What is your favorite winter comfort food?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 20 votes:

Chili, enchiladas or something with a Southwest flavor.
(2 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Home made soup. (share a recipe?)
(11 votes, 55%)
Red dot

Fresh bread or cornbread (recipe?)
(1 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Mac and cheese, stroganoff, beans and rice (or similar food)
(1 votes, 5%)
Red dot

Sweets can be comfort foods too! (tell us)
(2 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Pizza! (especially during stressful ballgames)
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Other (tell us)
(3 votes, 15%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

I voted other. My absolute favorite is a cheesy broccoli casserole, hands down, lol!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I love to make homemade soups in winter. My favorites are white chicken chili and chicken noodle but I love my beef stew too. I often make cornbread too to go with, depending on the type of soup.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I love soups, mac and cheese, and pasta. I make a lot of winter dishes in the crock pot.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

miniature old fashioned doughnuts broken into pieces covered with peanut butter ice cream topped with butterscotch and sprinkled with icing sugar and an egg-nog chaser.

Mid Gulf Coast, TX(Zone 9b)

Homemade tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on homemade bread....comfort food for sure.

Potterville, PA(Zone 5b)

Homemade soups are great in the winter months and I make one at least once a week. Another favorite is pancakes, gravy and pork chops.......cutlets fried rabbit and venison and...sigh. Too many to list. My wife and I both love home style cooking and we do it daily. Texasbelle's menu is on for tomorrow. Yum.

Anadarko, OK

We love home made potato soup with crackers when it's cold! Also tomato soup with grilled cheese. We could eat that twice a week throughout the whole year though...

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

I love chili, fresh baked bread and any PuertoRican food my Captain makes for me!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.