August 2015 Insect World Reigns!

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Oh Betti what a rough day you had doing all that, the physical and emotional both. Glad you found someone to take it all to. Alot less time involved.

Patti I had one of those propeller plants I thought it was so cool. Searched all over this year for another but couldn't find one.

Been busy like you all, tax classes started back up so I took 4 classes last week and 2 classes this week. I need to take the test on the ones last week. Probably do that Tuesday evening when everyone is quiet.

I pretty much quit mailing plants also. Just because I am so lazy and it takes so much time. Our gardening group is having the first annual plant swap and harvest dinner Monday night. If I ever get another brilliant idea I want someone to slap me...rofl. A friend is going to help me make egg plant lasagna....don't have any idea what it is going to taste like...got to love adventure. Course with alot of melted cheese anything taste good...rofl.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I can't wait for that cool down and rain. I need to weed my sunny bed but when I tried today the plants resisted which tells me the ground is hard again. Rain and cooler weather will help. Need to whack the irises back too. Was going to today but the breeze isn't enough to make up for the heat so I didn't mess with them. Just weeded one shaded bed and planted 3 bushes on the north side of the house before calling it quits.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Flying by with another busy day! I read, but no time to comment.

We had a copper pipe leaking and I had to pull all the Christmas boxes out of this little closet. Then DH had to take the back wall off to get to the water heater. He got it fixed altho it took most of the day. He broke the rules with copper and put pipe tape on to stop the leak. It just wasn't sealing and he went as tight as he dared. All is well now and the Christmas boxes are back where they belong.

The next day I left with a school friend to meet up with another school friend and we made a day of it. DH hung the laundry I started before I left. He also took it down, folded it and put it away :o)

I came home to find he brought the grandsons here.

Yesterday we took them out to eat, to buy school clothes and then took them home. The twins were so hoping we were taking them home after. We'll do that Friday.

Today we need to run to town for a few non-grocery things and I need to deal with tomatoes and cukes.

Have a great Monday!!

We have a BIRTHDAY today!!

Happy Birthday Will!!!!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Can't miss that Party !!! TooT , Whistle , Guitar ,, Trumpet, Whirlygig ..
Screamers and grinders

Happy Birthday ,,,, Dear Will ,, Happy Birthday to you !!!
And Just Think of this ,,,, and Many More !!!

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the spirited birthday wishes there! I just got back from dinner. My mom and sister actually took me to dinner and paid for everything. I even got some money, I was flabberghasted! If all goes as planned I'll be in trucking school in less than 2 weeks.
Hehe.. a party?! Those days are over, no parties for birthdays anymore!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

They turned me down even when I had the money for trucking training . Soo I can be jealous of you Will . no not really , well ,,, maybe ,,lol a little ,, lol

Dinner ,,, I am foaming feeling compressed like my planter

see the left side .. compression blow out , ate to much and the foam all came back ,, lol

Thumbnail by juhur7
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday Will. Glad you had a nice day. Many happy returns.

Thanks Betty!

Dang ju, I'm not gonna ask why they turned you down. For one thing if the driving record isn't just so.. I mean one too many speeding tickets and it's no way. I've read stories where schools will take students' money even tho they have too many traffic violations or whatever and then after they've gave 6k to the school, then they can't get a job!
Practice makes perfect on the planter, James!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.... Sounds like it was a very nice one.
Yeap Birthdays aren't quite as fun as they use to be, but still nice.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Oh Will,
Shame on me!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Awww, your family had a great day planned for you.
Seriously? You are going to truck? There is good money in it and if you don't mind long hauls those are the one's most people don't want. They like to grab the paycheck and get going again. They usually have kids. DD's husband took the long hauls because his boss wanted the short ones. They were the only two. He had steady work.

Ju,
Love the ''party.'' I'll toot and whirlygig along with you :o)
Foam really grows!

Will,
Trucking seems to always need people. I'll say a prayer for you.

Yesterday a friend up the street stopped and asked if I could help with the plants they bought on sale. His wife just had both knees done and can't come out and direct. They have a tiny yard crammed with plants. I went up after coffee and we put 3 shrubs in. There are more to go so I'll go back today. After I got my bath and hair washed, I started on tomatoes. I have 5 quarts of juice in the fridge and no jars washed.

Have a successful day!

