July Weather, more than fireworks.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Wow, nice flowers

They are calling for a high of 78F. I think it will get hotter because there are no clouds. This morning it got down to 55F, which is the coolest it has been in a long time. I was actually cold in bed this morning.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

78 currently and cloudy. Rain was moving in but broke up before making it to us. Heat really starts cranking tomorrow.

They are calling for a high of 83F. Since the day started out sunny, I suspect it will get a little hotter than that, especially at our house. Currently it is 69F at 9AM.

Mountain View, HI

Muggy, hot, humid, no wind - Tropical storm Ela dissipated and left us with an oppressive heat and chance of heavy showers through tomorrow. In Hilo they say current temp is 87 but feels like 96. Air conditioning units and fans are getting sold out in the stores. Dew Point was 75 this morning. Nasty stuff.

Love those flower Sunkissed. Just like Hawaii. What is that pink one on the end.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hot & overcast to sunny today. 82º
Good market this morning. Weather was perfect, sold out of nearly everything.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Forecast , weather real close to above ,, except I would add the humidity weighs like a brick and we are waiting for rain to start (60 to 70 % chance) with only a few sprinkles occasionally
Humidity 90% or so ,,,Changes like 80 % to 95% icky ,,, you know ,,

No rain, all sunshine and heat today. Computer saying 88 but not sure I'm buying that.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

It has been raining here tonight for hours ,,?again ,,

They are calling for a high of 88F. That's a little too hot for me and that is why I say that aside from baseball and fruit, summer around here isn't worth a nickel.

It was 60F at 6:30 this morning. Maybe it will stay under 90F.

85 currently. Mid 90s supposed to be the high with full on sunshine. Going riding in a bit. Hope we spend plenty of time in the woods. lol

Mountain View, HI

Hilo hit a record temp of 90 today with heat index at 98.

Now the rain has arrived, nice stead moderate showers. Tradewinds will be back tomorrow and everything should cool down.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Central MN got hit hard by severe storms last night. 1000's of trees down, docks & boats wreaked.
Trees on top of cars & houses. Power out all over. Big mess!

92º here yesterday.
Now 74º & going up to 90 Today.

Hope you have power at your place, Bernie. Power outage in the summer has got to be the worst because you can't use the air conditioning. At least in the winter you can bundle up and make a fire in the fireplace. It may seem odd but most houses around here have fireplaces. I guess Santa needs a way in. We haven't used ours in years. We haven't had any of those nice cozy rain-all-day days in years.

They are calling for a high of 88F today. It was 66F at 7:30AM. It is sunny, of course.

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

It was 88 yesterday with humidity unbearable if you had to work outside.
Recd. 2" of rain last night , lots of lightening but no near hits.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Wow, Bernie, that is really something. I agree on power outages in the hot summer, killer in the heat with no AC or fans.

Mike, the pink flowers are crape myrtle tree, that color is watermelon.

Very Hot all dang weekend, highs hit 96° - Real Feel 111. No rain at my house in a good five days now. My morning walks are getting really hard to do. You'd think with all that sweat I'd lose some weight.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We didn't get the storms, they were 150 miles north of us.
We use natural AC. No machine, just big shade trees & lots of insulation. Cool in summer, cozy in winter.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

rained this morning until about noon , 70's now cloudy , humid , usual

95 or so for high today with high humidity. Then we had a round of severe storms come in though I'm not sure why severe when we didn't get lightning or any winds. lol. Some thunder and a nice soaking rain for 30 min.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We have Thunderstorms currently) temperature was at 82 at sundown ,
More rain ,,

They are calling for a high of 86F, which is not so fabulous, but beats 90F.

There is a 25% chance of rain on Saturday. I'm not holding my breath. I think it's the remnants of a tropical storm or hurricane off Mexico. Those usually bring humidity and an immeasurably small amount of drizzle. Maybe it will make the Texas rangers bloom. They like a short period of humidity.

