KEEP ME WARM SWAP

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

Uh.....did the ice cream melt, big sis?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Jax sent me dunkin donuts coffee,ginger snap tea, Lipton tea, a teapot with teacup, a throw that is very soft a hooded scarf, and a lighted Christmas room. I love all of it thank you seester

This message was edited Nov 25, 2015 12:21 PM

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

That is a nice box you got from Jax!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Oh that is so nice, love that cup and tea pot....how fun. Take a pic of your village lite up? I would love to see it.

So I thought today was Tuesday OMG! Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I thought I had another day....geehz.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm so sorry I'm late getting my box out, but I had trouble finding one to fit. I hope it's worth e wait...

However, I did get a fabulous box from my sis, Kathy. I haven't been able to get on the Internet or I would have posted sooner.

I got a really beautiful oil candle with lamp oil to go in it. I also got these huge matches to light that candle with. The greatest stemless wineglass that says, Merry (elfin) Christmas and some yummy white chocolate Irish Cream to go in the glass! She sent 3 little hot sauces, some Cafe Vienna international coffee, some warm slipper footies and I've saved the best till last!!! She MADE me....a crocheted scarf in Christmas colors! I just love this and can't wait to wear it. It's in the 60s here so I'll have to wait a bit!!

Thank you so much Sissy!! You made my day!

Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet Thumbnail by joycet
Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm on my way to the post office right now. Hopefully you'll have it by Saturday.

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, what pretty goodies! I see that many of us sent Christmas items and that's a warm feeling!
Please take a pic of the lighted Christmas room!
And JKJ, what a beautiful pic of the scarf! ♥

Did sum body say..IRISH creme? I wanna see the warm room too? Kin I come sit in it? What happened to ice cream? With everything warm....thoughT you could use sum brain freeze. Did it melt??????? HAPPY THANKSGIVING YALL!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Joyce, I talked with Jaye last night. She said she got her box, and sends many thanks for everything and the million bucks! As soon as she is feeling better and gets a new keyboard she will post here.

Joyce you look happy with your gifts, literately..what a great box.

Thank you Linda Kay, tomorrow will be a week and I was afraid maybe they didn't deliver it or....lol I had to laugh that she had a million bucks on her list and I just happen to have a million bucks just lying around...lol

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Spent the day with my 3 teenagers and they kept me laughing just about all day. We went to see the movie "A Good Dinosaur" and later went to Denny's for dinner. They loved having Mom all to themselves! And I loved just being with them! ♥

Joyce, that was very clever of you to send a million bucks! LOL

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Gosh! All you have to do is ask for a million bucks and you get it!?!? I had no idea! I WANT a million bucks!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and was thankful for friends and DG!

I'm enjoying my new candle and wine glass ;-). I haven't tapped in to the white chocolate Irish cream yet... I'm thinking about mixing it with Kahlua. :o}

Yeap Joyce that is all you gotta do is ask...lol I don't have a pic of it, it was an advertisement from the Amish up in Jamesport, on one side looks like a million dollar bill, (I guess cause I have never seen one, nor no if there is such a thing) and other is an ad. I had to send it to her...lol Told her to save it not to spend it, since we hadn't heard from her I was afraid she had started spending and the long arm of the guys had gotten her...lol

It is so cold and rainy here, your white chocolate irish cream sounds really good right now.
I haven't had kahlua in years... I need something in hot chocolate... ;)

Bailey's Irish Cream is good in coffee.

Ocean Springs, MS

It's good in fudge, too! Yummy! Will you share the recipe? Please!

Did sum body call my name? I heard Bailey!

BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM FUDGE
24 oz milk chocolate chips ( 2 - 12 oz.pkgs.)
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
14 oz marshmallow cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 c bailey's irish cream
4-1/2 c granulated sugar
12 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 lb butter or margarine

1 bag of chopped pecans or walnuts are optional. Can be added to the mixture, or sprinkled on top of fudge after it is poured in the pan.

Directions Step-By-Step
1 In a very large bowl, combine the milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chips, marshmallow cream, vanilla, and Bailey's Irish Cream. Set aside.

2 Line a 10 x 15" baking pan with foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray. And line with waxed paper.

3 In a medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar, condensed milk, and butter. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Cook slowly and stir constantly for 10 minutes.

4 Pour the hot mixture into the bowl with the chips. Stir slowly by hand to combine. It is important to do this step by hand NOT with a mixer. Stir for approx. 2-3 minutes.

5 Pour fudge into greased pan and chill to set.

When fudge is set, turn it over onto counter on freezer paper or foil, and remove waxed paper, then cut to the size needed.

Joyce, I got your box today! WOW! I love all you sent! Thanks so much!

I hope you can see the plush blanket under the goodies. That blanket will keep me warm for sure. I also got a box of hot chocolate, marshmallows, a sample pack of Baileys, a huge mug to enjoy the hot chocolate, a warm pair of sock, and a pair of gardens gloves. These gloves are also excellent for quilting.

Thanks so much Joyce! This is an awesome box!

Thumbnail by taters55
Ocean Springs, MS

oh, what a great box of goodies, Linda Kay! Thanks for the recipe!

Joyce, where did you get the samples of Bailey's? I'd like to get some!

....me too!

OH HEAVEN! Received a box from Jaye last night, but jist opening it. And WOW! She sent the perfect purple and white crochet shawl. (Would love to get a pattern for that stitch) Also one of my fav movies..A Christmas Story! My fav spice....TONY'S! Sirracha's...can'T wait to try that. A box of cocoa, a huge box of Ferrero chocolates...way to me heart! Oh, almost forgot, I saw the tag...BETTER THAN SEX CAKE, was tearing box up looking for cake! Instead, found better for me..a candle that smells like cake! Lol! So, all my fav things...you did soo good Lil heaven...with a tear in my eye...I thank you!

Thumbnail by jsxtiger
Ocean Springs, MS

Very nice and warm box, Jax! Shawl is very pretty. Wish I could smell that candle! After 3 years of no dating, I need something better than sex! LOL

Had, that is a wonderful box of goodies from Jaye. Those shawls are so warm and comfy.

Congrats on the box, wow. That shawl is beautiful. Way to stay warm.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Sorry I'm just now checking in! Life, you know???

LK, I'm so glad you liked your box! I had a hard time finding a box that I could get that fluffy throw in!

The Baileys came from Meijer. I think all four bottles are a different flavor of Baileys. I know you are all going to throw things at me, but I don't care for Baileys. It's just too sweet for me. I do however like Kahlua and I may try LK's fudge with that instead!! It makes so much though, I'd definitely have to share!!!

Hope you're all staying warm!!

...ya need to duck when ya say that, joyce!
Hey, big sis...where is a pic of that warm room?

That throw is so warm and comfy.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

All of katgroves items were delivered as of Nov 12.

Kathy will post soon. She lost bet Mom, and just needs some time.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I know she did. I'm not anxious about that at all. I was asked if I finished mailing her packages and I did. The last was delivered Nov 12 so I posted the date.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.