Well our gardening group got together last night for a plant swap and a harvest dinner and it was great. For each plant you brought you got a ticket and then tickets were drawn and you went up and picked what plant you wanted. I got a huge rose of sharon, daffs, and lavender. I took a voodoo lily, elephant ears, a minature garden, twisted weeping willow tree, radiation biohazard daylily, huge bag of surprise lily bulbs, and a red daylily. I only took 3 tickets because I didn't need any more plants to plant, have too many now. Several people brought plants but didn't want to take any home...lol so after the drawing it was just take what you wanted. Wished I would of taken a false spirea I didn't know what it was....

A friend of mine is from Brazil and he kept trying to give me egg plant, but I had never cooked egg plant, so he invited me over yesterday and he made me a lasagna which was a cross between Italian his Father and Brazilian his Mother. It was a HUGE success last night. There isn't any tomato sauce in it at all.

boil lasagna noodles as normal
peel and slice the egg plant thinnly
then fry the egg plant slices in olive oil (this reminded me of fried green tomatoes)
drain egg plant on paper towels
spray casserole dish
put down a layer of noodles
put down a layer of cheese slices (I used mozzarella)
put down a layer of ham (deli sliced and cover noodles)
put down a layer of egg plant
cover top of egg plant with Parmesan cheese kind in the shaker(put it on heavy)
bake at 350, covered. about 30 minutes. You know it is done when you see the cheese bubbling around the edges of the casserole dish (best to use glass so you can see)
After I took it out of the oven I covered it with shredded mozzarella put the foil back on out of the over and just waited until the cheese melted.

Made a huge casserole and I barely brought a 1/3 back home considering all the food that was there I am surprised they ate so much of it.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I bet the lasagna was awesome. I am not a egg plant fan at all. But this sounds like it would be a winner. No tomato sauce sounds kind of strange tho. I love the sauce. Maybe I will have to try this one.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Now I have jars washed and will have to can today :o)

Happ,
Awesome way to get new plants! You were very generous with your bringings :o)
LOVE eggplant!! I didn't get any planted this spring, but have seedlings started in a pot. More cabbage too. Now they need to be put in the ground!
I could so eat the lasagna. The ham sounds wonderful! I make a hamburger, pasta sauce with cubed, peeled eggplant dish on the stove. You cook the burger first, then throw it all in a large skillet and simmer till the eggplant is cooked. Fried eggplant is our favorite way to have it tho!

We got almost all the shrubs in yesterday. It started thundering so I let him drive me home. I am very wary of lightning now. My gift for helping was to chose anything they had. I chose a ninebark shrub. Since I had been thinking about getting one next year, so it turned out perfect. She had bought four or five and was only keeping one or two for herself. They re-sell plants. Prices were good because the nursery wanted to get rid of everything. I never thought of going at the end of summer to buy things. Duh.....

It rained while I was in the shower and we got 1/8'' Then we got a couple more short rains.

Today is my day of rest. It has cooled off considerably!! Good day to heat the kitchen.

We also have a groundhog that comes over from across the road. He hasn't been in the garden yet. We'll live trap him. We have the perfect place to re-home him with water, vegetation and mulberry trees. They are true hibernators so will want to be eating what he can.

Have a restful day :o)

Morning all, well the false spirea I just looked at the pic but found out it is invasive...geehz. I don't need that.

Love nine bark it is so pretty. Great payment for helping. I buy plants on sale at the end of the year and sometimes just over winter them in pots if I feel it is too late. I have done several types of saving. One I made a fort out of straw bales and put the plants in there in the pots, put the pots in my garden beds where they were empty, made a fort of mulch bags and put plants in there also. Only thing I have ever had trouble with is mice LOVE lily bulbs so don't do that. Otherwise the plants have never been bothered by anything. Course living in the country we have a million mice. When I was a city girl I thought all the mice lived in the city....WRONG....lol

Well need to take two test online for block and then go out and play...later

RU INFO IS UP...

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I have gone to a couple round ups that some one did on here. She did a good job. It was fun. But lost interest. I am just not to good a digging to bring some where.
Has anyone ever had to get a refund for something that did not make it where you sent it?? I paid for 2 day shipping on the 9th of this month. Still a no show. So upset.

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Finally catching my breath long enough to check in. It's been one week of unexpected drama. First though Ronna, I sent a two day delivery to Wisconsin a couple years ago. It made it eight days later, for a total of 10 days. It was primarily due to bad weather and not the fault of the post office really, but they did give me a full refund.

