Is anything blooming in your garden now?

(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 43 votes:

My spring bulbs like daffodils, crocus and snowdrops are blooming.
(9 votes, 20%)
Red dot

I have flowering shrubs like forsythia and flowering quince blooming.
(7 votes, 16%)
Red dot

My plum, cherry and dogwood trees are blooming.
(6 votes, 13%)
Red dot

If anything is blooming it is doing it under the snow!
(2 votes, 4%)
Red dot

Some, or all of the above.
(13 votes, 30%)
Red dot

We don't have spring where I live, it is always summer.
(5 votes, 11%)
Red dot

I'm south of the equator and it is now fall.
(1 votes, 2%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Forsythia is blooming and so are the Azaleas. The Dogwood next door is now in full bloom.

Canton--Football HOF, OH(Zone 6a)

After a stretch of mild temperatures, our spring bulbs are blooming, and our daylilies are sprouted, but our temps have dropped, and we've had some snow. Things will remain cold with slight chances of snow for the next week! A typical Spring in Northeast Ohio!

Beautiful, BC(Zone 8b)

I just moved to a new home and the apple, pear and forsythia are in bloom while the plum have finished. Tons of Bluebells and daffs blooming away. I look forward to enhancing what's here.

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

My daffys are up but they sent a sparrow in to ask me for thermal underwear.

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Most of the daffodils have bloomed but I still have several late-bloomers hanging on. Redbuds are finished. Dogwoods have been gorgeous this year, and azaleas are almost at their peak.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Tulips blooming and crabapple tree. Pear tree (not Bradford) finishing up. Lots of dandelions and violets blooming too!

Casa Grande, AZ

It was 98 degrees yesterday! Did anyone happen to notice the calendar said March 6th? !!! Yeah...can't wait for June, July and August in good 'ol AZ. Things, however, are blooming like crazy. Here's some for you.

Enjoy them while you can for they are fleeting. Range from just a few days to about 3 months but they do bloom repeatedly. Only thing is after this short time frame you won't see any blooms again until next year. :{

Last and only blooms to be seen anywhere in AZ for the year will be from May through June when the Saguaro bloom.

Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1
Casa Grande, AZ

Here's the newest. Stay tuned folks! The red and cream flowering plants below are the same red and cream flowering plants above.

Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1 Thumbnail by Agavegirl1
Concord, CA(Zone 9b)

Geez, there's so much blooming in the yard right now, it would take up zillions of bits or bytes or whatevers to list them. After several years of drought, we have had a normal amount of rain and the Quingdom garden is rejoicing. So, "Some or all of the above and more, more, more"!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Not south of the equator, but hqd no winter this year, my amaryllis are blooming...

Casa Grande, AZ

More desert blooms. The first 3 pics are of my neighbor's plants. Thought they were spectacular.

The last 2 pictures of Octopus Agave I saw in a public parking lot. They were growing their stalks. These stalks grow exponentially about 1 foot or so every 7-10 days!!!

Right now the desert is on plant crack. Soon after mid May to early June we go comatose and have no action until next year. :[ Makes me envy you guys with seasons.

Casa Grande, AZ

And just because they're soooo cool here's a few more pics of the Octopus Agave with their stalks in various stages of growth. Last two photos are of an Aloe Ferox, also in a public parking lot. There's some serious plant crack problem out here. Luckily we don't consider it a bad epidemic! :D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.