Have Christmas Cactus to trade

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

I have the following Christmas cactus plants to trade:

Christmas Fantasy-- one fairly large rooted plant. A peachy mauve color.

Lavendar Doll-- One fairly large rooted plant. Um...lavendar. :-)

Thor Ritt-- I have three fairly large rooted cuttings of this one. A lipstick fuschia color.

I have no particular wants in mind-- I do like orchids, and gesneriads, and I am open to any suggestions! I ~would~ like to find a cutting of an old fashioned Christmas cactus-- Schlum. bridgessi. This one has smallish hot pink flowers, and rounded, scalloped leaf edges, and blooms heavily at Christmas time (as opposed to Schlum. truncata hybrids which have larger flowers, pointed leaf edges, and bloom from Halloween to Thanksgiving.)

Thanks for giving me a look!

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

HI, I DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE THINGS YOU LISTED BUT I DO HAVE HIBISCUS PLANTS COMING UP SOON, AND CREPE MYRTLES THAT I HAVE GROWN INSIDE. THESE WILL BE READY IN ABOUT A MONTH. I WOULD LOVE EITHER OF THE CATUS YOU HAVE. I CAN SEND A SASE, OR POSTAGE, OR WHICH EVER YOU WISH. LET ME KNOW. OK JANAET
jcflowers@bulloch.net

(Zone 8a)

Will you trade your Christmas Fantasy
for a Purple Smoke tree? I have some
6 to 12" 2 yr. old transplants in 5"
plastic grow pots I am trading over
in the tree section. If you go there
I have posted the zones they grow in,
how big they get, basic care of them,
and in my last post to Pete2, I posted
a web site where they can be seen.
Tradergurl: JEWEL
( mygarden@moment.net )
P.S. The trees are smaller,
BUT WILL GROW FAST.
I could mail it out in April towards
the middle to end of the month.

This message was edited Friday, Mar 30th 9:42 AM

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I may have the old fashioned Christmas Cactus you are looking for. I rescued it from an elderly neighbor that was getting ready to throw it out after she dropped it and broke the pot. Anyhooo, it has taken it a while to look healthy, but I have not had it bloom for me yet so couldn't tell you what the color is. It is definitely not like the new zygocactus and I couldn't send you much of it. Would trade for little starts of the peachy mauve or anything interesting. Thanks in Advance

Have a question how are you able to name you Xmas cactus? I have 3 and would like to know how to name them. I know the colors but, just had thought you had named them from the colors. Also, how many colors are out there for Xmas cactus?

Kerry

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

I have a half of dozen rooted.They are only one rooted leaf. the flowers are pink. the plant was a rescue from my mother and I took the cuttings because i was not sure if it will survive.6 only
email Sandy

they are mailed out..thanx

This message was edited Wednesday, May 2nd 11:30 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.