Amy came in last Wednesday night to be with her sister who is in the hospital. The day Amy arrived, they let her sister out of the hospital. Amy was able to spend some great one-on-one time with Jane. As of this morning, after a stranger showed up on my front porch looking for Amy, Jane is now back in the hospital. Amy is with her now the plans are for her to fly out at 5:30 AM tomorrow.

On a personal level, two nights ago I was letting my dog out for his last potty of the night and he flat could not get up. My 88 pound boy was thrashing around on the floor, not in a seizure, but totally unable to make his rear legs work. Frantic, I actually called my ex-husband and asked him to come help. He showed up and, between the three of us, we were still unable to get him off the floor. My ex is a big guy and used to lifting weight, as he's a chiropractor. I ended up calling 911 and asking for guidance. They sent the fire department out on assistance call. The firemen were great! We finally got Tucker loaded in my van and headed out to the emergency vet clinic. They had the freeway entrance blocked, which put me on a side street; the sidestreet had a train blocking it. I phoned the emergency clinic and told him we were on our way and why. When we got there they were waiting with a gurney. Five hours later, I finally got to see my dog again. They gave a diagnosis of "Old Dog Vestibular Syndrome". In other words, his inner ear, which provides balance and helps tell you where your body is in space, stopped working. They told me they did not know if he would ever walk again, but they gave him medication which might help him. They gave me every indication he would never revert back to "normal". This was at 6:30 AM. As you can imagine, my heart was breaking. I brought Amy back to my house so she could get some sleep and called my regular vet at 7:30 AM. By 8:30 AM, Tucker had been checked into a kennel at his regular vet's. They let me go back with him, but he kept thrashing around and the vet told me that maybe I should not visit Tucker anymore that day. I called her this morning and asked if I could bring him an article of my clothing to reassure him. She told me that she had not been her actual physical exam with him yet, but he wasn't nearly as frantic as he had been the day before. When I got up there to see him, he stood up in his kennel and walked out. He and I went out in the yard to see how much assistance he would need. The vet and I stood and watched Tucker and then the vet told me if I could handle him, she would release him to me. My boy is home. It is taking both Amy and I to get him down the back stairs when he wants to go out. A friend of mine called me earlier and said she had a harness/sling thing she would bring me this evening. I know this has nothing to do with plants or gardening, but I wanted to share what had been going on here. I finally feel like I can breathe again.

Will, I hope you had a very happy birthday. I'm sorry I missed it.

There's lots more I would like to speak to, but I need to get off here right now. I will post again tomorrow and catch up if I can.

Yeah, bp, unless I'm rejected for some reason, I'll be a truckdriver of the bigrig variety.
Thanks Sally, it was a good bday for being an old man. I really am not worried about needing to be gone. My biggest worry is being in big cities and not knowing my way around, in an 18 wheeler, but I'm sure I'll get used to that after awhile. Backing and the size of the truck really doesn't worry me. I've driven stick-shift cars my whole life and had lots of trailers and still do.

I dug up the Nankings that I got from Betty (greenbrain) and was going to give them to Joyce (happgarden) but I'm afraid they didn't survive the digging. When I got them they were small and they'd grown alot here. For some reason there is gravel all over the yard, about 3 inches down. Anyway, the roots apparently went into the rocks and when I dug the clump up it really severed the roots. It had already been mowed down once, it really wasn't too safe here anyway. Unfortunately, I don't have any to give her now.
Thanks for the Happy Birthday song happ!

Thanks Tuckersmom (Patti), hope your dog gets better soon.

Here is that Nanking Cherry clump I'm afraid. I'm still waiting for a hint of green to pop up, but I fear the worst.
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf

Oh Patti so sorry to hear about your pup. How scary that all was. Glad he is getting better and maybe he will perk back to normal. We lost our Shorty not long ago, the other 2 dogs are lost, the morning routine is just a mess and the other 2 dogs stand around waiting for Shortie to take the lead, but not lead dog. They bring you so much joy but so hurt your heart when they aren't well, or you lose one. Fingers crossed for you.

Well interviewing to get my job back at block. Yes you have to interview every year and take classes every year for more education. I have taken stocks, bonds, and interest, retirements, and now in the middle of depreciation. Next I have ethics, filing requirements, credits, and itemized deductions. The more classes you take the more you get paid, so...lol Altho most of these I took in the beginning these are more intense. In the beginning you can only do small returns and work your way up.

