Need a lil assistance

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Sherri,
A gazebo wouldn't work well cause it would have to gig and jog around the large 1/2 tree that's there. Don't think Charlie has the energy to build something like that now.

Some girls in my garden club said they used shade cloth. Maybe the cheapest alternative. Siting out there now is pretty hot in the sun. One gal told me to use umbrella's but that wouldn't work well either as I'd have to have a ton of them. My umbrella's out by the pool blow over in a wind.

It won't effect our electric bill cause it's no where near house. That's ashamed to cut down 50 year old trees.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I hate the fact that all the power companies do is take down. It should be a law that they have to replant and replant where they won't be in the way of power lines. Personally I never understood why all the electric lines aren't buried. Especially up north with all the ice storms and here with the hurricanes, oh wait, that would mean no overtime or job security and heaven forbid that customers never go without power.....

Time and time again I've seen such destruction of beautiful old trees removed for new roads, new/old power lines and never once were they replaced.

Makes me sick!

ok off my stool.

Jan

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

So sorry about that Bonnie, that was such a nice shady area and nothing cools you down in the sun like a big shade tree.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

The big palmy thing is a monstera, a kind of giant bush philodendron. Used as house plants up north a lot.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.