84 currently. Another hot day.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Yesterday afternoon I could see and smell the rain, hear the thunder, but it went around us once again. Ugh! I had to turn the irrigation on last night, poor garden was so wilted. Don't tell the water police. ☺

It was 79° just before sunrise this morning, like that hardly ever happens. Normally we are at 76° this time of year. High 94° and I hope I'm the isolated area that gets the rain today.

88 for high, 87 currently. We almost got hammered with storms this morning but they broke up before making it to my work. It was enough to keep those of us working outside on machines nervous and to have a guy come help me unload a truck though. lol

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

75 and fair weather here 56 tonight ,
55% humidity
9mph wind ,

With the sun shining this afternoon the car thermometer read 93 ,, air conditioning is nice ,lol

They are calling for a high of 88F. It is currently 89F. That happens a lot.

Mountain View, HI

something is wrong with the weather. An area of rain that was forecast for last night today and tomorrow passed us by to the North. We now have virtually clear blue skies across the island and the thermometer on our front porch, in the shade, hit 90f for the first time ever! This not our typical rainforest weather. Do we blame El Nino or Pluto.
Hilo says it is 88f but feels like 96f

92 for high today with super bright and hot sunshine. No clouds for relief.

They are calling for a high of 91F. I suspect it will get hotter than that at the house. It is currently sunny and 73F.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

85 now , 86 to 88 the expected high
cloudy
Humidity 62%
Dew point 71

Special Weather Statement;
SOME OF THE WARMEST AIR OF THE SEASON IS EXPECTED ACROSS PORTIONS OF CENTRAL INDIANA TODAY AND THROUGH THE WEEKEND. HIGH TEMPERATURES IN THE UPPER 80S TO MID 90S... COUPLED WITH DEWPOINTS RISING INTO THE 70S... WILL GENERATE HEAT INDEX VALUES IN THE UPPER 90S TO MID 100 DEGREE RANGE. THIS MAY SEEM ESPECIALLY OPPRESSIVE CONSIDERING THE MILD SUMMER SO FAR ACROSS THE REGION.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

You guys are always cool. 89.6º here & going up. Humid, too.

I just cooled down to 89 from close to 95. Will be another scorcher tomorrow.

Mountain View, HI

No advanced warning but last night from 11pm to 6am was continuous thunderstorms. Thunder so close that it shook the plates on the wall. Periods of torrential rain and then it was gone. Snow on the top of Mauna Kea at 12000 ft. Folks can't remember when we last had snow in July.
Showery today. Should be more settled weather for the weekend. At least the heat has gone.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Strayed south from Angola, Ind at 72° at daylite, to Indianapolis at 94°, thunderheads decorating the skies. Stopped just north of Louisville Kentucky and woke to flash flood warnings and reports of cars hydroplaning into the median. Hammered us good.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

All the way down to 78º.
Hot again tomorrow.

92 currently with the dew point right about 72 or so. Very hot and very humid. Had rain off and on until mid afternoon then it let up and just did the occasional sprinkle and sunshine. Heat index is about 107 right now in places.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

92 was our high here . 102 the Index , raining now , Sunny all morning and afternoon ,with a few clouds ,
Miserable for doing much outdoors , enjoyable if not doing .

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Gray skies this morning at 6:28 AM CDST with a thunderstorm warning; temp 78 F. Need the rain so no complaint. Got all my gardening chores done yesterday, so bring it on!

We got 0.53 inches of rain yesterday. Not only was it a record for the date, it is a record total for the whole month of July. Around 7:30 it was sunny and 69F with 95% humidity. I told DH to keep the back door closed and keep the humidity out. He's great for keeping the back door open, even when it's hotter outside than you want it to be in the house. They are calling for a high of 90F.

83 currently. It stayed more on the cool side today which was great!! No complaints here!! lol

We only got a trace of rain last night but it rained so hard in Anaheim that they had to cancel the baseball game. That was the first time in 20 years that a game was rained out in Anaheim. This morning at 7AM it was 71F and 90% humidity. I did a little bit of watering under the porch roof. It wasn't miserable. They are calling for a high of 80F. It is partly cloudy. There is a 20% chance of rain today, which is pretty much a 0% chance. I guess I shouldn't be hoggish. We've already got a record for the month of July.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.