Red dot

Other. (tell us!)
(6 votes, 15%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

so far this year too wet and too hot.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

WEIRD!!!! hot, cold, warm, wet and dry, you never know what you're going to get and the weathermen usually can't get it right.....very strange weather this year

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

All of the above plus some, all at the same time mostly...

Casa Grande, AZ

I'll give you 3 guess what I voted! :D

In case you can't figure it out the pics below should state the obvious.
AG

Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1
Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Quote from Agavegirl1 :
In case you can't figure it out the pics below should state the obvious.

Fortunately for you, your air conditioner can pull a 40-degree cool down. That is about twice what our AC can do. Fortunately our highs have been in the mid 90's.

And I thought it was hot when we lived in Fort Worth. Even given that you experience a "dry heat", that is just too hot.

I can't help noticing the rather small number of responses to this subject.

Casa Grande, AZ

Was a surreal experience. The 122 was a new record! Been like this all month. Back to 'normal' at 108 today. Yes...99-110 is normal for end of June- mid July.

Our air does work and will run endlessly but our bank account less so. Usual indoor temp for summer air conditioning is 78-80 degrees. Believe it or not this is pretty cool. 'Off peak' usage hours we may splurge and go nutz-o at 76-78. Believe it or not this is bordering on the cold!

Humidity is low here and typically 2-13%. Today is 24% and we're dripping wet as it rained day before yesterday and promises to rain Friday. Sorry folks with the 60-80% humidity but when you're used to 2-13% well 24% is torture.
AG

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

In Central Florida, and I say Central since north, and south can be quite different, we have been much drier than normally and therefore much hotter. June is typically one of our heavier rain months. There are always pop up showers from the east and west sea breezes colliding in the later afternoon, so it is hit or miss who gets the rain.
Rain can cool us a good twenty degrees.
We've had many days this month from mid to upper 90's, heat index over 100.

Casa Grande, AZ

Have relatives in Ocala, FL I had to visit in early June. OMG how do you guys do it with all that humidity???? Phew! I took 3 showers a day. One in the a.m., one in the middle of the day because I was a sticky mess and one in the evening from the rain.

Although I'm sure your reaction would be the exact same here when the blast furnace heat hit you and you were drinking 10 bottles of water every hour.

All relative I guess.

Will confess in FL my skin never looked better. My hair on the other hand...well thank goodness for headbands!

Beautiful plants down there also that I wish I could grow here.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

My hair loves humidity, turns to limp silk with ferocious static in dry heat. Me however, likes a bit of moderation in temp and humidity! I always loved watching the cloud manufacturing after a soaking rain in high heat in the areas around Tucson....

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Ocala not too far from me an hour north....we love to camp there at any of the springs.

I lived in that dry heat in S. Calif. and have to say when I moved to FL the humidity took some getting used to for sure. AC is your best friend.

When I first moved here from Calif I couldn't stop watching the clouds form in the sky, to this day they still fascinate me.This time of year my fav thing to do is lie on a raft in a pool and watch the clouds. ;-)

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Quote from kittriana :
All of the above plus some, all at the same time mostly...

ROFL We have days like that sometimes, too!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

It's too dry here in NH! It's been an awful summer for our plants! Since most of NH is rural - we don't have the ability to water for very long or our wells will dry up! So my poor plants are suffering....and when rain is forecasted....it's only happening in short spurts when usually we get rains for hours! I used to live in TX and this summer reminds me of how it used to rain there....just for about 10min and then gone and dry like it never happened! UGH....and we have slight chance of rain on Tuesday (20%) and then nothing for another 10 days! AHHHH

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.