Plant Propagation , The Basics Dec.2016

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sharon about yea late , but you know Mother (Mom ) What would us kiddies have ever done without you ,,, Smiley )
Happy New Year All !!!

A Yogurt cup with Red Hollyhock seeds They were suppose to Black Hollyhock , But ,,not here ..

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Debra, I found a coffee grinder for the grinding small chips, banana peels and eggshells, etc. The blenders wont grind it as fine, so better in some ways...
Be careful using some earths- they may come complete with root knot nematodes...

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Hey Kitt, good idea with the grinder. Would you dry the banana peels first?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

You know , That was a set up for me to say Bean grinders 1890 design , From paper and cardboard instead of steel though (not to forget Plastic ) This still needs sealed properly , Trouble doing finishes I seem to have

Blended up Banana peels are a great worm food , the little wiggley ,slimy ,things love those , (Banana pudding )

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

I suspect you have trouble with finishes 'cause they are the least important part of the project.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I have tried chopping smaller then freezing, also tried roasting and crumbling and chopping. Works either way, but needs sliced smaller. Love your choppers Ju!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Robin that is possible , I find it a little slow to do the work , but a lot faster than a blender (and stronger ) or with cutters . I did about three or four cans of mulch one day . (the most any one day )

Fort Worth, TX

Wow, great ideas

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Here is Cuban Oregano Destined to see Jen ,
A Heart leaf Vine often named as a Philodendron , but it's name is something other I don't remember if it from Jen or Debra Came up in a Basil pot after 2 seasons , Slow to grow also
Here is one of the Agave from Sharon a few seasons ago , Kitten proof , And sharp as needles

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Fort Worth, TX

I will upload phone photos later, have some things to do. Finally got my giant turks cap dug out, planted 3 snap dragons and 3 pansies where it came out, and scattered seed for more A. Tuberosa, poppies, echinacea, galliardia and the little red wildflower whose name I do not know. Nothing up. I would like to seed the rest of my wildflowers but areas still covered with underlayment and bark mulch, hand recovering more necessary.

Paid a helper to dig in the plants from Debra near a fence, a coral vine and a mystery there were, they didn't look like freeze survivors but many things don't, I just had him bury the pot. Finally got my wisteria, a spirea bridal veil that have been in pots for 2 years, and a white quince planted out by the corner. My forsythias I dug in last week, if I bury the pot, I can move them easier. I got them all as babies for about $2 from Burgess in 2014, and grew them up in 2 or 3 gallon pots at the edge of my flowerbed, but they will get bigger with actual room. So I moved them out to the corner too. (had a chinese tree taken out of there this past summer). Got my carolina jessamine on a fence line, and that precious desert willow I purchased got in the ground in sun at the high end of the garden too. My fig is in. Thank goodness for paid help, I've been trying to get most of this stuff planted, except for the desert willow and the jessamine I bought, for 2 years. Photos some time, need to hook up the new computer and see if quickbooks blows up.

Fort Worth, TX

I started a new thread here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1437212/

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I have some things that will come back there even after a light freeze, Alice. In your zone anyway. night blooming jessimen?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.