Thanks Linda and Helena.
Wish we could see the lavender in Indigo
Feathers. My camera does that too, sometimes not being able
to see the difference between blue and purple

Not a true Mauve splash
Here's my 2 Abutilon's blooming
1 Wisteria bloom survived, don;t know how
All the rest were frozen without opening

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

These from 2014
Four o' clocks and Shirley poppies! All started from seed:-)

Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone
Gautier, MS

All pretty blooms Jackie. Love the color of your Abutilon 3rd pic.

Nice garden blooms Tony. I have a few different colors of abutilon but yours are very pretty.

Planning on doing the cordon method again this year, but this time with the large-flowered Orihime or Chocolate.
-From last year; this one was an intermediate-flowered variety I created that would have 4 inch flowers if grown standardly; these were over 6 inches in diameter!

Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone Thumbnail by ToneBone
Gautier, MS

I'm sure your project will turn out nice Tony.

Another purpurea bloom I wasn't expecting to see. I really want to see my higes I'm supposed to get from the envy I started this year. I guess my mystery plant turned out to be pumpkin or cantaloupe from seeds I threw for the birds. Bloom from milky way too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena,. Pretty purpureas.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Very pretty blooms Tony and Helena.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

really pretty blooms everyone. I wish it was nice here, and I am impressed with all you all have going on.I still have not grown abutilon. My camera does not capture the purple either, except the old one did in 2011 in the basement on this day...
Maybe Jackie can ID these for me..except the last one , I got that one.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Debra, lovely blooms, unfortunately I can't id any of them. MAYBE Helena can.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Sorry Debra but I can't id your pretty blooms either.

Only one bloom today from Indigo feathers in purple not as in pic. Here's what I've worked on yesterday getting my mgs into bigger pots in sunniest spot in my yard. My new plant from Lowes sale, Passie was regular price but I wanted another red one.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms ladies.

OMGosh on that red passie Helena, Your feathered is a beautiful color today.
Helena, how many mg's in that spot. I can see at least 45 in the vines sitting in'the front of the pic. but are those mg's sitting back a little ways in the same pic? If so,
we;re in for a real treat when they all start blooming. I just don;t think I can start that
many this yr,

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.
Jackie, Yep I have a lot more that 45. Plus I still have a bunch or two that still need repotting. Lots of new ones to me and Us plus my favorites that I like growing each year.
Hope you can grow at least some Jackie. How many you think you can handle is better than nothing. Since I grew them in bigger cups from the start the roots system seem to be stronger plus they can stay in their cups longer so that helps.

This message was edited Apr 3, 2017 8:43 AM

I love that you are growing so many, Helena, I hope you get as many blooms as you can for us to gaze at. I love that Passi, too. None of mine have bloomed yet from trades, afraid to put them into ground due to being tropical, and none of the hardy ones have come up here. That's okay, tho, I will be happy with what ever I have.

Helena I will be starting some shortly. If I could start all I want to, would be
100's. Will be enjoying all your pretty blooms.
Debra, the passion vines are slow to break dormancy even here in Arkansas.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Debra and Jackie. I have a passie in a pot that overwinters outside slightly under the patio and I just noticed that it has come back but still only around 4 or 5 inches tall. So even here it did take awhile for it to come back.
I hope I get nice blooms this year. Have quite a few with no id and a few that have real dark stem that should have light ones. So have no idea what they will turn out to be. I also have planted two or three vines into the bigger pots.

This message was edited Apr 3, 2017 8:44 AM

I think you forgot the photo Helena.

Gautier, MS

Yep I did Linda......Ooops forgot to post my only bloom Indigo feathers today.

This message was edited Apr 3, 2017 8:48 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Nice bloom Helena. Still trying to start a few sds.
I did not pollinate one of the prettiest blooms I had this winter so i won;t be getting
any seeds from it (the aogakiyama not) I did pollinate the blue with lav specks,
but it didn't take.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. The picture didn't come out good. The bloom was nicer than the pic.
Hope you start your mgs soon Jackie. The special mgs are always the hardest to get to pollinate, been there and done that!

