrs and she continues to take the tea as a preventive..
Beautiful Hibiscus and looking forward to your arch blooms.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, thanks. Your blooms are gorgeous, I love those colors.

Sorry to hear about your friends too Debra. Hope they try the Essiac tea. I know if it's a serious illness I've bought the tea for family members. Hope you get some mg blooms soon. Pretty hibiscus and pet pics.

Blooms this morning were nice.

Gautier, MS

More blooms.

Gautier, MS

A few more.

Gautier, MS

Last, my turtle friend got a mouth full of strawberry and ran off.

Beautiful blooms Helena. Love the turtle trying to escape!

me too!
Helena, you certainly have a Candy Store full of blooms for us all. Love the variations of colors, stripes, streaks, spots and split petals. The bigger blooms seem like they are made of fine silk. I can almost feel the softness and the shimmer of the light dancing on the petals. Oh goodness. Sight for sore eyes today.

The kids have taken over my computer again and my son too. His new computer just 3 weeks old is already messed up, we mailed it to HP today. .
Gorgeous blooms Helena and I can;t believe how many you had.
Just a beautiful display of blooms. Love the pinks, esp # 3 on 3rd row.
Beautiful higes and split petals.Love the 2 toned blue, a favorite
Heres the tyoe of day I;m having. My mouse went out so DH went to Wally's and got me a new one just 20 minutes ago Then this computer just shut down
while I was typing this post. Hope its not going out..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, Debra and Jackie.
Hope your computer just needs a break Jackie. Just now able to post the pictures from this morning.

Gautier, MS

Some more from this morning.
First is Ushio tide, looks similar to pink tie dye.
Pink Frost
Blue from Dany
Chiako
Split purpurea

gorgeous, Helena. Love the variety of blooms you are getting.

Absolutely gorgeous blooms this morning Helena.
Love that crazy bloom after the Aomurasaki, tell me its name again.please.
Love the Ushio Tide, and Pink Frost. Prettty little Split Peal.

Helena, those blooms are stunning.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Jackie that crazy bloom is Purple LYK . The pink LYK bloomed today but not a good pic.

Helena I sure thought I had posted but I don't know where it went. I am so in love with the blooms you are getting. I can't get over how many different ones you have and how you know all their names. Awesome! Still loving that 4th bloom ( edo?)
Desert Rose is very happy right now..
Joe loves the tree form that the I carnea has taken on, I swear he takes pics of it everyday.. he also took this pic of the yellow white 4 o clock cross.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Very pretty blooms everyone.

Very pretty blooms this morning Helena. Love Mauve Splash # 4
and tell me what # 2 is.,such a pretty soft lavender
Debra, Love your Desert Rose, carnea and 4 o'clocks Excellent culture on your Desert rose to
have so many blooms.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1454536

This message was edited Jul 28, 2017 12:33 PM

Gautier, MS

Debra, yes that is neat Edo bloom.

Jackie, that #2 is A pink from Azuremore. It was supposed to have lite pink stripes with darker pink stripes. But it crossed and the blooms vary from pink to lavender.
#4 is another pink that blooms vary. I guess it makes it interesting.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.