I was in the 4th of July swap altho my project didn't get done until August!! I did send her some small stuff because it was taking me so long but I wanted to show you all the flag I made. I am pretty proud of it.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Happ. I love the flag and you should be proud of it. Very neat looking. Patti, wow I have never heard of this condition. Poor boy. Sounds like he is a big boy for sure. What kind of dog is Tucker?? Post a picture of him. You probably have before. But I am not to good at remembering things. I did go to the Post pOffice and came home and called the 1800... Number. Grrrr, automated things are such a pain. The PO thinks it is to early for a refund. Silly it already has been past the promised delivery date. We will see. Sorry this is sideways. But here is our dog her named is Gracie. She is a Plotthound. Very sweet girl. We adopted her from the SPCA. She has been a great dog. Lazy. haha

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Happ,
Had to giggle over the city mice :o)
Beautiful dog and love your flag!

Patti,
My heart was with you as I read about Tucker. Huge prayers for him going out and for your X to come help. Blessings all around.

Will,
I think it will be a good job for you. Low bridges and overpasses are more a concern and you can Google map the city streets to help you find the warehouse.

Ronna,
I have never heard of a Plotthound. She's beautiful!

Thursday we went to the Iowa State Fair and had a gorgeous day! We didn't eat too much. skipped places like the midway to look at and actually left early. It takes about 2 and 1/2 hours to get there and we take back roads. So much calmer than the interstate. It's all semi traffic. Very annoying.

The twins are on my bed watching Peppa Pig. I love that show!

We got them early yesterday morning, went to town, bought school clothes and came home and had a big day. Grandpa got out some of the smaller fireworks and we watched chicken lay tiny colored eggs and blow up balloons, and a dog poop out a snake. I admit it's funnier than the cheapo snakes they sell now. We went to the park and all of us picked some of my neighbors apples. Most fell off the tree early. Too much rain.

I need to mow, but I think DH will do it today.

The tree leaves have been showing white backs since Thursday and I saw a small ant hill at the park with sides built up 1/4''. I do believe it will rain :o)

Better keep moving.

Have a great day!!!

OMG BillyP, I have not heard "The tree leaves have been showing white backs" since I was a little girl and my Mom would say it to me. I can remember studying the trees and watching, yesterday coming back from Springfield the white backs of some of the leaves were just glistening in the sun and I was thinking how pretty they were but Moms saying didn't pop into my head, until you posted it..... oh thank you, what a great memory for me.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Happ,
That gave me a big smile. You'll never forget now :o)

After we dropped the kids off yesterday, I mowed first thing. We kind of missed dinner and had no coffee because we were so busy, lol! I think life will get back to normal now.

Since Thursday, the leaves were showing their backs and I saw the anthill built up. I counted on the rain, so yesterday I planted my Ninebark shrub and stripped the garden. This morning we had a little rain :o)

Today we need to do applesauce and tomatoes. DH is going to clean the apples he picked up.

I took out the cherry tomato. If it was ripe, it was split. I had had enough. I planted tiny cabbage seedlings I started a few weeks ago and the one eggplant that sprouted. We'll see if they have time to produce.

Have a normal day :o)

What is everyones predictions on the fall? We have really been cool. I think it is going to be early.

I thought we might get rain yesterday, late last night I saw lightening and heard thunder but nothing. Guess I will have to water...lol I have gotten so LAZY...

Trying figure out what I am going to do today for sure, have a couple things I have to do, or want to do. Just don't know if I have the gumption...

I can't even see the food garden for the weeds, probably ought to work on that.

I stole your rain Happ...sorry. LOL!!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Happ,
According to my cicadas, the 15th of October will be our first frost. That's 3 months from the first call. I was sitting outside that afternoon and all of a sudden one started singing, lol!
I too think early, and according to that tall ant hill I also saw in July, wetter and colder than usual.
I am so thankful I didn't have to water this year. One summer we did nothing but, trying to save all my flower beds. I didn't hardly lose any weight for all the running around we did.

Pepper,
I stole the other half, but in my defense I only took 1/8" of it.

We got the apples cooked and cooling on the counter. I'll mix the drops from our tree with the ones we picked and picked up from my neighbor. Most of the tomatoes I picked are green. Touch them and they fall. I guess they'll ripen on my counter as well as on the ground.

I planted yellow tomatoes with the neat name of Wapsipinicon Peach. They are low acid, but fuzzy like a peach. I added a couple of habanaro peppers to them and cooked them down. I'll just drink the juice rather than can it. I won't plant them again.