Love the color of indigo feathers.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
It's been interesting colors of blue and violet to purple for indigo feathers. Another pink rambler blooms.
Two 4 o'clocks from Debra's seeds with a mg volunteer. Raining hard here now so the plants are going to get a good soaking.

Very pretty morning glories Helena.

ooooh yes those colors are very bright on this computer! ( sneaking in from work) girls i was out and sick for a few days sorry if i was mia ( again)

Lost my post again. Wonderful color on your Indigo Feathers Helena. Nice to see
a Pink Rambler.
Glad you;re feeling better Debra.

I had a large solid pink i nil this am downstairs, but didn't get a pic, dang it. I found white flies!!! all over my Kings Mantle! argh!!!!!
Oh Helena, I do so hope your 4 o clocks are red and yellow splash!

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Glad your feeling better too Debra. I'm really hoping I'll get the pretty color your 4 o'clock had Debra though the envy I think said Salmon.

Debra, whiteflies are where the listerine is effective. Just pick up the plant and lean it over or hold it up so you can hit the undersides of the lvs. This takes care of them for me.I use the
generic listerine

Sorry to hear you have been sick Debra. Get well soon.

Found this pretty little Easter Cactus b4 Lowes had a chance to kill it. They won;t water the tropicals that are right inside the store, preferring to let them die
so they'can get a refund I guess. 2nd pic its just wilted but would make a pretty hanging basket. Can't repot until its thru blooming.
A lovely white mg from 2013

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms on your cactus and morning glory from 2013 Jackie.

Even though it's been cool in the evenings and mornings, I have tiny buds on some of my mgs and higes. So we will blooms not too long from now. I planted my 3 blooming mgs in the ground in the back yard.

Thanks Helena.
Looking forward to your pretty mg blooms.

Gautier, MS

Me too Jackie. I'm going to have to look closely on my walks so I don't miss hidden blooms.
Rebecca and as labeled purple flaked blooms this morning, love the dark blue color. Erythrina Bidwillii ready to boom too.

Beautiful blooms everyone.

A lovely Rebecca Helena. The flaked is especially pretty this morning.
I love your Erythrina. My Erythrina coralldendron? lost her lvs over winter,'but new lvs have come back small compared to their size last yr. I hope I get pretty blooms from her this' summer.
Thanks Linda

gorgeous blooms Helena. I spent all day Sunday outside, lots of things coming up and blooming, no pics sorry. I had to go back to dr today, for an ekg, I think I overdid it, I had a attack of some sort this am while bending over to put on my pantyhose, thought it was a panic attack, or anxiety attack, almost went to er
( there are 3 of them on my way to work) but kept driving thru this attack. called family dr, after I got to work, they wanted me in right away for another ekg, now my brithday is going to be spent with a cardiologist, and I am just angry about that.
*sigh* but the Erythrina blooms and the dark purple flaked bloom made my day perfect and I love you for that.

Debra, so glad you;re going in to see a cardiologist instead of just hoping this goes away on it;s own. You need to know what you;re dealing with so that it can be treated. I know you;re family would like to have you around for a long time
and you;re DG family would too. :-)
I hope your cardio Dr is going straight to a dye test, that's the quickest way to know for sure if you have a blockage. Would be nice if they could rule out your heart.
Maybe it was your gall bladder. 1st time mine acted up, I thought I was having a heart attack.

Gautier, MS

Debra hope you're ok and your DR. found out the cause of your attacks.

Got a bloom today from CdV, had missed 2 from yesterday.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Sending well wishes and prayers for you Debra. Let us know what the dr says please?
Helena, that is a beautiful bloom.

Love your Carnival of Venice bloom Helena. Hope to start that one too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.