November Weather, Ready for winter ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A place to record your daily weather facts.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Weater facts, and probably some fictions, too. ;-)

They are calling for a high of 86F. Things are supposed to change for next week with temps in the 70s and supposedly some 40s at night (believe it when I see it). There is a 40% chance of a micro trace of rain tomorrow. Again, I'm skeptical. I've seen that story before.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

What has happened is a fact. A forecast is a big guess!

Fact: 11:20 AM - Sunny, calm, 53º.

Fact: Migrating Blackbirds in a tree here this morning, 2 months late ?

Fact: Gaillardia blooming in my tree line. Huh?

Fact: No killing frost here yet, coldest was 32º.

Amazing, Halloween 1991, we had a big blizzard with snow staying until spring.

Only in Minnesota!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I remember when weather reports were laughed at, and they only closed school if there was actual snow on the ground, or a State of Emergency declared by the Governor. Nowadays they will cancel not just school but pro football games and "important" stuff based on weather reports. They seem much more accurate.

And no, I am not ready for winter.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

No killing frost here either. In fact today was in the 70s and forcasters yesterday said we would have big wind today. There was barely a breeze even at the lake where a couple dogs turned my legs into jello. lol

Ready for winter! Bring on the rain!

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

At Austin Airport (ABIA) this is the wettest year ever recorded. We are still in a drought. : /.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

It got up to 90° here yesterday, and supposed to again today and tomorrow. Way above our normal for this time of year. Looks like no rain the rest of the week.

Sunkissed, I can sympathize with you. That is so Californian. All you probably lack is low humidity.

They are calling for a high of 70F today. Yes, that is 70F. Yay! There is a 25% chance of a trace of rain. I would like more than a trace, though. I'd like more than 25%, too.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70's today this day last year it was 24 degrees , lol
50's tonight ,

Praying for Snow ? yeah well , it's a thought ,

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

67 currently and riding high on a tide of blue. Great night last night and great day today. Blue skies to match the champion colors. :~)

Congrats, Pepper. I was rooting for them, too.

It was 46F this morning. We only got the smallest trace of rain though the roof was dripping all night. There was about 1/10 inch in the rain barrel. They are calling for a high of 68F, which should be nice. It is sunny out so I don't know if it will stay that cool.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

71 and sunny here at noon hour ,

71 and sunny sounds so nice.

I worked out in the jungle today, hacking back things, So dang hot. 86° now at 3:45 with 46% humidity. Low tonight 72°

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny, windy & 63º.

It was 76 here today. Foggy in the AM but the day was beautiful.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am not sure until my weather updates , but I believe we tied the all time record high of 78 degrees ,
74 tomorrow ,,51 tonight
Dew point is 48 ,

1 had to top the willow in the wires
2 a dandelion going to seed in November ,, your kidding ? but there it is ,lol

This message was edited Nov 3, 2015 8:54 PM

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Mid 70s for high and sunny once the fog burned off this morning.

It got down to 45F last night. They are calling for a high of 69F. I'm kind of chilly in the house but I'm still dressed for summer.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

78 yesterday all time record high
77 degrees now , tomorrow though is forecasting 71 , then 60;s and 50 . with 30 degree night temperatures return ,

62 currently and dark. Doesn't feel bad now that the wind's died down.

Copy and paste this for the next three days....72°/87°/72° sunny.

Oh, but it did rain good yesterday, so garden is happy.

This message was edited Nov 5, 2015 8:05 AM

Thumbnail by sunkissed

They are calling for a high of 72F today. No rain, but at least the temperatures will be below 80F.

69 for high and mostly cloudy. Had storms west of here but they broke up and fizzled in the middle where I was at before hitting us.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I went to sleep this evening , cloudy rain type day . almost got that record high of 77 degrees .
75 I believe was the high ,
Did not start raining steady and heavy until after dark and still is raining
65 degrees and rain now
that will be about the tomorrow

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

57 degrees sunny , 5-10mph winds , much colder feeling ,
For the first half of my time it had always been snowing about this time , so I'm not complaining , Global warming is not such a bad idea for my (me Thing)
I like the idea of becoming barely subtropical not what comes with it all though , lol

63 or so for high today with no breeze. Sunshine all day too. Forcasters kept saying high 50s for high and that was the high for the day as the temp in the corner shows 60 something. Rolling eyes here. lol

I'm subtropical. You don't want these summers.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli ,With shade trees , tropical greenery , humidity so high everyone would regurgitate ,
poison spider increase . more butterflies , more Hummingbirds .
Fewer colds , year round gardening ,
Sounds interesting to me anyway
I guess I could always to be relocated to the Georgia swamps , the Florida everglades ,or a southern wilderness area .
They usually call those Park Biologists , oh , well ,,sigh not much on working for the Big G though , nothing sinister intended ..

I'm dry subtropical, the the humidity and bugs aren't a problem, it's as hot as Hades in the summer, as you know. If you want a succulent collection, though, it is good for that.

They are calling for a high of 80F today. We have mild Santa Ana winds. I like it when they are strong enough to make the house creak. I don't know why I like that but I do.

It is finally cooling down here, it was in the 60s today. I've lived over 1/2 of my life in Granada Hills Ca. (near Kelli) and the other part here, in Tx. I still go back frequently. I'd take the summers in CA over Texas any day. At least it cools down at night and you don't have to go too far to get away from the heat. In Texas I'm just stuck with it. It's not very humid here but the bugs are terrible and it gets really cold in the winter.

It seems like the AC or heater is always on. Lol

Looks like we are finally going to get a break from the high heat, a mini front coming down today, so it will only be in the mid to lower 80's instead of low 90's. Today high 84° chance of rain later.

I too grew up in S. Cal. and the cool nights were always a nice reprieve, we never ran AC at night.

Hubs and I do a lot of camping in both FL and GA state and national parks, I have to say GA parks have wonderful housing set ups for employees, we were quite impressed. People are much more laid back in GA then down here in FL. That said, I wouldn't want to spend the summers in either GA or FL swamps. ;-)

Too many stress-out New Yorkers in FL. ;-)

They are calling for a high of 76F. No rain. That El Nada is turning into a real bust. (Nada is Spanish of for nothing.)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kelli I usually read that as Zilch Zero Nada Nothing ought ,,etc ,, lol
Yes all those Big City dwellers in the south is why I stay home for the snow , lol
55 and sunny 56 will be the high ? 30 for tonight 39 was our low last night
Sunset evening before last

Thumbnail by juhur7

55 currently. Still haven't had a hard freeze here yet. Very unusual not to have at least one hard frost by now.

They were wrong yesterday still got up to 88, the front seems to be lingering and not quite making its way here. Today 74°/85°/72° Good chance of rain.

At least most our "Snowbirds" flock together and live in the southern part of the state, it still gets too cold for them from Orlando up. ;-)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

33 this morning at 8;02 am cold , 56 later today
sunny
birds singing , pretty morning , trees are colorful .

They are calling for a high of 66F today. There is a 30% chance of a trace of rain.

Low 60s for high with temps this morning in the mid 30s when I went to work. I was cold until the sun came up and started warming things up nicely. lol. Live Christmas trees came in yesterday and there were still quite a few left this morning to put up. Still have pine needles hiding on me in places. lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.