My favorite food for this time of year is...

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 22 votes:

Soup (what kind?)
(11 votes, 50%)
Red dot

Home made bread
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Cookies, brownies or sweet treats
(2 votes, 9%)
Red dot

A hearty casserole
(4 votes, 18%)
Red dot

Anything that I don't have to cook myself
(4 votes, 18%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(1 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9b)

Actually, soup is one of my favorite foods any time of the year. It's easier to name what kind I don't like: clam chowder. We make our own soups so just about anything can find it's way into a batch.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

To many cookies this time of the year.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I like just about any kind of soup including Borstch and Matzo Ball soups but they aren't at the top of my list. When making homemade soup, I start with chicken or vegetable stock and add whatever I have on hand. Cannellini beans are a favorite ingredient along with onions and garlic. I frequently add a few fennel seeds, pepper flakes, and a bay leaf. To me, soup is always better after it sits in the fridge overnight. Soup and some whole grain bread ... gourmet eating!

Kingsville, TX(Zone 9b)

Soup! Turkey Noodle, of course! Made from the Thanksgiving turkey carcass. Actually, I like soup almost any time of the year, and I like many different kinds. Split pea soup is another favorite, along with Chicken Rice.
Rusty

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Anything that makes the house smell good.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I made some broccoli silk soup the other day and it was good. It's actually cream of broccoli with added cream cheese stirred in and some chunks of the cc added.
C'ville, I like the idea of a few fennel seeds. I think that would be good with yellow squash soup.

This message was edited Nov 27, 2016 12:03 PM

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I like soup a lot, and cookies, and home-made bread. But I REALLY like whole berry cranberry sauce! I make a batch at Thanksgiving and nobody else has any, so I eat it until it gets used up. Yum.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Right now I have a ham shank waiting to go into a pot of beans tomorrow. Then cornbread. We are down to high 50s and that is cold for Las Vegas. Everything sound wonderful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.