New Baby in the MAG

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Hello all you MAGer's. Most of you may remember me announcing a new baby coming around last Christmas. Unfortunately, a short time later I was telling you that we had lost it. Well it's been a long journey and another lost baby later Darcy is pregnant again. This time looks to be the real deal though. She was only 7-8 weeks the first time and 3 weeks along the second miscarriage. This time she is 15 weeks pregnant and things are progressing nicely. We waited extra long to tell everyone this time. Our big ultrasound and sex reveal appointment is 12/17 with the dr. followup 12/21 where she will explain everything to us. Right now the dr. puts her due date at 5/11. May has always been my favorite month :-)

So now you all know and we will need the support for the next 25 weeks and beyond. Darcy is showing too, which is cool to see. We are still a little nervous given what's happened previously but the dr. says that the chances of a miscarriage this far along are extremely minimal.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Another MAGer on the the way, Yeah, So happy for you both.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful news. What an exciting Christmas of anticipation for you both, and a very special May for next year. So happy for you.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

WOOHOO!!!!! Praising God for your news

Washington, DC

What bright news! Very happy for you.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Jeff, I am so glad for you and Darcy!!!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Jeff and Darcy--That is wonderful news!!!
Seems Mother Nature sometimes needs a couple "dry runs" to get it right.

By May 11th--your lives will change forever. Brace yourselves!!!
Yes! May is a popular month for Birthdays.
Most sisters and brothers in my Ex-Hubbies family have Birthdays in May.

I am so happy for you both! Wishing you smooth sailing until........and beyond!

Hugs--Gita

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the support guys!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing the news! 12/17 is a lucky day for the test- our anniversary. But we'll continue to send extra good mojo for smooth sailing. How is Darcy feeling?

I say- girl. I just picture you with a girl baby. Gawd, you will be an adorable daddy. We already know Darcy is adorable.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Oh sweet that it's on your anniversary. How many years? 25? I am hoping for a girl but either will be a great blessing for sure.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

YAY! Congrats, Jeff! Such happy news! :D

close... 27.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Happy happy happy dancing here!!! We'll have an extra thankful Thanksgiving here in the MAG. Nothing sweeter than a new baby, that's for sure!

Big congratulations to both of you, with prayers for smooth sailing for the next 20 or 30 years...

:-)

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

That is wonderful news, Jeff! Congrats to you and Darcy!

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks you all. Hopefully Darcy will come to the seed swap and you can all see her belly.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Congratulations to both of you! Wouldn't it be cool if your baby was born on Mother's Day (May 8th next year)?

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

That would be something Muddy! Another woman in our house church is pregnant too and she is also due in mid-May, maybe a week or so after us. It's pretty cool for Darcy to be able to be pregnant with someone else.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

What absolutely wonderful news! I hope you are taking pictures of Darcy as her baby bump grows. You guys will be great parents and I'm sure if you have any questions there is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips here.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

You know, I didn't think to take pics of her baby bump as time goes. Maybe we'll do that. Thanks :-)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

This is one of my favorites.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/475833516849629717/

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Haha, that's great! There's some good ones on there for sure.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

ROTFLMAO What a neat idea. Thanks Pat.

(Marta) Frederick, MD

Yeah for good news. Sending more sticky baby dust your way!

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

Oh my what good news! Congratulations Jeff and Stacy God bless you and yours.

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks ladies.

We went to the doc yesterday because Darcy has been experiencing some abdominal discomfort for the last couple weeks. The doc did the dopplar, heartbeat was fine. She thinks it's either round or broad ligament pain and dubbed it as 'growing pains' and nothing to be worried about. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, our next appt is 12/17.

Oh, SO glad everything's ok!!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

whew!

So, I was shopping online at Disney last weekend, and a tiny shirt hopped into my cart... blue, but with flowers... guess I'm hoping for a girl! but figured Jeff might let a son wear a flowered shirt.

Does Darcy realize your kid will have a bunch of extra aunts & uncles? "Garden Aunts," Joyanna says... :-)

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Dibs on being the first Garden Aunt to hold the baby : - )

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Think I'll mud wrestle you for that opportunity, muddy! Hehehehehe

Will continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll jump in to the fray - what a sight it would be to see us all mud wrestling, could be the MA event of the century ha ha ha.

So glad everything is ok. Looking forward to hearing the results of the next apt if that is the one where you get an idea of boy or girl and if you choose to let the cat out of the bag :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I hate to tell all you guys this but Ric and I are much closer than any of you. We might actually get over to see the baby before it's first Plant Swap. LOL

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Haha Jan and Aspen, although we need to keep in mind that new parents might not want the little one around muddy people! I boiled my first one's pacifier if it hit the ground, but when the second daughter's pacifier hit New York City sidewalks, I'd brush it off and give it back to her. The only time I refused was when it fell in a crosswalk and a Mack truck ran over it.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

All the MAFers could lay bets on the outcome of such a mud-wrestling contest - with the proceeds contributing to college ed nest egg for the cone-to-be...

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

Haha, you guys are too funny! I found some funny gardening clothes in a quick Google search. Some of them are pretty funny but it's crazy how much they cost.

http://www.cafepress.com/+gardening+baby-clothing

Critter, I'd totally let a boy wear something with a flower!

Thanks for all the laughs :-)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Pick one you like, and I'll do it for you... I've got paints and I'm not afraid to use them. No worries, I'll change the design enough that I won't violate the copyright.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Besides, you don't know this yet, but you totally need one of those long nightgowns with elastic at the bottom... total godsend when baby is having one of those days and it seems like you're putting on a new diaper every 15 minutes. A humorous design on the front of it would be a good thing. :-)

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

That site has great adult shirts, too, ranging from very mainstream to "GARDENING....It comes in handy when you need to hide the bodies." LOL

Lititz, PA(Zone 6b)

I love that shirt!!! I've seen it around the internet before.

Critter, I am not looking forward to those constant diaper changes. I never thought of a nightgown for the baby. I like the ones that talk about the baby's compost pile...LOL or the one that says 'I wet my plants'!! ROFL!!

Matching for Dad and Baby, of "Plays In Dirt "!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

There are some cute ones there.I can think of a couple more for dad and baby, but they may be a bit risque.LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.