Essay time!

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 9 votes:

I added a new feature to my garden.
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

I had a great (or disappointing) veggie garden.
(2 votes, 22%)
Red dot

I successfully downsized to a more manageable garden.
(1 votes, 11%)
Red dot

I added a pond, pergola, trellis or other garden structure.
(0 votes, 0%)
Red dot

Summer's still here! I'll tell you when it is finally over.
(5 votes, 55%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(1 votes, 11%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Nearly two-thirds of September gone and it's still around 90 in Alabama! I've lived here all my 68 years, and while I probably don't recall a lot of long-ago summers, I truly cannot recall it being this hot ever. Now, some sharpie will probably Google temperatures for the last 75 years and come up with something to dispute this, but I don't care. All I know is it's just too hot for September! I think there is truly something to the our supposed 4 seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas.

I'll let y'all know when we have some cooler temperatures, but don't hold your breath. It's supposed to stay in the upper 80's-lower 90's for at least another week. Ma Nature likes to play some cruel jokes sometimes.

On a good note, our garden did fairly well this year. While we gone a 2-week vacation, however, the bugs and blight finally got to most of the tomatoes, so they are gone. So is the cucumber. I have a few okra hanging on. My sweet peppers didn't do well this year, but the jalapenos and poblanos are still going great.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Same here ... it's still around 90°. But it is finally supposed to be going down at least into the lower 80s. Nights are cooler.

I only grew my Giant Marconi Peppers this year. They did well. I still have a few on the bush as we speak.

(Sallie) Cherry Vall, IL(Zone 5a)

"Other - (Tell Us!)" - I've spent this Spring/Summer converting several of my garden areas to all (or mostly) native plants. Here are a couple of the areas, before and after photos. I'm still working on 4 more areas. I can't wait until next year to see how they look after the plants "grow up"! Over 400 natives planted this year.

Thumbnail by SallieKr Thumbnail by SallieKr Thumbnail by SallieKr Thumbnail by SallieKr
Johnson City, TN

Quote from SallieKr :
"Other - (Tell Us!)" - I've spent this Spring/Summer converting several of my garden areas to all (or mostly) native plants. Here are a couple of the areas, before and after photos. I'm still working on 4 more areas. I can't wait until next year to see how they look after the plants "grow up"! Over 400 natives planted this year.

This is a very beautiful plant, I would like to see the same in my garden. Every year I add a new plant to my garden, I love when it all blooms and smells in spring. But since the topic is about an essay, I would like to tell a little about the essay editing service Edusson , this is an excellent service, where you can edit your essay. Sometimes it is very useful even in the field of gardening, I recently wrote an essay at the university about my garden. I think my teacher will like it.

This message was edited Feb 26, 2019 7:25 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.