Tomatoes for 2016

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Mortgage Lifter, Banana Legs, and Sungold same as last year and the year before.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Majority of mine will be Arbason . Great tomato & in hoophouse never stops bearing fruit until frost in Oct - Nov. Pick the green ones before they freeze & have tomatoes until New Years.
https://www.harrisseeds.com/collections/tomato/products/11231-tomato-arbason-f1?variant=28918362001

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Many interesting choices so far, some I've never heard of.
Please remember at season's end to tell us how they grew and what they tasted like!

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Has anyone ever grown Black Vernissage? I received some free seed from Rare Seeds (Baker's) with my order, so of course I had to try them. My goodness, they all germinated, as advertised, and they are really healthy seedlings.

They are a small-ish golf-ball or slightly larger size and some reviews say they are a bit mealy but good for sauces, so it won't be a total loss for me if that's all I get from them. Let me know what you think if you've had any experience, especially in the southeast.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Started Seed:
Cherokee Purple
Gold Medal
Moldovan Green
Kellog's Breakfast

The top two are our favorites! :)

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Here is a list of what I have sown this year, which were just sown on 3/9. I did not use heat this time. I was surprised at how quickly they emerged.

Variety Source Year Quantity

Amish Paste Cherry Gal 2010 0/3
Black Krim Patti 2009 3/3
Blue Beauty Tatiana 2013 6/6
Cour di Bue Patti 2009 3/3
Jaune Flamme Julianna 2011 4/6
Kellogg's Breakfast Pinetree 2002 1/3
Linnie's Oxheart Trade 2010 3/3
OSU Blue Patti 2010 6/6
Pink Brandywine Trade 2009 1/3
Pink Ping Pong Patti 2010 3/3
Roma (for DH) Pinetree 2010 3/3
San Marzano Lampadina Pinetree 2010 2/3
Snowberry Poisondartfrog 2013 2/3
Sungold Trade ? 0/1
Sungold Select Tatiana 2014 2/2
Yellow Pear (for Su) Pinetree 2003 2/3

So you see, I had only one seed left of Sungold, and I did purchase a seedling from the nursery. It is sitting on my back porch, as it is too cold and wet to plant quite yet. It snowed this morning, on our way to town, so I usually wait until May to put them out. I did cover the Sungold which was already outside acclimated, and put it closer to the house. That will most likely be the one I will start eating, and yes, when they are ripe, I usually eat most in the garden for a snack, although, later in the season, there might be too many to eat. It is our favorite one to put in salads.

I made this into a chart, but the default program here, put them all together.

This message was edited Mar 22, 2017 9:28 PM

Here they are. A bit scrawny to start.

Thumbnail by evelyn_inthegarden

I just realized that this thread was about tomatoes started in 2016. Should we start a new one for 2017?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread for 2017;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1439425/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.