I found a handful of beans on the pole bean tangle that should have been bush and we had them for diner along with the red potatoes DH dug the day before.

We eat another day :o)

State Fair humor.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I got out to work early due to low census. Came home excited to work in the yard and we are going to get a huge storm. Started thundering and came inside. Just starting to rain now. Pretty dry out there. Really need the rain for sure.
You all have been so busy, I am starting to cut down my daylilies and other stuff now. So much work to do in the autumn. Really dreading winter more and more every year. My husband says the farmers almanac says its going to be a very cold winter. I guess we will see soon enough. I really do not believe the farmers almanac.
Have a great evening all.

I've been out cutting back irises. Taking a small break. lol.

My veggie garden is pretty much done. Two pepper plants started wilting this week so I picked all the peppers off and will toss the plants when done with the irises. I need to toss the last two tomato plants in the ground also. I will only have 2 squash plants left and the big one in the garden I'm leaving as bug bait so the other one will hopefully give me a few. All that will be left is potatoes and I may or may not dig them up today.

dang just lost my post and pictures....

Pep glad someone got my rain. It is too dry to pull weeds and the ground is cracking. I still haven't watered because DH said we were taking down the crashed tree.

first pic is how it looked, sec pic is how twisted the top was gonna say we had a downdraft right there or a mini tornado for just a sec, very strange wood, just twisted tight.

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Dog tired from weekend chores. Will return and post something meaningful when I recover. Happy about my accomplishments.

Definitely looks like a mini twister hit it.

It needs to stay dry until Mon next week up there. lol. I have that trail ride next Sun and won't get my money back if it rains because it's the last weekend they are extending the deal.

Kind of creeped me out when we saw the wood and how twisted it was. It is strange because that was the only thing that was damaged thank goodness! That tree is on one side of the driveway and the house on the other.

Knowing you gb, I can't even imagine how hard you have been working. On a normal day you work harder than I ever thought about!

GL those rainy days mean you are suppose to rest! I know you want to play outside BUT....lol

I bought two glass fench doors at a junk store cause I want to make an entrance to my garden room. I started removing all the stuff off the doors (curtain rods and the such). Almost all of the paint is peeling off so I think I will strip them this winter and seal them so the weather won't get to them so bad. They have window panes all up and down them and some are broken out, I am thinking about doing some kind of stain glass picture up and down them. Here is a pic off of pinterest I found that I am sort of going to copy.

Thumbnail by happgarden
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Ronna,
How I wish we had had your storm. I can't push stakes in the ground in some spots. It's too hard.
I believe in the almanac more than the weathermen, lol!

Pepper,
Our potatoes are still green as can be and still blooming. I guess I really got them out late!
Ooooh, a trail ride! NEAT!!!

Oh Happ,
Twisting is a sign of a tornado. Wind just knocks things over.
WOW WOW WOW!!! I can't WAIT to see your doors when you finish with them!!! (I know these aren't your doors :o) I think stained glass will look awesome!

Rest well Batty.

Well, I canned 6 quart of tomato juice and 6 of applesauce yesterday. Slim pickings. Our nights were too cold for tomatoes this year. Touch them and they fall off. I have bowls of variously ripened ones all over, lol!

Boy did it get cold last night! We had windows open yesterday, but the breeze was never really warm. The heat from canning helped.

I pulled weeds after canning and sat in my chair that leans back. It was a gorgeous day to be outside!!!

Have a fabulous day!!

BillyP you have to admit how odd it sounds saying in August the heat from the canning helped because it was so cool...very strange year. Yeap same here ground is like a rock!

I am waiting for the dew to get off so I can throw some things in the ground. I have all my bargains sitting around in pots and want to get them settled.

My doors will be a good winter project. I have them standing in the garden room now, trying to figure out how far apart to make them. I will need to get a wheel barrel thru them and the push mower. Well guess I could go thru the backside....duhhh.

I have so many finches feeding on the cone flower heads. The heads look horrible but I sure don't want to cut them down since the birds are enjoying them.

Joyce, I pinned that idea also. I love it – and your doors will look great! Your flag is beautiful! I still have all the stuff sitting down in my basement from when I did stained glass work. I also have what amounts to boxes and boxes of fabric – I really want to get back into quilting.

