rooting lantanas for dummies

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

I live in zone seven and just had a large gardening window put in and would like to takes slips off my lantana,(before the first hard frost hits and I lose it) I have read all about the process but am wondering if any one has any tips to share. It is a lovely purple and I would like to reduce my cost in the spring!! Thanks

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I've read here that they are extremely easy from cuttings, with or without rooting hormone. Just snip some and start them in sand or soil. I don't know how you haven't had a hard frost yet!!! I lost everything weeks ago. :( I'm waiting til spring to take my cuttings, too many things already in the house:)
Are they not hardy there? For that I'm very fortunate, my lantanas come back. Let us know how it does!!

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

I have my lantanas in pots up next the house on the deck and they have survived the few dips to 32 we have had. They have to be purchased every spring that is why I thought I would attempt to do some cuttings. which I will do today. I am zone 7 but very close to PA.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

good luck, they are supposed to be easiest in perlite.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Happyoma - I am in zone 7 bordering on 6 and my lantanas are hardy. You have the purple one and I believe this too is quite hardy. Glad for the tips Tig - can't wait for the Spring!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.