Smaller (why?)
(2 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Other (tell us!)
(4 votes, 20%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I argued with DH about where to put the garden when we built our house. I lost. Now our garden has little feeder roots because he wanted to put it too close to the woods, so it's partly shaded in the late afternoon, which is ok, but still gets little feeder roots on one end. I also wanted it closer to the house and in a flatter part of the yard. It's not like we didn't have the room, we have 9 acres. He just didn't want to mow around it. He still does, it just isn't where 'he' wanted it, lol!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

A decade ago I would have said, "Larger", but the older I get I believe I am content with what I have. Sun/Shade is just perfect, climate good too, so I voted, other for keeping it just the way it is.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'd be back in California with the garden(s) I had and loved out there, only probably smaller.

This message was edited Aug 9, 2016 4:02 PM

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I would have MUCH better soil...............I mean, how am I expected to grow anything in gravel and clay? I gave up. And if I HAD better soil, I would want a sharpshooter to "off" the groundhogs and raccoons. The fence I had put up around the old garden didn't seem to deter them much.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

The actual garden, the part that needed maintenance, would be smaller. However, I'd love to have a huge chunk of property and let it go wild.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

I still hold close to my heart the first thing I ever grew. It was an Easter Lily and it multiplied the second year. I didn't even know that they would do that. I think bulbs are best things to start kids on with green beans the second.
I have to watch out for squirrels digging up and eating the bulbs, though, and sprinkle red pepper flakes in the soil and on top of the ground. It deters my dog from digging too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.