August Weather, Dog Days

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

78° at sunrise...ugh. Thunder and lightning was wicked yesterday, things are getting quite soggy. Rain chance down to 50% today.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It was 66F with 89% humidity this morning around 7AM. I'll be glad when nights go back into the 50s. They are calling for a high of 89F today. It was 89F yesterday.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Makes me glad we decided to go north for our annual driving trip. We're not going to leave for a few weeks so maybe the weather will be nice by then. Who knows though, September can be hot too. High 70's here today and the humidity is back down so it's not so sweaty working outside.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

70 currently. Woke up to 50s this morning. Chilly for this time of year but not complaining one bit!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

78 now
Heavy thunderstorms tonight
it was a partly cloudy day in the 80's

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Nice and cool here about 62 F. Sitting around the firepit toasting marshmallows currently cloudy with a few sprinkles. Loving it.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Texas Piney Woods- Garrison, Tx at Sunset. Temps dropped to 74° light rain north and by full dark in Marshall, Texas, the lightning is snapping.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

They are calling for a high of 89F. It is cloudy right now but that will burn off, probably before noon.

HIgh of 80 with sunshine. I was inside all day working the paint desk so didn't get to enjoy it.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Perfect day here. 70 something, little breeze & sun.
Now dark & 65º.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Similar as above here
63 degrees now
52 forecast for tonight
rained last night ,

We're slipping and sliding in the slime on the walks here. Rains so heavy each night, wicked lightning and thunder, shaking the whole house, dog is glued to my side. Cats could care a less.

Still gets up to low mid 90's. before it rains.

They are calling for a high of 88F. The next 10 days are supposed to be hotter. (Yuck)

79 currently with a high in the low 80s. Felt good so I weeded a bed this afternoon. Soil was still moist from the rain the other day so they pulled right out. Will tackle another one next week after it rains and cools down again this weekend.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

82 degree day , 63 now , cooling fast 55 tonight

Pretty much the same as yesterday. They are calling for a high of 89F. Right now it is cloudy but that will burn off.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Very windy today. Everyone having trouble with pop up tents at market this morning. A half dozen people helped us get ours down. Good market day otherwise.
76º with thunderstorms brewing now.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunny 80's degree day , Hot , High Humidity ,
Nice day to go swimming , no not me , the kids

82 and humid. Storms moving in overnight.

Sunny today. They are calling for a high of 93F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

75 now , 83 for today
right now it is Sunny ,
Chance of Thunderstorms
Dew point has fallen to 62 last few days it is been higher ,not as humid or heavy feeling (than Goodness !!!)

Thumbnail by juhur7

76 currently, low humidity and a nice cool breeze. Not one single complaint about today's weather....other than not owning a horse to ride on such a nice day. lol

Finally got my irises trimmed back today. Weeded one iris bed, have 2 more to weed.

They are calling for a high of 95F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

From 54 this morning to 84 this afternoon ,
Sunny
Windy , Gusty , day

79 and sunny. Feels so nice. I love Fall weather.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Started out at 55° ending at 57°… heavy clouds and misty rains. Gusty stiff breezes. Brrr. Weyauwega, Wis. Found the first fall color here, and how stout the wind is on the water.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

They are calling for a high of 96F. I would love some fall weather.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

67 here . cool day ,
Slowly on it's way to 72 I don't think it is going to make it ,
Light wind ,

About 82 for high but humidity is still low so wasn't bad at all.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

45º this morning. Fall is in the air.

Dried out a bit here, sunny high gets to about 95° ea. day. Hasn't rained here in 3 days, just close by. They're talking about a hurricane out there, we are camping next week, so would be just our luck.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

68 degrees 72 the high for today
50's this morning ,
54 for in the morning ,

They are calling for a high of 97F. I don't doubt it. It was already 70F at 7AM.

79 currently with a high of about 82. Fall is definitely on the way because days are getting shorter and nights getting longer. Summer isn't done with us yet though. Wish it was. lol. I want a looong fall.

Same here, or rather, I want a long winter, which is like your fall.

73°/89°/74°
We had a bit of hail last evening right before a very windy thunderstorm. 80% chance of rain later today, but sunny now.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

I read on AccuWeather.com that our September will feel like July. Hope that is not the case. I love normal September weather.

They are calling for a high of 100F today.

101F at 2PM

I really hope not too!! I want decent weather. lol

Today we never left the 70s. 73 for high and either sunny or pouring down rain and thundering. lol. Same thing tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.