Morning Glories 2016 #11

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. I'm glad they are blooming so nice for you. Glad you planted them in their own tubs. I wouldn't be able to say which was who's.

Beautiful blooms Jackie too. I'm happy to see everyone's mgs.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Jackie, your blooms are so pretty.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

love love love those blues, Jackie. You know I really like the blizzards, a lot! Thought we would get some rain tonight, but it looks like Joe might have to water tomorrow instead. Jackie remember neon pink no mai? It's out front!

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena, Linda and Debra.
Can't wait to see the no Mai. :-)

Helenas speckled,thank you for sharing sds with me Helena. It's having a difficult time opening and I don;t know why.
LYK with specks
Lovely Pink Frost

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I don't know why so many blooms want to stay closed, this year has been bad about that.
Didn't have time to check on my blooms today, missed them all. Been raining off and on all day.

Thanks Helena.
We lucked out and missed the rain yesterday and today so far. but it's coming this weekend and on into next week. Like you we've already had way too much and just need a break b4 it kills my plants.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2016 4:52 AM

I'll take your rain. I sure hope I get to see that beautiful LYK up close here. Yours is so pretty, as is the speckles and the Pink Frost. I was only able to see a few this am, but Joe said there were all kinds of special glorys open, this am *sigh* I'm working tomorrow, maybe Sunday I can see what he is talking about.

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. I'm sorry you are missing seeing all of them. You ought to sweet talk you DH to take pictures of them for you.
Wish we could sent the rain to you, it was still sprinkling lightly this am. I don't think the rain is done here yet. Jackie, I hope I don't loose my mgs either, I know the ones in pots are waterlogged.

WOW! Look at all the awesome morning glories.

We got an inch of rain last night. Supposedly more coming this next week. Sure did drop the temp, and it feels good.

Helena, you might want to carry some of your mg's to the g house until most of the rain has passed, a week or so. I;ve never seen anything like this flooding
Debra, beautiful blooms, # 2 looks like Purple Fuji, # 3 looks like Pres Bush,
# 4 reminds me of my spec mg from last yr, the pattern and the color.
# 5 No Mai??
I have so many blooms today, one of them is special, saving it to start the new thread
Blue silk
Pink Frost or # 4
Aogakiyama, this one came out of the sds from Aog, consistent blooms last summer
My spec unknown mg
This was an unknown volunteer, coming up in another pot, would have been a beautiful Mauve splash, had to open by hand

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful morning glories Jackie. They are all special, to die for!!! Love them!! I'm sure you will get more blooms from Mauve Splash that will open.
I think my mgs got a chance to dry out a bit today. Some of them are in really big heavy pots, too hard for me to move them into my green house. I was still untangling them today. I see maybe hopefully tomorrow I might get a nice bloom or two.

Thank you Helena. I forgot your glories are in larger pots than I use. I know they weigh a ton. Hopefully we won;t get all the rain they're calling for.
Mine are all tangled and I;m not going to untangle, just too much work.
Hope you get some nice blooms tomorrow.

Blue silk is awesome, and that pink frost just stands out so brightly. Aog is really different. I am glad you recognize your blooms, Jackie, since most of the ones I planted are either from you or Helena. :D Problem is, I planted some large pots of potatoes and they didn't do well, so I planted morning glorys, then gave them tomato cages, they are around the tomato patch, and between the volunteer purps and the pandy going crazy there everything is all tied up .. so the tomatoes are twining right up the sunflowers with the morning glorys, what a mess. I had to pull out a ton of purps from the front flower bed, they had my begonias, and other plants all tangled up, at least i got to see what color, it was the white purp. Supposed to be from a pack of ensign blue bush glory, but clearly they were mot the kind I thought they were.. went out a bit ago and the lavender moon vine is open everywhere, but I don't see any of the white that I planted. can't wait for morning, hoping to see some of those special glorys, Joe doesn't have a cell phone and when he takes pics it is usually too late in the day. I'll have to ask him to get some shots this next week. Wish it would rain here!

Thanks Debra.
Eager to see your Lav Moon vine. I have a pink one that's never bloomed.
So much work to untangle that I;m just not going to do it,. Will mark a few blooms'for sd gathering and not worry about the rest. I don't know how you do all that you do.
Choc silk

Edited to say the 2nd bloom is Blushing Bride and not Pink Porcelain

This message was edited Aug 14, 2016 9:18 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful Choco Silk Jackie. I like that the center of the bloom is darker. Gorgeous Pink Porcelain, any chance that it could be Blushing Bride? I know that BB has huge blooms.
I have at least 2 nice blooms, one is new. My other ones all this year have this type of defect when they open. Disappointing blooming year for me.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Jackie and Helena, those blooms are beautiful.
We have received about 3 inches of rain the past 2 days. Sure is nice, and the temps are in the 80's.

This message was edited Aug 14, 2016 2:49 PM

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Helena, I just now noticed since you mentioned it that the large bloom I;m calling
PP is completely different from the PP I';ve had blooming. I bet it is BB, I did start one but don't see the tag, I'll look sometime today if I can.
Absolutely gorgeous blooms for you today Helena. Each one is a beauty in its own right,. # 2 is pretty with the unusual coloration. I love the little Kikyou # 1
Love 3,.4 and 5 too
To the new thread. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1430413

This message was edited Aug 14, 2016 2:14 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.