Morning Glories 2015 #12

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1402663

Plum Gray Smoke

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Marking my spot for the show of beautiful morning glories.

Gautier, MS

Love your gray smoke mg Jackie.

Nothing new here this morning except for those huge caterpillars munching on the nicotiana leaves.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Love your mg's Helena especially the pretty shiboris,
Great pic of your cats.
Purple no Mai
Lav Mist
Choc Silk

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Morning everyone.

Beautiful blooms to wake up to. Love the caterpillar too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.

Love your beautiful blooms Jackie. Really nice colors.

My only nice bloom, never know what it'll do, purple-pinkfusion.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, that is beautiful!

Stunning bloom helena,. Love all the pretty colors its showing,.
Helena, do you think this could be a PP x Choc Bliz cross??? It has a little blizzard going on.
Ukigumo
Helena, your last sd of BMN making 2 diff blooms, very unusual
carrion flower.
Azuremores? from Helena

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. your carrion flower is very neat.
It's possible that it could be PP x Choco Bliz cross. You'll have to see if the next blooms will have white stripes and bliz. Jackie, that must be a different vine of BMN, right? Yes, I got two different colors when I grew out the seeds. One vine had Blue Silk color and the other made the dark purple blooms. Both had dark seeds. Sometimes it's hard to figure out nature.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Wow, I go out of town and come home to you new thread and a bounty of beauty. I love them all, Jackie and Helena. Dear Helena, would you like a start of carrion flower? Mine is ready to divide again.

It looks the same as Jackies.. Linda got one from me last year and hers bloomed... right LK?

Got to see Joanna, she drove around the parking lot in my Honda.. just to refresh her memory what it feels like to drive, I could not believe how far she walks back and forth to work, over 2 miles of up and down hills..

a few blooms that greeted me this am.. the first one is Joanna, my favorite flower.. LOL
Blue from Jackie? Purple star from Helena?, new Jaimie Lynn Cross, perfect Oriheime from Ebay..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Kokhan or pretty Pink from Jackie .. silver shadows from Jackie? Blushing Bride, Jackie? White "floating cloud" Ona lee..ebay, Purple from Helena..

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Pink and white for Jackie

by the way, the second blue and white in your last set,Ukigumo? Jackie, is the most beautiful bloom ever.. and Helena, that neon purple you have? Outstanding!

Helena, I think I remember planting PP cross in the big tub, I hope thats what I;ve got.
and that it makes sds. :-)
That was my last sd out of the original sds of BMN you sent me. 2 diff colors on one vine. Pretty neat.
Deb, nice to finally see a pic of Joanna ,she's cute,
That blue out of Lite blue TD is gorgeous, shimmering like Blue Satin. Purple Star out of Helenas sds is a beauty. Kohkan is gorgeous on the 2nd row but I love all of these
blooms. Beautiful breathtaking pinks on the 3rd row.,
Hoping Ukigumo makes sds and I'll save you some,.

Thumbnail by patootie

Debra, why does she not drive? I love her glasses.

Goodness, look at all the beautiful blooms you have.

Jackie, your purple bloom is awesome.

love that purple.. is it a splash or a blizzard? I never know the difference.. Joanna is my mini me but she is taller, She has fear of driving dying.. hard to explain.. going to save u seeds of those pink and whites.. and any others you all want..
Linda. Joanna has about 50 pairs of sunglasses... LOL

Debra, wish I knew what it is. I planted a Mauve Splash and a Sazanami and the Aog x M Splash cross. Lost my tag when i repotted. I need to take time to go in my older photos and look at the saz's. Its the color on this one that gets me, same as Mauve Splash, without looking exactly like MS.
I understand Joanna's fear of dying while driving. I;m terrified to come to a standstill on top of a bridge and afraid a big semi will slam into my car out on the highway. I guess we all have our phobia's
Plum Surprise
Ukigumo
BMN? out back in lg tub
Begonia Maurice Amey
Blue Lavender Beauty

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, you would post all my favorites in the blues today, but for the life of me, I don't see the Plum in Plum surprise. ;D I sure hope I get some blues like you are getting, I am thinking I will but not till later, cuz I planted so many a couple weeks ago.. Can't wait to see Helena's new seedlings producing, she has a regular factory going on there..
by the way, that begonia is most beguiling,.,,, I'm wanting to send you my poor Don Miller.. when it cools down I'm sending you that one and Helena her carrion flower start.
STILL AT WORK, CAN'T WAIT TO GET THIS DAY done :p

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Debra. Great to see all your blooms and the special one of your daughter.

Love your beautiful blooms Jackie. I'm enjoying them all, quite a show.

I got to get some of my seedlings into bigger pots yesterday and today. So maybe they will grow better.

My blooms don't come anywhere close to the beauties both of you posted. I'm working on spraying the bugs on mine too and pinching the leaves off too.

Jackie and Helena, your blooms are beautiful.

Debra, yes you sent me the starfish plant, and it is about to bloom for the 2nd time.