Things are still very busy here. Amy went home to Portland last week, and now I have my neighbors dog, Nikki. He will be here through Saturday night. Somebody needs to teach me how to say no. LOL

My heavy lifter, Jamie, came over yesterday to get some plants in the ground for me. The hostas came through the mail. Even though sent priority mail on the 11th, they were not received until the 23rd. Jamie and I have not finished the north side of the house by a longshot, but we are getting there. He told me yesterday that he is thinking about taking a job that will have him working a night shift. In other words. I may be losing my guy. Time will tell. I would love it if he would at least stay through the fall. He's putting all of his clients on notice though, so it sounds like he's pretty serious. I don't know how many more bumps in the road I can handle a month. LOL

Ronna, Tucker is a chocolate lab. I will attempt to attach a picture of he and Nikki. Nikki was trying to get Tucker to play; Tucker was having none of it. He still is not back to 100%. But he is doing better every day. He's gone back off the food, so that's a worry. I don't want to have to make the hamburger rice concoction, because I know of two cats and another dog who will want it too.

I am still getting tomatoes, but they sure are ugly due to lots of cracks. My green pepper plant finally has five green peppers on it. What a waste of time and water that was. It has lots of babies, but if it doesn't warm up ( I can't believe I'm saying that ) they won't mature.

It sounds as if you all are as busy as I am. I still have all the laundry to do from when Amy was here and that's calling my name, so I better get on it. Sally, was it you that said you love laundry? I wish some of your energy would rub off on me. I'll bet you don't have to drag yours to the basement though. If I ever buy another house, the laundry will be on the main floor. When I bought this house, I didn't see myself ever getting old. LOL

Will, I'm wishing you lots and lots of luck with your trucking job. I think I'm a little jealous. I have been stuck in Wichita for so long, I have forgotten what the open road is like. When I was younger, I loved climbing in my car and taking off.

I'll try to check back in later today but no guarantees.

Thumbnail by Tuckersmom Thumbnail by Tuckersmom Thumbnail by Tuckersmom Thumbnail by Tuckersmom Thumbnail by Tuckersmom

Thanks Patti, oh I love road trips! Altho, not looking forward too much on getting lost in unfamiliar cities in a big truck, on a dead-line!

Patti, those hostas look pretty good considering how long they ended up being in transit. They will rebound nicely next year.

Love Tucker and Nikki!! They would be a hit in my store. lol. We love big dogs that come to visit.

Ronna, thank you for posting the picture of your plotthound. What a pretty girl! I love brindles. I was not familiar with the breed so I googled. That little girl sounds like she would be right up my alley. So many of my animals, over the years, have been rescues. They always seem to bring something special to the table with them. My last rescued Labrador, Abbey, that she can get on my dining room table and nap – that happened exactly twice. LOL I had a trainer tell me that he thought she had shaken baby syndrome. She was dumb as a rock and I adored her. That girl never stop grinning. Her tail would go around in circles – like the prop on an airplane. She was already old when I got her so we only spent about 3 1/2 years together. I miss her every day.

And that takes me to Shorty. It's heartbreaking to see the animals searching for their missing leader. I hope they catch on soon, Joyce. These animals hold such special places in our hearts.

OK, city girl here. What's this about the whites of the back of the leaves? I don't understand.

Betty, I'm waiting to hear what you been up to. I wonder if it has something to do with canning. Sure wish I knew how to can.

I made garden purchases today. Two 64 quart bags of potting soil for the winter sowing. I got the wrong kind initially. 14 more bags of mulch, another 20 feet of roof flashing to keep my neighbors Ivy out and three galvanized steel dohickies to put the invasive plants in. If Jamie is truly serious about giving his clients up, it's possible I will only have him another 8 to 12 hours.
I am praying that by next spring my hip situation has resolved itself and I'll be able to do the yard work without ending up on pain pills or depending on someone else. I know my ex and I both thought when we got divorced that was the end of our interaction, and it was until six months ago. LOL I now see him 2 to 3 times a week because of this hip. It is at least 75% better. I would much rather see my ex then have to go through another surgery. That is the truth!

You guys have me curious now as to the long range forecast. I love snow, the more the better. Ice is another story. I guess I need to move to the country so I can learn to read mother nature. Patti

Pepper, there were more plants in that package too. I didn't take pictures of everything because they weren't quite as peppy. Still, I do think everything will come back next year. I am really looking forward to having the north side of the house done. It won't be totally done until next spring. The seeds I plant this winter have to come through for me. LOL I love challenges apparently. I can't find seeds for coral bells in lighter colors. I don't want to put dark plants in an area that's already in shade.
Patti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.