Thanks ladies
Debra, funny about Plum Surprise, it opens blue and fades to plum in the afternoon,
thus the name,
Helena has enough new seedlings going to keep us entertained all winter,. I'm having'a horrible
time so wont get to plant a many as I hoped for. My greenhouse is in such bad shape it needs to be rebuilt. I know DH doesn;t feel like doing all that's needed. Whatever we do it has to be started soon,, once Sept gets here, we could have a frost at any time,
Love your beautiful blue mg Helena and the lovely passion flower.
lll try to start you one of these Begonias Debra. This one is as bad as Don Miller, even the rain water can cause it to get mildew.(leaves staying too wet)

Dear Jackie, Please do not start me a begonia, I will just kill it :P I get much enjoyment from looking at others begonias.. :D
Helena that is a beautiful Blue silk and Love the passion vine, mine is smothered in mgs so now I know to keep it free..
Joe and I went for a walk tonight, I was outback cutting down rogue vines from the fence.. the dogs to the north of me pulled down the madame galen trumpet vine in the northwest corner, the whole top half of it was tangled with sweet autumn clematis, morning glorys and sweet pea, now it is all on their side of the yard everywhere, so I told Joe just go ahead and cut it back, they can clean up that mess in their yard. we had two inches of hard rain while I was in kc so everything is laid down and catty wompus anyway.. I think I am done with the gardens ... :P
we have not even started on cleaning the basement for the plants, I told Joe we need to bring some stuff inside before we leave for Buffalo, no one here to take care of it outside this year.. the second pic is the before the dog attack in that corner back there.. I will take a pic tomorrow of the left overs from them.. my gaura is huge out front... I had no idea how big it would get from a few seeds I found out in the country.. it occupies a large area on the south east side and was covered with honey bees the other day.. it over powers the rose of sharon! last pic is how tall it was before I cut it back a few weeks earlier.. it was as tall as the house! out in the country, it must have gotten mowed in the ditches,,, now I know.. LOL

Sorry about the dogs destroying your NE corner Debra.. Not nuch you can do now but cut it down,.
I don't like to think about Fall approaching since we had such a horrible winter last time...
I hope we get to enjoy some lovely fall days b4 the cold stuff arrives. We have to be
prepared though in case it turns off cold early.. I had
no idea the Gaura could get that big either..I thought it was a small grower
Partial to your 1st pic with the beautiful purple blooms..

This message was edited Aug 26, 2015 3:12 PM

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

My morning glories are giving me a few lovely blooms every morning.

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf

Those are beautiful.

yes they are! I love heavenly blue, I have some growing this year, love those blues.
Thanks, Jackie, it is okay, the vine will grow back.. It has crawld all over the fence line, anyway, and set down roots. going to dig some up and re-locate it..

My rebecca was in that mess, tho. :P

Helena, you;ve had beautiful blooms all season. Your bloom on Aug 24 wth the multi colors is the prettiest thing I've seen all season.
Debra, absolutely lovely blooms from you too this summer. Forgot to note that your 2nd bloom on the 2nd set, also Aug 24, is not Silver Shadows.
Cytf, thank you for sharing your pretty blue MG's.
Lovely new blooms Debra. love the hummingbird vine and your pretty purps

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Enjoying your wildflowers and purpureas Debra.

Pretty blue mgs Cytf.

Jackie that was a neat bloom I had. I had to help open the blue silk cross this morning. Only the purps are blooming now.It will be awhile before I get blooms from the seedlings.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms to wake up to this morning.

Helena, what is your last picture?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda, the last Pic is of one of my salvias, probably Betsy's Choice. I don't know if the label tag is still one the pot.

Thank you tatters55 and helenahkh ,I stated the MG s indoors and boy they have given me a run for my money ,lol At last I am getting blooms .My fence the full of the wild ones that the birds brought but this is a picture of them closed up .

Thumbnail by cytf

Love all your blooms Helena. but that 2nd one with white and blue split colors is amazing..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I thought that bloom was neat too, kind of shows possibly what was crossed with what.

I had missed this bloom on my first walk but it's a neat one too, tag says from Karen's purple speckled.

I spotted blooms of the wild Pandy along the road and just had to stop and take a pic.
Wish it came out better,but glad it's blooming its heart out and hasn't been chopped off yet.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love the purple speckled Helena.
# 4 is coming out of Aogakiyama. Don;t know how that happened, the previous blooms have all looked like Aogakiyama

Helena your salvia is beautiful. I didn't plant any this year, so seeing yours really makes me smile. I love the way your purp cross takes on the blue denim look on one half.

you speckled looks like it was a large flower bloom..

Jackie, what is number 1 ? It looks familiar. number 2 looks like it has some chocolate in it.

Got up early today and caught the wild morning glories in full bloom . My neighbor loves it ,he could not believe that I did not plant them.The one that I planted are not as showy as the wild ones. Lol

Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf Thumbnail by cytf

very pretty!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra.

Your blooms are beautiful Jackie. The colors are really nice, very vivid on MS and your Aogakiyama is neat too.

Debra, I have quite a few salvias that I've been growing in pots the last couple of years. I've been wanting to get them into the ground this year and just cover them with leaves for the winter....but have not got around to do it yet.

Nice blooms C. nice when they reseed from previous years!

A few blooms from this morning. So this is one of the bugs that likes to munch on blooms.
A milky way cross? The pink purpurea makes both kinds of blooms, spit and regular.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2015 7:26 AM

I LOVE that cross.. hope it sets some seeds.. I've noticed a few of my pink purps splitting, too, Helena,, only in the pinks? I love them either way, it is always such a surprise every morning.

Morning everyone! I love all those beautiful blooms!

I am back from San Antonio, back surgery is in October!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.